US Airways cutting 52 employees at IND

IIRC, didn't the Hubs and large stations essentially throw the out stations under the bus in order to save their hides? Also wasn't that vote right around the time the 20 some thugs in PHL got arrested?
The vote that permitted the outsourcing of 20+ stations took place at the end of 2004, with all of them gone by June of 2005. The word on the street was that the outstations were sacrificed to save catering in the hubs at the time. The arrests came about later, after the HP merger in the fall of 2005. I'm not sure of an exact date, but I'm sure someone else here may. If my memory serves me correctly, the 2004 vote was just after the foolish liquidation threat of Mr. Bonner from AL just prior to the busy holiday season. I'm sure that gave advance bookings a shot in the arm.

IIRC, didn't the Hubs and large stations essentially throw the out stations under the bus in order to save their hides? Also wasn't that vote right around the time the 20 some thugs in PHL got arrested?

No it was more like the Hubs and Class I cities making $5+ dollars an hour MORE than the Class II cities that were doing the same work (in most cases More Work). You know the saying, what goes around comes around..... Guess BDL,BOS & PIT got theirs....

No it was more like the Hubs and Class I cities making $5+ dollars an hour MORE than the Class II cities that were doing the same work (in most cases More Work). You know the saying, what goes around comes around..... Guess BDL,BOS & PIT got theirs....
The company also added PVD & BDL to the class 1 station list just prior to the vote taking place to seal the deal. This gave them a huge advantage with the 60% that I spoke of in my previous post. At that time the vote was stretched out over a few days with certain stations voting at a given time. That CBA was a done deal before everyone was able to cast a ballot.

The vote that permitted the outsourcing of 20+ stations took place at the end of 2004, with all of them gone by June of 2005. The word on the street was that the outstations were sacrificed to save catering in the hubs at the time. The arrests came about later, after the HP merger in the fall of 2005. I'm not sure of an exact date, but I'm sure someone else here may. If my memory serves me correctly, the 2004 vote was just after the foolish liquidation threat of Mr. Bonner from AL just prior to the busy holiday season. I'm sure that gave advance bookings a shot in the arm.
Hopefully the employee groups and unions have learn an lesson in scope protection and throwing displace/ furlough employees under the bus

Reactions: 1 person
% wise 52 is nothing. I am sure all can transfer if they choose. If it keeps the company viable saving hundreds or thousands of jobs don the road that is a good move for all. The idea of doing things just because, even if they lose money is not a long term strategic plan. (See Autos and Steel) I do believe for the year we will have hired more people and have had no net job losses.

% wise 52 is nothing. I am sure all can transfer if they choose. If it keeps the company viable saving hundreds or thousands of jobs don the road that is a good move for all. The idea of doing things just because, even if they lose money is not a long term strategic plan. (See Autos and Steel) I do believe for the year we will have hired more people and have had no net job losses.
% wise... you are leaving out the other 6 stations losing their entire ramp staff and LAS getting hit with another round of furloughing, too. All told it is about 250 hard working men and women that were proud of what they do for the company. Sorry that people like yourself are so insensitive to others that work for the same airline as you, that you fail to recognize the significance. You are fortunate that you do not have to comprehend terms like outsourcing. It is real and unfortunately, I chose to work in a group that the Company finds most expendable. In the end, it is the Company's loss only to save a few bucks. They lose decent hard working people and replace them with people that really should not be working around jet aircraft for $7.50 an hour and have trouble with the English language. It is more than insulting to me and the 30+ others at the station I am at. People like you don't (and won't) "get it" until you are faced with a situation where the job you have proudly held for however many years you have been doing it, suddenly has the rug pulled out from under it. I could blame the union or the company or myself for coming to work for such a horrible airline, but it will end up a blessing in disguise to be able to free myself of this toxic company we call US Airways.

Reactions: 3 people

Happy Thanksgiving idiot.

Reactions: 4 people

So if % wise 52 is nothing, on the same token the company should be able to afford to keep them. I swear all this management team knows how to do is "cut" whether be routes, amenities, and people. US is a shrinking airline that runs from any competition. Just a cycle that keeps going round and round until nothing left but a shell of itself to merge it with some other airline. Good luck to everyone...

How about if you're in that 52? Perhaps then it's different?

Better still how about they lop of 52% of your "Equipment"? How would that be?

o
I can only assume that you are a crew member, as most have no clue what it is like to have your station close. While there have been many crew bases closures, it differs greatly from losing your job at a station that you spent a good portion of your working career at. You go to the same location, and work with the same people for years, and they become like a second family at a your second home. Then the company decides to pull the plug on a good bunch of hard working dedicated employees as if they were high-cost trash. As mentioned above, if it is such a small percentage of the workforce, what's the big deal? Lots of money being wasted in many other ways around the system.
When a crew base closes, I'm sure it sucks, but its only a place that you check-in for work. Your job in essence remains the same, only the place you report to changes. I realize the commuting stinks, but there are lots of others that commute, and stay away from home for days at a time as well.

I only despise what they have become. Political Frauds. Almost everything unions support politically are diametrical opposed to workers best interest.
Perfect example unions led with environmental nuts to kill the pipeline from Canada to the Gulf and 20,000 jobs. Why would unions do that?
Because their leadership are all radical leftist, concerned only about politics and not their members!

Oh and their are no serious environmental concerns with that project.

Another example is illegal immigration, unions used to be very hard on it and now champion letting illegals in and giving them status, which only hurts current union members.

Your way off topic, your selfish and dont care about your coworkers, I hope you job gets eliminated and see how you feel!

Reactions: 2 people