US Airways Now Codesharing With Air One

US Airways has a new codeshare partner: Italian airline Air One, a partner of Lufthansa.

It was announced a few months ago, before the merger, that the two airlines were applying to the DOT to codeshare, and that Air One was now a Dividend Miles partner.

The pre-merger US Airways had a link to the announcement on the front page of usairways.com, and they included a boxed paragraph on the partnership one month in the back pages of Attaché that talked about new service.

Well, on November 30, US and Air One got their DOT approval. And I just noticed US listed Air One as a codeshare partner in the January .pdf timetable just released, so I looked in the online schedules, and yep, we're codesharing with them. You will now be able to connect from US Airways' PHL-FCO flights onto Air One to the Italian cities of Alghero, Catania, Genoa, Lampedusa, Pantelleria, Palermo, Lamezia Terme, Trapani, Turin, Trieste, and Venice. This gives a number of new destinations to US Airways travellers, and allows convenient year-round access to VCE, which US only serves during the summer with its own metal. There will also be codesharing on Air One's Venice-Bari flight during the summer to connect with the PHL-VCE operated by US.

Most of these new codeshare flights and new destinations are bookable NOW!

Note how I said above that the pre-merger US Airways told people about the new service that would be coming. Well, it's here now, though you'd never know it, because the Tempe fools haven't bothered to issue a press release telling anyone about it.

Anyone surprised? Didn't think so.

Ring, if you think they are sitting on their hands your mistaken. I'll bet you my paycheck they are working long hours to pull things together for the merger. Things will slip thru the cracks from time to time...oh well.

Things will slip thru the cracks from time to time...oh well.

Slip thru the cracks? Oh well?

I'll tell you what's slipping through the cracks--the eastern half of this airline. In the 3 1/2 months since the merger, they have not issued ONE single lousy press release about any new service for US/East, when I've posted examples of 6-8 topics that were worth press releases. That must be one huge crack things are slipping through.

I'll tell you what's slipping through the cracks--the eastern half of this airline. In the 3 1/2 months since the merger, they have not issued ONE single lousy press release about any new service for US/East, when I've posted examples of 6-8 topics that were worth press releases. That must be one huge crack things are slipping through.

US/East?

What East?

You mean to tell me there's a whole airline out east?

Why weren't we told?

haven't you heard about the new direction this airlines going?

The lack of a press release notwithstanding, It's good that codeshare markets are being expanded again. There are still a number of good sized Star Alliance markets without US* flights. In Europe, SK and LO cities are instances of these.

CNN Headline News-
"Southwest is adding 5 flights per day to New Orleans..."

That is not news, but they (WN) make it news.
Sounds like WN are the good guys, adding flights to MSY out of the goodness of their hearts...
THAT is marketing.
Tempe???

I thought this was just a Crystal Palace problem? I guess it doesn't matter where bulk of the cash is parked, they'll continue to make the same choices. It'll be that way until Doug Parker is replaced/retired in a few years by someone originating out of the east. He'll play the "we are a team" card, but in his heart the old HP folks are what he cares most about.

I went through 2 mergers so far in my life, not airline related, a smaller one and the AOL/Time Warner mess. Once "your" people out of control, you'll start to be pushed to the side...thats just how it goes. When I was with AOL and we just become a subsidiary, even though we bought Time Warner, you could watch the life get sucked out of the company. AOL wasn't the same as it was before, and Time Warner spent very little promoting it beyond what it needed to...to maintain market share. Even that failed.

I thought this was just a Crystal Palace problem? I guess it doesn't matter where bulk of the cash is parked, they'll continue to make the same choices. It'll be that way until Doug Parker is replaced/retired in a few years by someone originating out of the east. He'll play the "we are a team" card, but in his heart the old HP folks are what he cares most about.
I would bet a bazillion, gazillion dollars that if you asked some of the HP folks......some, but not all, they wouldn't tell you he cares about them most.
I'm one of the old HP folks and I don't see it....for me personally.
Crazy perceptions on both sides.

There is no doubt they think of themselves as a regional carrier still. They don't care about anything East of Tempe--including the VFF.

By the way, I flew Air One to PMO and they provide great service. Are they part of LH? It was a real pain though to get from where US arrived at FCO to where Air One departed at FCO.

There has been much whining out west that DP is spending too much time and paying too much attention to East. Guess he won't make anyone happy.
yeah, well, the boyish looks fade fast...
parker "bit of more than he could chew"...this combined operation transcends his regional sensibilities; years of customer allegiance and expectation are being dissolved by his irresponsible and erroneous belief that all customers want is to arrive on-time, with their baggage. oh, and, with a smile.
happiness is relative...

yeah, well, the boyish looks fade fast...
parker "bit of more than he could chew"...this combined operation transcends his regional sensibilities; years of customer allegiance and expectation are being dissolved by his irresponsible and erroneous belief that all customers want is to arrive on-time, with their baggage. oh, and, with a smile.
happiness is relative...

You are right. Let's give up hope. May God take us all now. Life is just misery and dread punctuated by very brief periods of joy.

Tempe Idiots Don't Bother To Issue Press Release, As Usual

Funny that before the merger it was the Crystal City Idiots Don't bother to.... (fill in blank).

Remember that most of the folks in Tempe now are the same HP folks that folks were ranting and raving over just a short time ago.

Get a life!!!

Tempe Idiots Don't Bother To Issue Press Release, As Usual
Funny that before the merger it was the Crystal City Idiots Don't bother to.... (fill in blank).

Remember that most of the folks in Tempe now are the same HP folks that folks were ranting and raving over just a short time ago.

Get a life!!!

Hey, I was very critical of CCY on plenty of issues. But they at least issued press releases when they initiated new service, and for other reasons as well. And HP knows how to promote their new Hawaii service alright, so you'd think they could issue a press release about the new US service too. But they don't. And it's such a small thing to do, takes basically no money or effort, and yet it yields a great return. That's inexcusable. This requires no grand strategic decisions, just 20 minutes to type out a quick fill-in-the-blanks press release. And I don't expect Parker to be doing it himself, HP has a whole department of professionals whose job it is to do stuff exactly like this. But if they're clearly not getting the job done, then someone needs to be making himself aware of the problem and doing something about it.

And I was never raving about this or any other management, so I suggest you get a clue before telling me to get a life.