US AIRWAYS advertises in the wall street journal

freedom

Veteran
Feb 15, 2006
from what i can tell it looks like us airways has partnered with the IT company called CA to take out a half page add in today's WSJ .... our name and symbol are prominently displayed which at first made me think it was purely a US airways add .... i'd say it was a good call partnering with CA to advertise in the WSJ .. full page adds run around 270 K i think, so half a page would still be expensive ..

This is what the add says ... (its in the journal report section ,page R9 )

Simplifying IT management starts on the inside . When US airways and AMERICA WEST joined forces CA was there to ensure a turbulence free integration of the airlines complex IT operations . CA enterprise IT management (EMIT) unified and streamlined their IT systems to reduce costs , improve service and make their business as aerodynamic as their fleet . get the full story and see how CA can help you reach new heights of success at CA.com/success

Horray ! i'm so glad our company has gotten it's advertising department together and is now putting our name in the RIGHT places ... i hope to see more adds in the WSJ as time continues ... :up:

p.s let the add bashing begin lol :lol:

US did not partner. It was a CA ad and they probably approached US and asked if they could use them in the ad. US probably did not get paid anything for this other than free advertising. Which is also very customary for this type of advertising

This is very common for technology companies to use their customers in their advertising. Pick up just about any IT trade journal and you will see references to many companies. I have seen adds with AA, CO, SW, etc.

Simplifying IT management starts on the inside . When US airways and AMERICA WEST joined forces CA was there to ensure a turbulence free integration of the airlines complex IT operations . CA enterprise IT management (EMIT) unified and streamlined their IT systems to reduce costs , improve service and make their business as aerodynamic as their fleet . get the full story and see how CA can help you reach new heights of success at CA.com/success

OMG, this is deceptive advertising. Someone call the Attorneys General in every state that US operates. Should we start listing all the examples????

HA HA HA HA HA HA

And this idiocy brought to you by the person who thinks they are qualified to give econonic advice.

HA HA HA HA HA HA

And this idiocy brought to you by the person who thinks they are qualified to give econonic advice.

i can run rings around you when it comes to the US and world economy ...

the difference between you and i ... or myself and others for that matter, is that i can SEE the us economy ....

i can see the economic model in my minds eye ...i can see all of the chain's and how they affect one another ...one lost job effects many others .. i can see the pain and the suffering of our people ... the fear .....

And i am aware ... so very aware .... my friend , we cannot print our way out of our ills ... by print i of course mean print money ... the treasure presses are not magical , but based on reality .... we as a people and nation are so far in debt , that the only logical outcome for our country will be national bankruptcy ... and that is a thought that is deafening to the mind .

I CANNOT understand how these supposedly educated individuals from wall street can with a straight face come on TV or the paper and purport that we are once again nearing the ' BOTTOM" ...

1 in ten mortgages are now in some sort of trouble or in the initial stages of trouble ...

i wonder what i would have to say to you in order for you to understand ... even people with college degree's do not understand ... it's like talking to walls when i discuss this issue ...

YES the us economy CAN collapse .. just because it's never happened doesn't mean it CAN'T ...

so many people think like that ... just because you've never been crapped on by a pigeon doesn't mean you can't ever be crapped on by a pigeon ..

or here' a simpler way to understand what's happening ... when you read the news or watch TV and they talk about the us economy .... i want you to take the words UNITED STATES and substitute it with some third world country or some Baltic country name .... and you'll soon begin to see the extent of our troubles ... it's all about perspective ...

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Chicken Little rides again........................."The sky is falling"......................"The sky is falling"..................."The sky is falling"...................................HA HA HA what a maroon.

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Chicken Little rides again........................."The sky is falling"......................"The sky is falling"..................."The sky is falling"...................................HA HA HA what a maroon.

here's a special message from me to you ... remember it , because i'll most likely forget ....

credit card default crisis .... that's my prediction for 2009 ...

:lol: it's coming ..... :eek: oh and in advance , on that sole issue alone , i want to say now ... i told you so ...

i can run rings around you when it comes to the US and world economy ...

the difference between you and i ... or myself and others for that matter, is that i can SEE the us economy ....

i can see the economic model in my minds eye ...i can see all of the chain's and how they affect one another ...one lost job effects many others .. i can see the pain and the suffering of our people ... the fear .....

And i am aware ... so very aware .... my friend , we cannot print our way out of our ills ... by print i of course mean print money ... the treasure presses are not magical , but based on reality .... we as a people and nation are so far in debt , that the only logical outcome for our country will be national bankruptcy ... and that is a thought that is deafening to the mind .

I CANNOT understand how these supposedly educated individuals from wall street can with a straight face come on TV or the paper and purport that we are once again nearing the ' BOTTOM" ...

1 in ten mortgages are now in some sort of trouble or in the initial stages of trouble ...

i wonder what i would have to say to you in order for you to understand ... even people with college degree's do not understand ... it's like talking to walls when i discuss this issue ...

YES the us economy CAN collapse .. just because it's never happened doesn't mean it CAN'T ...

so many people think like that ... just because you've never been crapped on by a pigeon doesn't mean you can't ever be crapped on by a pigeon ..

or here' a simpler way to understand what's happening ... when you read the news or watch TV and they talk about the us economy .... i want you to take the words UNITED STATES and substitute it with some third world country or some Baltic country name .... and you'll soon begin to see the extent of our troubles ... it's all about perspective ...

When it comes to saving the world it helps to be a little chicken

Disney_Chicken_Little.jpg

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!! Tonight is like flame night!! Hahahahahahahaha....I'm so entertained by you morons. By morons, I don't mean all of you. i mean just the moron ones. And Dog Wonder makes me laugh because he smacks of perfectly timed sarcasm.

Shannon,

Don't you see? If we don't all stake out a place under a bridge near a Wendy's soon, the only bridges left will be near McDonalds or Waffle House (try finding a Wall Street Journal in those dumpsters).

If all hope isn't abandoned we will end up like those Baltics in Sweden (hint) and have to buy futons to put under the bridge at IKEA.

<SNIP>
from what i can tell it looks like us airways has partnered with the IT company called CA to take out a half page add in today's WSJ .... our name and symbol are prominently displayed which at first made me think it was purely a US airways add ....
And Konica had print ads in the early 90’s with US.

That didn’t change the fact that we had INOP copiers in the crew rooms.

Latest posts