US Pilots Labor Thread 3/4-3/11-READ THE FIRST POST

Status
Not open for further replies.
Note to Jimbo: there was no leverage.

Megan,

On the slight chance you're right, when is the vote on changing the parts of the East contract that are age dependent? Surely it'll be shortly since USAPA "has no choice."

Jim

"" Q: Why has ALPA been so opposed to this?

BY: In 1959, when the FAA was promulgating the rule, ALPA initiated a lawsuit to stop the FAA from doing it, saying they didn�€™t have the authority to put an age 60 rule into effect. They lost that lawsuit. So the rule went into effect, and ALPA fought it in the courts and before Congress for about 20 years and did not get it changed. Then, in 1980, due to the demographics of the airline industry after deregulation�€â€with more airlines hiring younger pilots�€â€the demographics of the union changed. The young pilots want earlier promotions, which are available if they kick us out of the seat early. ALPA�€™s board of directors then decided to support the age 60 rule rather than fight it any longer.""

alpa is a cameleon and has been for years, yet you expect USAPA to solve this problem when alpa had 50 years to do so. USAPA has been in existence for less than a year and some posters expect them to solve all the problems. One big problem solved is their hinder is off the Us Airways propery, now be patient with the clean up time.

Fighting to Fly

“In the eventâ€￾ a conditional statement made by rational people where an outcome is uncertain. Just who is spreading propaganda?

I completely agree with the first part, as I've said nothing other than any jury trial's a very uncertain issue to ever wager on. This is an uncomfortable, but accurate observation that the west posters seem to have great difficulty accepting, whom, like yourself, feel some strange need to thump chests and pretend to be some otherwise sure thing. As for "Just who is spreading propoganda?"; I think that's fairly obvious, and only time will tell how this'll actually unfold. Anything said/shouted/insisted upon/etc here means zero to how anything will happen...regardless of however much you would like to believe otherwise out west.

As for your: "Care to name another event that has a bigger effect on our careers than this trial"? All I'll offer there is the observation that you've clearly lived a very "sheltered" life to date ;)

Concerning your not needing my sympathy, and instead noting: "I would prefer your acceptance of your obligations"? My reasonable and moral obligations towards brother/sister pilots are to strive to thwart the completely disrespectful, entirely poisonous and narcicisstic greed of your positon, ie: a person with 11 years flown "here" that so eagerly seeks to displace those with over twice your time...and all this entirely for your own selfish benefit. I can assure you that I fully accept my obligations therein.

ie: a person with 11 years flown "here" that seeks to displace those with over twice your time...and all this entirely for your own selfish benefit.

I must have missed something. Did USAPA get the company to extract the "no bump/no flush" provicion from the TA? No one displaces anyone.

However, denying someone their rightful place on the combined seniority list through delaying tactics, and consequently putting them on furlough or forcing them to go through an unnecessary downgrade has been part and parcel of USAPA's blatant disregard of their obligations both moral and legal.

Status
Not open for further replies.