US Pilots Labor Thread 3/11-3/18 OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
TIC...TOC...TIC...TOC.......
As usual, all three orders are well worth the time to read. It should be clear to anyone by now that we are going to trial April 28th, and no delay tactics are going to stop that from happening.

They are too busy fueling the propaganda machine to read orders. Too bad for them, April 28th is just around the corner.

yawn.

...wake me up when you all learn some new drivel other than what you all get when you sit in a circle and rub your Wake-lamps....

(que up creepy music and scary lighting...)

Contrary to what our friend tazz has to say, we all "know" what this is about: we just don't give you much of a shot...regardless of how Wake counters' the "lawyering".

I know, I know....you all hang on every word (even out of context, at times)....so carry on.

It was your airlines' management that destroyed your careers by deciding, in the mid-late 80's, to bet the farm on little airplanes, domestic short-haul regional flying, and a hub in PIT.
What? Have you been living in a phone booth?

"domestic short-haul regional flying" Like what SWA has made so much money on? Little airplanes? Like what you fly? 'kay.

yawn.
...wake me up when you all learn some new drivel other than what you all get when you sit in a circle and rub your Wake-lamps....
There are plenty of resorts in thevalley to relax while the trial is going on. Trials tend to be boring and you have to pay attention to details to understand what is going on.

There are plenty of resorts in thevalley to relax while the trial is going on. Trials tend to be boring and you have to pay attention to details to understand what is going on.
Nope, Dinner at Von's....drinks at the Library...body scrub somewhere off of Scottsdale Road.......breakfast at CrackerBarrel on Ray....

I'll just check my messages about your case.

What? Have you been living in a phone booth?

"domestic short-haul regional flying" Like what SWA has made so much money on? Little airplanes? Like what you fly? 'kay.

Well, I guess it's all in the execution, isn't it? Ever hear of CASM?

Best dues money I have EVER spent in my 23 years of union flying. If nothing else, I can show you my finger of faith...and keep you from slurping on my job in front of much more deserving pilots out east.

lick that, pumpkinboy...must go, dates to make in the 480 area code

ta ta.

Best dues money I have EVER spent in my 23 years of union flying. If nothing else, I can show you my finger of faith...and keep you from slurping on my job in front of much more deserving pilots out east.

lick that, pumpkinboy...must go, dates to make in the 480 area code

ta ta.

And we could not have rational discussions with the east prior to arbitration. I wonder why?

Well, I guess it's all in the execution, isn't it? Ever hear of CASM?
Without a revenue number to compare it with, CASM really means very little. In fact, ask yourself why an airline with twice HPs old CASM made more money per SM? From what you said, how can that be?

From your line of thought, I can see why management has such an easy time whipping emotions into a frenzy. Toss out a couple of easily verifiable numbers that do not mean what pilots think and you get them lighting their hair on fire while running up and down an aisle. Must be a hoot for management.

Nope, Dinner at Von's....drinks at the Library...body scrub somewhere off of Scottsdale Road.......breakfast at CrackerBarrel on Ray....

I'll just check my messages about your case.
The next time you visit the Cracker Barrel, may I suggest the Country Boy breakfast. Don't forget to order red eye gravy for your grits and country ham.

Without a revenue number to compare it with, CASM really means very little. In fact, ask yourself why an airline with twice HPs old CASM made more money per SM? From what you said, how can that be?

From your line of thought, I can see why management has such an easy time whipping emotions into a frenzy. Toss out a couple of easily verifiable numbers that do not mean what pilots think and you get them lighting their hair on fire while running up and down an aisle. Must be a hoot for management.

US Air lost almost $5 Billion throughout the 90's into the mid 00's with this strategy. Over time revenues can't come close to covering costs. You can look it up. No emotion, just the facts. The strategy failed. It doesn't work. And it killed the career progression of the pilot group.

US Air lost almost $5 Billion throughout the 90's into the mid 00's with this strategy. Over time revenues can't come close to covering costs.
I am not certain, based on what you wrote, that you understand profit, or, strategy.

First, losing money is not considered a strategy a US corporation might adopt. I think we can agree that making money is the result of corporate strategy and not a strategy itself.

Second, can you explain why, after two reorganizations, US CASM actually increased? What about after the "merger"?

My issue is that, and you are not alone, the use of CASM seems the be all and end all. For instance, ask yourself, if a company loses billions year after year, at what point does one begin to question one's "understanding" when the company continues it's existence without major changes? Would not a rational person call into question one's basic premise about how the company accounts for itself, especially after fifteen years of supposed losses?

Also, I call into question your assertion that the economic losses were the sole reason for a lack of "advancement" of pilots. Most of that was a result of the end of the Vietnam war and the successes of Piedmont and USAir in the 1980's.

US Air lost almost $5 Billion throughout the 90's into the mid 00's with this strategy. Over time revenues can't come close to covering costs. You can look it up. No emotion, just the facts. The strategy failed. It doesn't work. And it killed the career progression of the pilot group.

This is not entirely correct. Just like the current management "losing corporate money" on junk bonds, we had our own version of play money then with over 1 bill stock bought back at the wrong time.

Corporations in general have many ways of making the money situation look however they want it to to suit specific purposes. Airlines even more so as a cash flow business. You have to look at all the vendors, contracts, and board member interests to really see what is going on. Not all of it is above board, even in a publicly traded company. (Enron, AIG, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.