Jfk Expansion For Us Airways

PineyBob said:
OK, I agree this is wonderful news on a few levels. Question for the experts (Real & imagined) Are there Star Alliance partners who land in Newark? If so who?

US has gate(s) there and would there be room for expansion or point to point flying.
[post="171638"][/post]​

I believe SAS flies to EWR but not JFK.

Since Jet Blue has purchased approx. 50% of US Airways stock, it appears that OUR new terminal at JFK will be together with Jet BLue.

Iflyem said:
Since Jet Blue has purchased approx. 50% of US Airways stock, it appears that OUR new terminal at JFK will be together with Jet BLue.
[post="171697"][/post]​

somehow missed that little tid bit of info....where did you read that?

Piedmont was in JFK at one time and was handled by BA. However in 1986 Piedmont did a marketing agreement with TWA and bought Empire Airlines and Piedmont operated out of the TWA International Building. Twa had a domestic and the International Building. USAir at that time was located in the British Airways building which was next to the TWA Domestic Building. JFK service was eventually dropped after the merger because the TWA marketing agreement went away. Piedmont tried some morning domestic service from JFK south but never really did much. Most Business travelers preferred LGA. Of course the afternoon and evening flights were packed in and out. There was suppose to be lots of changes to the Airport and I haven't been there in a number of years so I can't speak for the present setup.

When a company owns 5% or more of another company they have to file it with the SEC, so I think someone misheard something.

There are fares for JFK only loaded into SABRE. I pulled WAS/NYC and the list sticks out with JFK only fares. Its only a matter of time before they make it public.

OK, here is the list of Star Partners flying into Newark.
Air Canada
LOT
Lufthanasa
SAS
Singapore
United
USAirways

USAirways HAS four gates in EWR but currently uses only two. We do handle INDY Air on one of those gates, but that could change based on the Companys need.

USAirUnited said:
There are fares for JFK only loaded into SABRE. I pulled WAS/NYC and the list sticks out with JFK only fares. Its only a matter of time before they make it public.
[post="171823"][/post]​

These are probably for UA codeshare flights.

PineyBob said:
OK, I agree this is wonderful news on a few levels. Question for the experts (Real & imagined) Are there Star Alliance partners who land in Newark? If so who?

US has gate(s) there and would there be room for expansion or point to point flying.
[post="171638"][/post]​

Singapore Airlines uses both Newark and JFK.

USA320Pilot said:
The Star Alliance wants the company to begin other JFK domestic operations to feed their international flights.

USA320Pilot
[post="171603"][/post]​

Finally!!!!!

You figured out what US brought to Star and why they were let in.... East coast feed

USAirUnited said:
[post="171823"][/post]​

Can you list a couple of fare bases where this is the case?

whlinder said:
Can you list a couple of fare bases where this is the case?
[post="172034"][/post]​
FQWASNYC«
ORG-WAS DST-NYC TRIP-OUTBOUND CXR-US 23AUG04 USD¶
THE FOLLOWING CARRIERS ALSO PUBLISH FARES WAS-NYC:¶
AA CO DL UA WN ¶
7.5 PERCENT TAXES INCLUDED-USE FT FOR BREAKDOWN-SEE N*/USTAX1¶
SEGMENT TAXES NOT INCLUDED SEE N*/USTAX2¶
PSGR FACILITY CHARGES MAY APPLY-ENTER PXCHELP¶
ALL FEES/SVC CHARGES NOT INCLUDED UNTIL ITINERARY PRICED¶
SURCHARGE FOR PAPER TICKET MAY BE ADDED WHEN ITINERARY PRICED¶
QTE F/B BK FARE EFF EXP TKT AP MIN/MAX RTG¶
1 - SWKD S‡X 85.00 - - - - -/ - 4¶