US Pilots' Labor Thread 12/22 to 12/29

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe because I'm simply smart enough to know that, despite the west's gleeful banter, you really can't tell how a judge will rule. I've seen enough cases where one side or the other thought throughout the process that the case was going swimmingly in their favor right up to the very second that the judge read his/her ruling, only to find then that their expectations were smashed up against the rule of law.

I know that sword does indeed cut both ways, so no need to reply with more of the typical "neener, neener, neener."
There was no neener, neener, neener. USAPA has released updates that have all but accepted defeat at the trial court level. They have stated that this case will go to appeal. Thus my comment about finally winning at appeal. So if USAPA wins at appeal then Bradford's expectations are correct the judge would not change them.

My other comment was maybe Bradford and ultimately most of the east pilots have known all along that USAPA and DOH was a long odds gamble at best. So Bradford's expectation was in the end to loss and have Nicolau implemented. Again his expectation are not altered because that is what he expected.

How do you mean that the judge will not change Bradford's expectations? What are his expectations? To win or lose? To get DOH or Nicolau?

You are right about one thing. No one knows how the judge will rule yet. But we are getting a sense of where this trial might end up.

As far as the expectations running up against the rule of law. Would that be like the malicious RICO suit that was thrown out of court for not coming close to breaking the law? Would that be the update stating that the DFR case "has no merit"￾ and would be tossed out of court? But here we are with depositions being taken. Like that running into the rule of law?

Anyone have the cliff notes on the dismissal issued Dec 24th????
The state complaint was dismissed.

The federal complaint still stands as it is the proper venue.

The dismissal means nothing unless you're USAPA and desperately trying to spin anything and everything.

The dismissal means nothing unless you're USAPA and desperately trying to spin anything and everything.

No Kidding. I guess they figure they're membership is to lazy or stupid to actually read the order.

It's typically damning. I would suggest reading it. Of course, the only thing they see is one half of the last page where a state dismissal was granted all the while totally ignoring the fact that the Judge denied their request in the Federal court.

Spin baby spin!!!

Also, anybody else notice that the keystone cops that run this fake union are now demanding info on all those who have donated to Leonidas?

Good Luck with the bullying campaign. It's worked flawlessly so far!

I see the usual suspects are still here blowing hot air everywhere...even to each other. Thats good, you guys keep the energy level up on high, keep going to the shrink, and keep cheerleading to each other about how wonderful that '76 will feel when you slide into it ahead of the guys with 28 years service...

not

Meantime, the games you all have played over the last year or so will resurface in an unflattering light for you in court. It should be a pay-per-view event.

Enjoy your holiday, (be sure to take your Paxil)...see you in Feb.

windfall
One entry found.

Sponsored LinksWindfall at Amazon.com
Low prices on windfall. Qualified orders over $25 ship free
Amazon.com

Main Entry: wind·fall
Pronunciation: \ˈwin(d)-ˌfȯl\
Function: noun
Date: 15th century

1 : an unexpected, unearned, or sudden gain or advantage

Sound familiar?

WOW..I hope all you "HP" guys sent Nic a Christmas card...I mean, for cripes' sake.. how often does one get a lottery ticket for doing nothing?

No (equivalent) years spent on the job

No (equivalent) years spent away from home

No paycuts from a previous payscale

hmmm

Oh well, the legal system will run its' course on this....

act accordingly.

Yep....sure did. And guess who will wind up paying for it...YOU.

( I already did)

Had I not...along with all my 2000+ brothers'..way back when (9/11) you would be out of work today.

A simple "thank you" will suffice.

If we had not done over the years what we have done...your pathetic little west system would be defunct by now....just ask Parker.

Or, don't ask...we don't give a ^#%*. It is what it is.

I have so enjoyed your west "crowing" over your "perceived win..."

Back to church for you all...

The whole world knows the west contract is currently paying more than the East, who, (under LOA 93) has provided the means for you to go to work everyday...

Enjoy it...for now.

Payback time.

Yep...as we all thought

You Westies are too tough for us stupid Easties..your so well informed...so correct....and so justified in your "righteous battle"

February.

Yep...as we all thought

You Westies are too tough for us stupid Easties..your so well informed...so correct....and so justified in your "righteous battle"

February.

on the money : exactly right or accurate

Ex:

V1cut is on the money.

And what happens in February?

windfall
wind·fall
Pronunciation: \ˈwin(d)-ˌfȯl\

windfall

1) Putting a Reserve (East) First Officer ahead of a (West) Block Holding Captain

2) Putting a furloughed (East) pilot ahead of a working (West) pilot

Your twenty years (East) trying and failing to become a Captain means less than their (West) seven years successfully becoming a Captain.

Everyone (except USAPA supporters) can see that.

sen⋅ior⋅i⋅ty   /sinˈyɔrɪti, -ˈyɒr-/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [seen-yawr-i-tee, -yor-]

–noun, plural -ties for 2. 1. the state of being senior; priority of birth; superior age.
2. priority, precedence, or status obtained as the result of a person's length of service, as in a profession, trade, company, or union: First choice of vacation time will be given to employees with seniority.

OOPS! I guess the west forgot to look this one up!
It looks like they should have looked at this before filing all of those lawsuits.
This is all the judge needs.
Case closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.