US Airways CEO calls for more consolidation

Merger is the game. There is NO STAFFING IN OUR HUB CITIES. Can't wait for the meltdown. What crackpot(s) in charge of the staffing for our company? THERE IS NONE. We will all just sit and wait for our demise.

About five hundred million dollars for some slots at LGA and and DCA along with a hub at CLT. Can Rod Roddy tels what AA will get? A large operation of flights competing head to head with SWA, and incompatible fleet of Airbus AC which would have to be replaced, and in-fighting employee groups over a failed merger. All this can be yours if the price is right?!?!

But I guess the real value is in the huge profits all this is making for U.
And I guess that AA is making a huge profit, while everyone else is losing money.
As far as the mis-matched fleet is concerned, that didn't stop DL/NW from getting together did it?
I suppose that PHL means nothing either...
Don't get me wrong, IF US merges with anyone I would prefer it to be UA instead of AA anyday.
Most that I have dealt with from AA, have been a bunch of AArogant little Crandells anyway. Back when AA came to my former station, the employees were told not to speak with the
"other" airline people at the airport. Their Mgr went as far as to tell some of our people that we were toast now that the mighty AA was on the scene. Needless to say, they packed up and ledt town in less than 2 years. :shock:

And I guess that AA is making a huge profit, while everyone else is losing money.
And here I thought AA was losing money. I am not sure where you got the bulleten about AMR making profits.

As far as the mis-matched fleet is concerned, that didn't stop DL/NW from getting together did it?
So just because Delta did it, it must be the way to go? The cost of having a mixed matched fleet are ridiculous and Delta will be paying huge premiums for that.

I suppose that PHL means nothing either...
Should it? Sitting between ORD and JFK, and producing the delays and over crowding for U, should it be a benefit for someone else?

Don't get me wrong, IF US merges with anyone I would prefer it to be UA instead of AA anyday.
On this we agree. To bad the UAL people dont.

Most that I have dealt with from AA, have been a bunch of AArogant little Crandells anyway. Back when AA came to my former station, the employees were told not to speak with the
"other" airline people at the airport. Their Mgr went as far as to tell some of our people that we were toast now that the mighty AA was on the scene. Needless to say, they packed up and ledt town in less than 2 years. :shock:
Yea I am sure the manager told the agents, dont talk to the other people in Podunk. Come on you can dream up something better than that.