US AIRWAYS advertises in the wall street journal

how does any of this have to do with the topic? Maybe it should be closed.

I intentionally mentioned a difficulty finding the WSJ in dumpsters near undesirable bridges to keep it on topic.

Why are you slinging luggage Freedom? You should be in DC sitting alongside Bernanke and Paulson formulating economic policy...

Ah power, status and MONEY .. all the things i don't have .....

you see LGA ...i have next to nothing .. i have no 401k ... no life savings etc ... i'm poor .. i have no vested interest in the system ....

Sometimes it pays to be impartial ...... it's amazing how attached people are to the green paper .... i mean people actually kill each other over money and shiny jewels ...

me on the other hand , i like the system , but i'm not bound to it .... it's in my self interest to support our economic system , but there comes a point in my mind where i can say to myself "well , it's not going to work anymore , time to try something else " others simply have too much invested in our current system , and therefore cannot eject from it ...very similar to what we're seeing in Zimbabwe . If you were in the ruling class in Zimbabwe you wouldn't want the system to end either , no matter what the cost ...

Now understanding that the majority of you reading this are skeptics when i say our economy is heading into a depression ... what i wrote above sounds crazy ... but you see , it's not crazy because it's reality ...

i was reading the WSJ today as i so often do, when an article about prime mortgages caught my eye ... i'm sure all of you are familiar with mortgage securities and repacking them for sale to banks en mass .... you have your different levels of mortgage quality ,sub prime being the worst , then you have your alt A mortgages which are like the middle ground of them .. and finally you have your AAA prime mortgages ... which are the best of the best ... the ones that aren't suppose to fall into default and should hold up value wise during these difficult times ... well according to the article they were trading at about 70 cents on the dollar up to a few months ago ... now their going for 30 cents on the dollar ... which means as the article explains that the market is preparing for mortgage Armageddon...

oh but you say , who cares about mortgage Armageddon ? you should care , because when the market blows up the value of your house will sink like it's 1932 all over again and you'll see the credit markets freeze up like it's nuclear winter ...and while your house losing most of it's value and credit drying up like water in the Arizona summer might not affect YOU , it will affect everyone else around you , bringing down our entire society , eventually affecting you ...

my point is , if your going to criticize me on the economy you had best be bringing more of a counter response than " the economy will recover because it always has " OR a response of "your crazy " or "the people on tv said we're nearing the bottom " ....

come on , i dare any of you ... give me a rational thought out response on how you see our economy recovering to economic health ...

i double dare you :ph34r:

Because the government has opened the flood gates of money the likes of which have never been seen before in history.

Hows that?
Honestly, that's a double edged sword. It could have the effect of seriously damaging the value of our currency long term. AND the banks, who are the direct beneficiaries of this "capital infusion" are hoarding the cash, and not making loans.

I'd honestly think freedom would do a better job than Paulson and Bernanke, because these guys are in it to pad their wallets, and set up their friends before their terms end. The American people are going to get super hosed in the end... The greed never ends.

Latest posts