Us Airways' Ills Loom Large For Alabama Retirees

Bloomberg reported:

The U.S. air travel industry remains in miserable shape, though the pension fund sounds undaunted about its decision to invest. "Everyone remains very optimistic. We can't say we've wavered," said Darren Schulz, the pension fund's acting chief investment officer. "It's still very early to gauge success."

A nine-handicap golfer, Bronner is addressed as "Dr. Bronner" by many of his associates because of his law degree and doctorate in public administration. He isn't yet prepared to describe US Airways' recovery strategy.

"We're just going back to the drawing board," he said. "We'll do what we need to do to survive."

dave IS running the show...just not dave seigel.

delldude, was there ever a doubt as to who was calling the shots?
Everyone on this board wants Siegel's head but all Siegel is doing is carrying out Bronners orders. IMO if for some strange reason Siegel resigns Bronner will bring in another yes man and we'll be in no better position than were in right now.

I believe Bronner is calling the shots too, but he is aided by Rono Dutta, who is not only UA's former president, he's an RSA consultant and US board member.

Moreover, I do not think that we should have been surprised that the A320 outsourcing contract was signed with a company who is located in Alabama.

Regards,

Chip

Chip Munn said:
I believe Bronner is calling the shots too, but he is aided by Rono Dutta, who is not only UA's former president, he's an RSA consultant and US board member.

Moreover, I do not think that we should have been surprised that the A320 outsourcing contract was signed with a company who is located in Alabama.

Regards,

Chip
Moreover ...We are being run into the ground by a collection of idiots whom are going to destroy our airline...and quite possibly a respectable profession.

We need leaders in this company and the legacy airline industry as a whole....We have all seen what the "Dealmakers" of this world are capable of....and we suffer and laungish accordingly because of them.

Chip Munn said:

Regards,

Chip
NO! We should all just bend over and touch our toes with our collective noses and say, well gee, it's only violating our signed and legal contract along with taking our very livelihoods, but what the hey, Alabama needs our jobs more than we do! YOU KILL ME CHIP!! You and this management team that is.

OH YEA...

Regards

Cav

Well, either Dr. Bronner, in all his savvy business sense, had a "brain fart" and is actually an idiot for real, for making an investment in a Bankrupt airline in the worst economic downturn in aviation history, or someone is lying to get more concessions....hmmmm......

If you really think about this, I don't believe it is Dave S. calling any shots. I believe the poor soul might be in a "panic" right now, watching his career "smoking" into a burn before his eyes if he does not produce and fast to move that "share value" up for Dr. Bonehead.

Hmmm, will the real enemy of labor, please "stand up"?

Article reads:

As of last week, the pension fund's US Airways stake had fallen in value to about $200 million, based on a share price for the recapitalized airline of about $8. The pension fund now owns 42.5 percent of the airline.

Interesting.... 8 months ago, he only had 37.5%.

AFA and TWU contract still has the "controlling interest" language in our contracts. When and if Dr. Bonehead increases RSA stake by another 7.5% THEN BINGO...

" ENTIRE SNAP BACK IN WAGES FROM JUNE 2002. Yes siree, the whole kitten Kaboodle."

Chip Munn said:
"Everyone remains very optimistic. We can't say we've wavered," said Darren Schulz, the pension fund's acting chief investment officer. "It's still very early to gauge success."

"We're just going back to the drawing board," he said. "We'll do what we need to do to survive."
Duh?....

Of course they are going to say that. Do you think they are going to publicly come out and say, "We screwed up. USAirways' days are numbered. We have no idea where to go from here since we underestimated the cost of screwing every employee and not having a real business plan. Barring a knight in shining armour coming along to buy us out, we're toast!" ?????????????????????

Have you ever heard of putting a smiley face on something for public consumption?

Have you ever heard of managing people's expectations?

Surely you understand those concepts.

767jetz,

You sure hit the nail on the head, and understand this management here at U, damn well.

If management would just stay out of our way......

WE ARE GOING TO BEAT THE LIVING CRAP OUT OF SW IN PHL. You all just watch us.

So, $250 million and $500 million in financing got him a stake that is now worth $200 million.

I see that the shrewd Dr. Bronner's next move will be to spend another billion to finance the UCT so he can increase the incredible returns that his investment in the airline industry has reaped.

ICT at 11.