Us Airways Management

700UW said:
No it is the management.

Lets see, WN and CO are not having any labor-management problems and niether airline laidoff employees due to 9/11.

And I don't see any airline that has decided to make their employees the enemies except US.
[post="189288"][/post]​

How many aircraft fleets have WM or CO parked since 9-11? How were both of those ailines doing before 9-11? Even though it could be easily perceived as such, why does making difficult decisions for survival, be making their employees enemies? If you have to deny your kid as many gifts as you would have given him had you not given back to the company, does that mean you are an enemy to you kid?

Hmmmmm?

funguy2 said:
True, but furloughs, or eliminating open positions, is a valid form of cost reduction, assuming the work gets done by other over-burdened employees (which is probably the case at CCY). Hopefully, it is the "dead wood" leaving, however, at US Airways, I suspect some truly talented people are being lost.
[post="189251"][/post]​
I was a very talented employee who got laid off. But I don't care. Have had one offer already (in 2 weeks) at much more $$$ and a few others coming soon. Not looking back!

Speaking for the maintenance end I have a hard time recalling any upper managment talent who have left the company recently. I can think of numerous lower managment persons who have bailed out in the past 5 years but that was mainly because of the incompetence of their so-called superiors. There have been quite a few mechanic who have left voluntarily for other employment both within and outside the aviation industry. JetBlue for one is very satisfied with the quality of the USAir trained mechanics they have hired.

Is it better to have good management who turns the company around or bad management and fail?

What legacy carrier does not have the same problems as US Airways?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

"Is it better to have good management who turns the company around or bad management and fail?"

I'll take the former. Any idea when they might show up?

Jim

BoeingBoy said:
"Is it better to have good management who turns the company around or bad management and fail?"

I'll take the former. Any idea when they might show up?

Jim
[post="189339"][/post]​

:up: Bingo....another winnaahhh!

USA320Pilot said:
Is it better to have good management who turns the company around or bad management and fail?

What legacy carrier does not have the same problems as US Airways?

Regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="189338"][/post]​

USA320Pilot,

Everytime I think you have run out of ways to purse your lips on to the excutive levels backside...you always find another way or reason.

Yes, We do have a few examples of Legacy Carriers working a plan without completely COLDCOCKING the entire labor force. AA for example has looked within itself to create operational efficiencies and savings....and without asking for 23% of savings from those whom make far less than the Mahogany Row types.

DL is making changes...and Yes they wil lose more with DFW closing as a hub..but their CEO has made sweeping moves regarding his own compensation...and not accepting a salary at all for the remaining days of this calender year. He is also only asking 10% of his employee's Vs. 23% from our band of thieves. ...and the difference in the reaction is earth shattering. DL and family will survive due to being led by example....can you ay that of our execitives in all honesty??????

UA is another exampleall be it's still in CH 11. They were smart enough to ditch a CEO for making public comments about bankruptcy and liquidation...and U is stuck with a COB with no airline acumen...and a love of his own negative words in the press that drives away advanced bookings by the truck load.

Please tell us all how the U Executives stack up against those few examples again?

if the CEO did not show up to wrk tomorrow what would happen ? if all the pilots or all the f/a's or mech's chose not to show up tomorrow what would happen ?

while a gross overstatement i think it shows who is needed immediately .

as far as good/bad or smart/inept management it is said in the investment world invest in businesses that are so simple to run an idiot can run it because eventually one will.

now i'm not at all saying mr lakefield is an idiot, but i'm saying airline operation is a very complex business that being said mr lakefield himself in q&a session when asked why are you here stated he was here at the request of the RSA his number one job was to obtain labor contracts .

until someone comes to RUN this company the problems with this company will continue.

PITMTC said:
How many aircraft fleets have WM or CO parked since 9-11? How were both of those ailines doing before 9-11? Even though it could be easily perceived as such, why does making difficult decisions for survival, be making their employees enemies? If you have to deny your kid as many gifts as you would have given him had you not given back to the company, does that mean you are an enemy to you kid?

Hmmmmm?
[post="189303"][/post]​

CO has parked the DC-10 and is in the process of parking the MD-80s, not sure if they have finished that.

WN is in the process of retiring 737-200s

Prior to 9/11 US was posting profits and Stephen Wolf in front of Congress after 9/11 says Bankruptcy was not in the future for US.

Finally we almost agree on something!!!! :up: I do think its would be better to have good managment who can turn the company around!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately they are currently not employed by USAirways..............

700UW said:
CO has parked the DC-10 and is in the process of parking the MD-80s, not sure if they have finished that.

WN is in the process of retiring 737-200s

Prior to 9/11 US was posting profits and Stephen Wolf in front of Congress after 9/11 says Bankruptcy was not in the future for US.
[post="189352"][/post]​

I don't know about WN, but CO was planning to get rid of the DC-10s and the MD-80s BEFORE 9/11; so, I certainly wouldn't attribute the retirement of those a/c to 9/11.

If some of the upper management lowlifes are bailing out for bigger bucks then don't let the door smack them on the tushy too awful hard as they leave. Wouldn't want to leave a mark on their sweet and tender derrier or anything. Maybe what'll be left will be a little leaner, meaner, heartier, and smarter. And a little more motivated too. It's time we got rid of the oatmeal and milktoast boys and girls who are floating on top. concerned only about the lining in their own pockets. It's time we got an influx of blood and guts from some men and women willing to roll up their sleeves and get down and dirty in the trenches and turn this sick puppy back in to a raging bull. I for one am not willing to give up the fight just yet. I personally have twenty years invested in this airline; and I'm one of the junior guys. I think most of us would like to see this return to profitability. And while I'm on that subject, how do you continue to fill airplanes to capacity, and saturate markets, yet continue to lose money? And all this when this is supposed to be our slow season! So go ahead guys and gals, head for greener pastures; good riddance. I'm tired of the company big wigs saying that the rank and file is unwilling to negotiate with them to return us to profitability. I'm tired of we said this but what we meant was this. I'm tired of the B.S. period! Let's get rid of the fat, get rid of the scum, get rid of the excess, and let's get back to what we all came here to do. Oh, and by the way, last time I checked Mr. Management, we all really do put our pants on the same way, and all our poop really does stink. So get off your high horse; ok?!!