Us Airways To Contract With Mobile Aerospace

Hawk said:
There will be no war. The IAM knows that this is only a minor dispute. We can now look forward to a bright future. The IAM members must decide if they are willing to risk the future of every employee group over 10 aircraft. This is a win-win situation for the entire company.
This is no win-win situation for maintenance! :shock: And YES this is war. We did not start this fight by sending OUR WORK outside the company. Dave and the other lowlife slimeball non-leaders of this company will do more damage to this company with the poor decision to outsource ANY of our work. This will bring no bright future!! :angry They may think on paper they are saving money but it will be lost in employee morale and production FOREVER! ;) The bottom line is this lousy company doesn't want to recall one employee back to the payroll. Its not about facilities or equipment, its a clear cut picture of CORPORATE GREED!! :down: And you are ALL FOOLS if you believe ANYTHING the company says about no jobs being lost. deleted by moderator The recall of a couple of hundred mechanics to perform this work will not put this company out of business. And if the Non-leaders of this company think so, then we don't deserve to keep flying anyway. The lorenzo trained dave and his company of LIARS have just made this very personal! After the major screwing we took during bankruptcy and now this. These deleted by moderator will get theirs one day!!!! :rant: :rant: :rant:

Remember dave, You drew first blood!!

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 116
Just my 4 cents worth.

1. I am amazed at the folks asking why can't the IAM work the Airbii outsource out with the company. Jeez, after two rounds of concessions during BK, you'd think everything HAD been worked out. You'd think, back in the day, the company would have inkled the farmout. Yes, shame on the IAM for leaving 40 years of contract language as is, instead of understanding they were dealing with legless reptiles. More shame on the reptiles.

2. No job loss?!? - bulls**t. I can remember Chiames saying the express language in the concessions wasn't intended to create layoffs. Tell that to the folks in CLE.

3. And obviously, I just love the Chip contingent at ALPA saying the mechs have this coming. Great way to build teamwork. Or do you really think Dave has finished messing with you? Not!

4. Had our own little outsourcing incident lately. Most US freight is contracted out, and according to a few guys who have attended freight training recently, to folks who don't command spoken or written English well. Arrived an innocuous appearing shipment, but an eagle-eyed, mainline, senior ramp rat noticed a discrepancy, and wouldn't you know it, the shipment contained a nice little brew of hazardous chems, power tools (used, hence a no-no, as the tank contains gas vapors), and an empty (used) gas can. Not just a little out of line, but way out of bounds. Natch, the shipment originated in an outsourced station.

Personally, I am prepared for the Samson option, should it come to it. We've given an inch, they've taken a mile. No more inches!!

Atlantic said:
US Air has 279 jets and 3750 pilots. Thats about 13 and a half per plane. That's still high, it should be closer to 12 per a/c.
Southwest has 380 jets and 4150 pilots. Thats about 11 pilots per a/c.
Here is where the numbers really get crazy.
US Air has 5037 IAM's (MTC, cleaners, stores) for those 279 a/c. Thats a ratio of 18 to one.
Southwest has a ratio of 3 to 1 for MTC.
I think our gate agents, ticket counter, res.agents, now, are staffed at probably the same nunbers as Southwest.
US Air f/a's can fly as much as 100 hrs. per month, but they can chose to fly as little as 55 hrs. So I don't know how they stack up against the Southwest f/a's.
As a pilot, my craft has taken the biggest hit of all, in terms of pay check and retirement. And just as many pilots, looking at the other crafts, have been laid off, if not more.
True, the IAM took a hit with ch.11, but not the hit that the rest of us took. Not in numbers, and not in W2's.
I think all the crafts have to take a hard look at the IAM and this 18 to one ratio per a/c before we get behind them.
Without cost reduction in return for heavy checks, I can't see it.
Yes, heavy has allways been done in house.
And back in the day,all flying was done by US Air pilots, and BTV, YUL, LEX,etc, was maned by main line agents, and on and on.
These are different times.
Usair has 5037 IAM's [MTC, cleaners,stores]for those 279 a/c. Thats a ratio of 18 to one. Southwest has a ratio of 3 to 1 for MTC................................................. Hey Atlantic,, Seems you forgot to mention how many Mechanics, Cleaners and Stores personell Southwest has.. I'm sure this is just an oversight....... A numbers man like yourself surely knows this number off the top of your head.. Please post it when you get a chance.....With your ability to [BEND] numbers around to fit your needs at any given time, Siegel & Bronner would gladly find you a cozy little CCY job when you retire from flying..........Also I'm sure they appreciate a good union member such as yourself that thinks it's OK for a company to come in and destroy a mutually agreed contract any time they see fit....KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :down:

You are correct insp89. He warped the numbers language there.

--Our contract clearly provides that we will perform this work whenever and wherever it is performed.

Atlantic said:
US Air has 279 jets and 3750 pilots. Thats about 13 and a half per plane. That's still high, it should be closer to 12 per a/c.
US Air has 5037 IAM's (MTC, cleaners, stores) for those 279 a/c. Thats a ratio of 18 to one.
Thanks for posting the numbers. I don't like what I'm seeing, but thanks anyway...

Hawk said:
There will be no war. The IAM knows that this is only a minor dispute. We can now look forward to a bright future. The IAM members must decide if they are willing to risk the future of every employee group over 10 aircraft. This is a win-win situation for the entire company.
Spoken from one whose job is apparently NOT subject to random drug testing.

;) :shock:

2cents said:
Atlantic said:
Thanks for posting the numbers. I don't like what I'm seeing, but thanks anyway...
2 CENTS,, Please take a close look at "Atlantic's" numbers....He's going to post how many mechanics, cleaners & stores personell Southwest has. [contracted out or not.], when he gets the chance..... ;)

Learned a valuable lesson from Dave and Co. We are finding out what type of people are running this company. Don't believe anything they say.
"The outsourcing will not result in any layoff's", "furloughed mechanics are being recalled to de ice the airplanes" Come April when de ice season is over they will be furloughed again.
How many of the confused mechanics who voted YES for the giveback contract would have done so knowing the Airbus's were going to be outsourced? I think the numbers would have changed a bit. A question for the pilot group on the board, do you think the MEC would have agreed to a concession contract knowing what Dave had in mind for the pension fund? I would think not!
Its time for all the groups to band together and FIGHT the common enemy!!!!!

[/QUOTE]
2 CENTS,, Please take a close look at "Atlantic's" numbers....He's going to post how many mechanics, cleaners & stores personell Southwest has. [contracted out or not.], when he gets the chance..... ;)[/QUOTE]
Hmmmm...I see your point

ClueByFour said:
I wonder if the operational wunderkids in the executive suite have figured out what they might do in the somewhat likely event that the IAM gets the TRO.......
HE HE HE...cluebyfour......hath ye hit thy nail upon thy head???
here we go into US COURT,WESTERN PENNSYLVANIA DISTRICT...
http://www.pawd.uscourts.gov/
lo and behold...ladies and gentlemen...right here in the beautiful city of PITTSBURGH,COUNTY OF ALLEGHENY......an area ravaged by the band of merry pranksters,ie:dave,dave,jerry and neil......and hopefully they will get their just desserts......THE HONORABLE DONETTA W.AMBROSE,CHIEF JUDGE, PRESIDING....
ah ha ha ...hope shes objective....don't think any of U's hoopla regarding the county and its airport obligations will come into effect???god save the queen...

Some curious musngs.....I wonder!!!

When the airbus delivery skd was set some 6 yrs ago everyone knew the
exact dates the acft would have to enter hvy mtc......time driven vs cycle
driven.
To use a "chip" quote..."very informed sources tell me that no monies were
ever allocated to the budet over the last six years to account for purchasing
tooling,manpower,etc. No revisions to the mtc program were needed as the
facility issue was pushed all over the map during the last 3 yrs."
The only conclusion i can come to is that we hire incompetent financial planners
or this outsoucing may have been the brainchild of Mr. Wolf some time ago and
carried out by the ceo that he hired.
The other conclusion i am led to is "intent". Was it the intent of management
to violate the iam contract long ago. It sounds like scrutiny of the past
financial records is in order. Also, if these records indicate a lack of proper
financial accounting as to forward looking expenses did the company mislead
investors.

The only win / win occurs when honesty, integrity, and mutual self respect are
present. It will not happen here. We have 29,000 employees who say NO to
outsourcing vs a BOD that says otherwise.
I can t get the picture out of head that shows Dr. Bonner at the country club,
smoking a cigar, saying "i told you i d bring jobs to alabama".

AP Tech said:
Learned a valuable lesson from Dave and Co. We are finding out what type of people are running this company. Don't believe anything they say.
"The outsourcing will not result in any layoff's", "furloughed mechanics are being recalled to de ice the airplanes" Come April when de ice season is over they will be furloughed again.
How many of the confused mechanics who voted YES for the giveback contract would have done so knowing the Airbus's were going to be outsourced? I think the numbers would have changed a bit. A question for the pilot group on the board, do you think the MEC would have agreed to a concession contract knowing what Dave had in mind for the pension fund? I would think not!
Its time for all the groups to band together and FIGHT the common enemy!!!!!
AP Tech,........... Yes Sir, You're absolutely right.....I've learned the same lesson... The "Lorenzoites" that are running this company "into the ground" have proven themselves untrustworthy and lacking integrity time and time again...Also, you're correct about the "YES" voters....Hopefully these people ALSO learned something.....

US Airways, Inc Posted on: Jan 5 2003, 10:39 PM

Replies: 136
Views: 8,171 PITguy, I apologize for the delay. I haven't been online and just saw your note.

We are not going to outsource heavy maintenance in PIT or elsewhere. We never even proposed it. (Unlike UA which has proposed the outsourcing of heavy maintenance.)

We will pay all furlough pay as provided for in the contract.

We have no further plans to lay off more mechanics beyond what is published. With the new commitment to operate 279 a/c, we will need just about all the mechanics on the property to perform the maintenance we have scheduled, since our fleet plan anticipated retiring some planes that we will now be flying.

Finally, we are not trying to vendor maintenance with either Boeing or Airbus.

Chris Chiames

Would Mr. Chiames, hawk, smokinmirrors, etal care to spin that last sentence?

INVOL