Us Airways To Contract With Mobile Aerospace

----------------------------
PineyBob Posted
on Oct 7 2003, 11:30 AM

These guys may lack people skills or just be very hard nosed, but IMO they have plans B, C, & D locked and loaded. They have demonstrated this particularly in guiding US through the BK process. Never underestimate these guys.
---------------------------

I agree. That is why we must stay united with purpose and resolve.

On the other hand, do we really believe that plans B, C, or D include keeping jobs within the mainline? Personally, I don't think so.

I believe that all of the contigency plans have Dave S. and cronies with a big exit payout. With the banks, GE, and the American Taxpayers being setup to "hold the bag".

And thats the crime of it all. No matter whether we stand up for ourselves or consent to the rape, these guys are going to walk away with millions. My only hope is that if WE, the employees, stand-up and do what's right, maybe someday the law will catch up to these thieves and finally administrate justice.

That is, for those of us who still believe in the archiac concept of justice.

I doubt many have read the September 2003 issue (page 13) of Regional Airline World, cover story titled "JetBlue Continues to Surprise," but the following paragraph is a thought. Remember many believe, including many in the U.S.Congress, that JetBlue is the darling of the airline industry and the airline that is doing everything RIGHT.

Tom Anderson, JetBlue VP of Tech Ops, says, "We do maintenance on the A320 at a variety of places thoughout the system - JFK, BUF, ORF, FLL, OAK, LGB, and IAD. We focus on doing line maintenance and we utilise Air Canada Tech ops to do the heavy maintenance in Winnipeg. Right now we use a rented hangar at JKF, but we've broken ground on our own hangar at JFK. We won't be using it for heavy maintenance, though, because our intent is to outsource the heavy maintenance completely for the foreseeable future."

Just wanted to reinforce the "Labor Friendly" claim by our MIS-Management.

When the A330 cockpit door mods were running against the gov't mandated deadline, CLT Hvy-Mtc personnel arose to the task of cycling all of the A330's thru the mod AHEAD OF SCHEDULE.
The DAY AFTER the last A330 door mod was completed, approx 20 mechs went OUT THE DOOR. Thanks Dave.
Labor friendly my eye....LIAR-friendly is more like it. Union Busting LIARS!!!

CLT HVY-MTC has TWO EMPTY HANGAR BAYS.....CLT LINE MTC also has TWO AVAILABLE BAYS.....yet all you hear about is no facilities to do the work.
The truth is that they do not want to recall anyone they furloughed......and this recall of de-icing mechs is just to take some heat off of what they are ramming us with.

We don't have anyone trained.....outright lie.....yet our very oun mtc instructors will be training the mechs at Mobile Aerospace???? HYPOCRITES!!!!

We had all sorts of Airbus tooling in TPA before it's closure......where did it all go?? Sold it to Mobile Aerospace....could it be??

Siegel takes the employees for suckers since everyone caved into all of his extortionary demands.....Thank You in part to all the confused YES voters. You made your bed and now you might not even get to sleep in it......Oh the irony!!!

E-TRONS OUT.

A/C 700 ferried out from CLT-BFM(Mobile Aerospace) this morning, Dave and his gang are stealing from our mechanic and related!

Who is next?

Pilots?
F/A?
Customer Service?
Reservations?
Ramp?

Hawk Posted: Oct 6 2003, 10:48 PM

QUOTE (Smartest Loser @ Oct 5 2003, 09:30 PM)
As of 22:30 Sunday Night (Oct 5) a fellow worker called me and told me that a Airbus was scheduled for a trip to ALABAMA in the morning.

That is not true. Please stop spreading rumors. QUOTE

--------

I guess hawk IS in the know. Tuesday, not Monday. You were right.

INVOL

Who's next? We all are, in no particular order! :shock:

What's the next step? Does the IAM have to wait for the temporary restraining order? How long does that take to wind it's way to the judge's desks?

Airline Us Airways
Flight Number 9178
Departure City (Airport) Charlotte, NC (CLT)
Departure Time 10/07/2003 08:43 AM
Arrival City (Airport) Mobile, AL (BFM)
Arrival Time 10/07/2003 08:54 AM
Remaining Flight Time 00:00
Aircraft Type Airbus A319
Current Altitude 0 feet
Current Groundspeed 0 mph
Flight Status Arrived

Dear Sisters and Brothers,

Judge Robert Cindr ich of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Pennsylvania today scheduled a hearing for 9:00 AM on October 10, 2003 to hear arguments regarding the our motion for a Temporary Restraining Order (TRO) to prevent US Airways from subcontracting IAM members’ work to Singapore
Technologies Mobile Aerospace Engineering, a foreign-owned firm located in Mobile, AL.

Yesterday, US Airways announced that it would subcontract heavy maintenance on 10 Airbus aircraft, and would have discussions with the Machinists Union regarding heavy maintenance of the remaining 111 Airbus aircraft in its fleet. US Airways cited a grant recently awarded from the Federal Mediation and Conciliation Service (FMCS) on October 3, 2003 as justification for discussing future Airbus work.
US Airways assertion that the Machinists Union has agreed to discussions over subcontracting is deceptive and completely false.

The recently awarded FMCS grant is to set up Labor-Management Committees to address pertinent issues in the hope to foster a more productive working relationship. The grant explicitly prohibits interfering with the collective bargaining process. US Airways is fully aware that they are prohibited by the terms of the grant from using the committee, which has yet to be formed, for collective bargaining matters such as the Airbus dispute. US Airways’ intentionally false statement concerning this issue is yet another example of the disrespect CEO David Siegel and CFO Neal Cohen have for their employees and the communities the airline serves. There are no negotiations scheduled concerning the Airbus subcontracting dispute. The Machinists Union’s position remains that it is a major dispute, and our attorneys will be at Friday’s hearing defending our position, our membership and our collective bargaining agreement. All heavy maintenance work, regardless of aircraft type, falls under the scope of our contract. We are conceding nothing.

Yesterday’s announcement by US Airways proves employees cannot rely on the airline to provide accurate information. We will update the District 141-M web site and issue bulletins throughout this legal process. US Airways, however, may continue issuing fictional announcements intended to deceive their employees and the flying public.

Thank you for your continued support.

Good luck to my brothers and sisters at USAir in the fight for YOUR aircraft.

US Airways will outsource Airbus work
Machinists' union claims right to do labor, seeks temporary restraining order

TED REED. Staff Writer (Charlotte Observer)

US Airways said Monday it will contract out heavy maintenance work on 10 Airbus jets to an Alabama company, triggering a battle with its largest union over whether the move is allowed under its contract.

See Story

Depending on the outcome of the TRO, U may want to pull a few more spares on line in case the airbii run out of time for heavy checks. Would'nt that bring the total ac below 279? Anyone?

The second aircraft will arrive in Mobile on 10/21. The remaining eight Airbus aircraft will take one-week intervals.

The company will begin recalling mechanics to perform the deicing. The IAM members should be appeased with these recalls.

The union agreed to discussions over subcontracting, but your union now publicly denies this agreement. What if your union was not being honest with its members?

What if mgmt was not being honest with it's employees? Would you care to comment on Mr. Chiames posting that I copied and posted not too far back?

INVOL

No peace until Lying Dave Lorenzo is gone.

Hawk- Ever more obvious you are management and have inept moral issues. Greed is ugly.

--When you put your heart and soul into your company and then have it torn out with lies and deceit by thieves is wrong. We the employees, while not rich with cash investors are still major investors in this company. We have given our lives to the franchise and "we are the company". Leave now Dave Lorenzo and take the Witch Doctor with you.