Jfk Expansion For Us Airways

There have been a couple of postings on another topic about the company being in talks with the Port Authority of NY and NJ concerning the return of US Airways to JFK. While I believe that we should have never left JFK in the mid-90s, Im all for heading back there. My question is this, what terminal at JFK has gate space for new US operations. JFK has to be one of worst airports in the world. I think its now 8 terminals all spread out from one another. I think AA is opening a new terminal or already has. Is the old terminal available? What about that old neat space age terminal TWA used to be in?
JFK will be great for US due to many Star Alliance members using it. Service to CLT,PHL,FLL,PBI,MCO,TPA,RSW,SRQ,SJU,SDQ,SXM and AUA would be great!

TransatlanticFlyGuy said:
There have been a couple of postings on another topic about the company being in talks with the Port Authority of NY and NJ concerning the return of US Airways to JFK. While I believe that we should have never left JFK in the mid-90s, Im all for heading back there. My question is this, what terminal at JFK has gate space for new US operations. JFK has to be one of worst airports in the world. I think its now 8 terminals all spread out from one another. I think AA is opening a new terminal or already has. Is the old terminal available? What about that old neat space age terminal TWA used to be in?
JFK will be great for US due to many Star Alliance members using it. Service to CLT,PHL,FLL,PBI,MCO,TPA,RSW,SRQ,SJU,SDQ,SXM and AUA would be great!
[post="171345"][/post]​

Right now, T-4 (IAB) is the only terminal with legitimate space. Indy Air just began OPS there.

T-1 is Lufthansa/JAL... I just don't see US there
T-2/3 is DL - maxed out terminal during evening peak (5PM-7PM). Would they allow US to operate there at other times of the day?

T-4 best bet

T-5 Closed / future JetBlue

T-6 JetBlue - maxed out

T-7 British/UAL/Amr. West - Interesting because of *partner UA, but this terminal is also pushing capacity

T-8/9 AMR - do you think they will invite US over to play after the FLL announcement?

US was at JFK to feed BA flights. When the BA relationship went South, so did US and its operations there.

Now, with the Star Alliance, it would make the most sense to reinstitute the service and feed their respective partners. As most, if not all, of them are in the Intl. Terminal, it would be nice if US was located in a position that offers easy transit.

PHL said:
US was at JFK to feed BA flights. When the BA relationship went South, so did US and its operations there.

Now, with the Star Alliance, it would make the most sense to reinstitute the service and feed their respective partners. As most, if not all, of them are in the Intl. Terminal, it would be nice if US was located in a position that offers easy transit.
[post="171476"][/post]​

US was in JFK long before the BA deal. PI was also there in the later 70's until 81 or so. After the PI & UR merger, they were back for a few years again. I am not sure if PI was still at JFK at the time of the US merger or not. PI flights were handled by BA at one time on the ramp, I'm not sure about the CS end of it.

Flight Operations is currently working on JFK to Caribbean and Latin America issues.

The Star Alliance wants the company to begin other JFK domestic operations to feed their international flights.

Expect more EMB-CRJ 90-seat news after the new ALPA agreement is ratified.

In addition, expect facility news too.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

wings396 said:
US was in JFK long before the BA deal. PI was also there in the later 70's until 81 or so. After the PI & UR merger, they were back for a few years again. I am not sure if PI was still at JFK at the time of the US merger or not. PI flights were handled by BA at one time on the ramp, I'm not sure about the CS end of it.
[post="171601"][/post]​

USA320Pilot said:
Flight Operations is currently working on JFK to Caribbean and Latin America issues.

The Star Alliance wants the company to begin other JFK domestic operations to feed their international flights.

Best regards, 

[B]So the EMB 195 is coming after all? Pandora's box is now wide open for business! :angry: [/B]

USA320Pilot said:

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="171603"][/post]​
:up: Thanks for this great info. I have an old friend who works for Port Authority and he told me about this awhile ago. I didnt believe him, but he sqore it was true. This is awesum news, in my opinion. Tapping traffic from NYC and area as well as Star Alliance. No offense but beats the hell out of Pittsburgh. Thanks Again

PineyBob said:
OK, I agree this is wonderful news on a few levels. Question for the experts (Real & imagined) Are there Star Alliance partners who land in Newark? If so who?

US has gate(s) there and would there be room for expansion or point to point flying.
[post="171638"][/post]​

At one time, the US operation at EWR was Huge. More point to point flights than you can imagine. EWR was a bigger operation the LGA for quite a while. As we all know, EWR is bones of what it once was. The 9 gates that US once had are gone, and I believe they operate out of only 2 in a different area than before. The EWR operation was handed over to CO in exchange for the new terminal they inherited from EA at LGA. A true shame to have given over 150k passengers a month away for a terminal at LGA.

NAPAUS said:
:up: Thanks for this great info. I have an old friend who works for Port Authority and he told me about this awhile ago. I didnt believe him, but he sqore it was true. This is awesum news, in my opinion. Tapping traffic from NYC and area as well as Star Alliance. No offense but beats the hell out of Pittsburgh. Thanks Again
[post="171626"][/post]​

amen !

USA320Pilot said:

Best regards,

USA320Pilot
[post="171603"][/post]​

would you please be as specific as possible?.....ref the facility news.

thank you
in advance.

Latest posts