US applying for PHL-China

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down:
This CLT front line agent says NO! Do not give this company anything else. They can't handle what they have now...FOR GODS SAKE...QIK/SHARES can't even reroute misconnected passengers to China and ya'll want to give them a whole flight?!?!?! ARE YOU FREAKING NUTS! Honestly folks. Vote for an airline that will treat that route with the service it diserves.

Remember, we were bought by an investment group, not an airline. They do no care about the quality of this industry....ONLY ABOUT MONEY. Wake up folks. I for one am glad they did not get thier hands on Delta. They would have distroyed it, too.

This US Airways frontline employee has cast his vote for American Airlines. They have the infastructure to support the service. I think its funny that gov of NC gave his support to US when he already gave his nod to AA.

*CURRENT SUPPORTERS FOR AMERICAN AIRLINES BID FOR SERVICE*

Illinois | Alabama | Arkansas | California | Florida | Georgia Indiana | Iowa | Kentucky | Louisiana | Michigan | Missouri Nebraska | New York | North Carolina | Ohio | Oklahoma | Pennsylvania
| South Carolina | Tennessee | Texas | Virginia | Wisconsin

ILLINOIS

Antonio Muñoz, State Senator, 1st District
Louis S. Viverito, State Senator, 11th District
William E. Peterson, State Senator, 26th District
Pamela J. Althoff, State Senator, 32nd District
Todd Sieben, State Senator, 45th District
Larry K. Bomke, State Senator, 50th District
Frank Watson, State Senator, 51st District, Senate Minority Leader

Michael J. Madigan, House of Representatives, Speaker of the House
Tom Cross, House of Representatives, House Republican Leader
Angelo "Skip" Saviano, State Representative, 7th District
Kevin Joyce, State Representative, 35th District
Mark H. Beaubien, State Representative, 52nd District
Randy Ramey, State Representative, 55th District

Jim Ardis, Mayor of Peoria

Central Illinois Regional Airport, Bloomington
CMI Willard Airport, Savoy
Greater Peoria Regional Airport
Quad City International Airport, Moline

Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
The Economic Club of Chicago
Illinois Manufacturers' Association
Chicago Federation of Labor
City Club of Chicago
Quad Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau, Moline

Bradley University, Peoria
Brunswick Corporation, Lake Forest
Chicago Shakespeare Theater
Enterpriz, Chicago
First Midwest Bank, Moline
Kathy Posner, Chicago
Modern Woodmen of America, Rock Island
Hilton Chicago
Moline Dispatch Publishing Co., L.L.C, Moline
Quad Cities Convention & Visitors Bureau, Moline
Sheehan Insurance, East Dubuque, IL

ALABAMA

Mobile Airport Authority

Samuel L. Jones, Mayor of Mobile

ARKANSAS

Steve Womack, Mayor of Rogers

Little Rock National Airport

Bentonville * Bella Vista Chamber of Commerce

Walton Arts Center, Fayetteville

CALIFORNIA

Conexant Systems, Inc.

FLORIDA

Miami International Airport
Tampa International Airport

Florida Chamber of Commerce
The Beacon Council, Miami Dade County
World Trade Center Miami

Delano Hotel, Miami Beach

GEORGIA

Savannah Airport Authority

INDIANA

Evansville-Vanderburgh Airport Authority District
Fort Wayne-Allen County Airport Authority

IOWA

Charles E. Grassley, United States Senator
Tom Harkin, United States Senator

Bruce L. Braley, Member of Congress, 1st District

Dubuque Regional Airport
The Eastern Iowa Airport, Cedar Rapids

Dubuque Area Chamber of Commerce
Scott County Board of Supervisors

American Trust, Dubuque
Aquila, Dubuque
A.Y. McDonald Mfg. Co., Dubuque
Clarke College, Dubuque
Emerald Crown Club, Dubuque
Fidelity Bank & Trust, Dubuque
Five Flags Center, Dubuque
Flexsteel Industries Incorporated, Dubuque
Muscatine Foods Corp, Muscatine
Premier Bank, Dubuque
The Mandolin Inn, Dubuque

KENTUCKY

Blue Grass Airport, Lexington
Louisville Regional Airport Authority

LOUISIANA

Cedric B. Glover, Mayor of Shreveport

Central Louisiana Chamber of Commerce

MICHIGAN

Bishop International Airport Authority, Flint
Sawyer International Airport, Gwinn

Lake Superior Community Partnership, Marquette

MISSOURI

Missouri Department of Economic Development

Francis G. Slay, Mayor of St. Louis

Kansas City International Airport
Lambert-St. Louis International Airport
Springfield-Branson National Airport

Missouri Chamber of Commerce and Industry
St. Louis Regional Chamber & Growth Association

NEBRASKA

Dave Heineman, Governor

NEW YORK

Alliance for Downtown New York, Inc.
Association for a Better New York
Partnership for New York City

NORTH CAROLINA

Michael F. Easley, Governor

Raleigh-Durham Airport Authority

OHIO

Columbus Regional Airport Authority
Toledo Express Airport, Swanton

OKLAHOMA

James M. Inhofe, United States Senator

Brad Henry, Governor
Jari Askins, Lieutenant Governor

State Chamber, Oklahoma Association of Business and Industry

PENNSYLVANIA

Harrisburg International Airport

SOUTH CAROLINA

GSP International Airport, Greenville-Spartanburg

TENNESSEE

Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport Authority
Metropolitan Nashville Airport Authority

Donald R. Mull, Mayor of Alcoa
Bill Purcell, Mayor of Nashville

Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce
Nashville Area Chamber of Commerce

TEXAS

Florence Shapiro, State Senator, 8th District
Chris Harris, State Senator, 9th District
Kim Brimer, State Senator, 10th District
Jane Nelson, State Senator, 12th District

Charlie Geren, House of Representative, Texas Representative
Yvonne Davis, State Representative, 11th District
Helen Giddings, State Representative, 109th District

Norm Archibald, Mayor of Abilene
Tom Leppert, Mayor of Dallas
Mike Moncrief, Mayor of Fort Worth

Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
City of Austin, Aviation Department

Dallas Citizens Council
Fort Worth Chamber of Commerce
Fort Worth Hispanic Chamber of Commerce
Greater Dallas Asian American Chamber of Commerce
Greater Dallas Chamber
North San Antonio Chamber of Commerce

Akin, Gump, Strauss, Hauer & Feld, L.L.P, Dallas
Aguirre Corporation, Dallas
Dean Foods, Dallas
Direct Selling Capital, Inc., Dallas
Jackson Walker, L.L.P, Fort Worth
JCPenney, Plano
Larry North Fitness
Pinnacle, Dallas
Price Waterhouse Coopers
RSF Partners III, L.P., Dallas
Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas
Viceroy Investments, L.L.C.
W.B. Kibler Construction Co., LTD.
Westwood Holdings Group
WillMax Capital, Dallas
Winstead Sechrest & Minnick

VIRGINIA

Norfolk Airport Authority/Norfolk International Airport
Richmond International Airport

WISCONSIN

Austin Straubel International Airport
Dane County Regional Airport

Lifeline Amplification Systems, Platteville

30 days worth of stats don't establish a pattern, if you ask me. USAir's stats may not be as bad in 2007 as they were in June.
Very true - weather can have a dramatic effect on short-term performance numbers...

Here's the internal company numbers for this year followed by the DOT numbers:

Jan 71.8% 71.8%
Feb 60.0% 60.0%
Mar 55.5% 55.5%
Apr 63.2% 63.1%
May 68.0% 67.9%
Jun 61.6%
--------- -----
6mo 64.6% 63.7% 5mo

Jim

I can see it now.... square pillows strapped to our backs and sandals with socks serving "envoy" passengers on their rice mats. :lol:

QUOTE DELETED BY MODERATOR--CLT CS AGENT post--

MOD NOTE-- Quoting long posts, especially those on the same page of the thread, while making no additional comments is a waste of bandwidth.

Please quote only the parts you wish to comment on, and include YOUR comments as well.

Thank you.

The hell of this is, that no matter what steps the company takes to correct the current situation, it will not erase the damage that some of you are doing by supporting competing companies for this international expansion. You're making decisions based on the problems that the whole industry is having and as if they are exclusive to US Airways. I assure you, they are not.

Before you "bite the hand that feeds you", you might give it a little time and see if things turn around.

You never know...

A320 Driver B)

Holy smokes are you freaking serious? TIME? How much more time should we give them before making them walk the plank? This company as a whole is worse today than in BK 1 or 2. Whatever. NO MORE TIME IN MY BOOK. :down:

I woke up around the time breakfast was served. And I use the word “breakfastâ€￾ here in its loosest sense. Apart from the usual beverages, the only thing that US offered was a donut-like sweet that was so dense and so rich that one of them could probably sustain a small army in the Arctic for several days. Easily. Anyway, I was massively unimpressed.
A little Duck Sauce would’ve fixed that.

If this trip report off of airliners.net is any indication, perhaps LCC should reconsider attempting to serve Asia. This sub-standard product simply won't cut it for service to/from the Orient...

LOL, now I'm not saying USs service is superior, but compared to other carriers; Delta777, Deltas service will be inferior as well, AA and UAL will be offering 3 classes of service and new and improved first and business class cabins. We won't mention the foreign carriers, they are way better than all of us. The only thing that will help DAL is they will do this service out of ATL (kind of like US and PHL) and there will be no direct threats of foreign carriers or USA carriers to compete with. So they will choose DAL (even though it is inferior - Think US and PHL China service) for a direct route or a cheaper ticket...... Even though you may have a lie flat or near lie flat seat, I don't believe that DAL will have suites. Whoever gets the service the plane will be full, no matter how they spin it.

Actually, i'd imagine Delta's new business class will rate quite favorably compared to both AMR's and UAL's current business class. UAL's current business class is, how can i say this nicely, poor at best. And AMR's brand new business class has taken a lot of flack, from employees and passengers. Simply go to the American forum and see what has been said. I posted a video of the new AMR business product over there. Looks really nice, just not functional.

Here's a link to UAL's First class product, i would post a link to the business class product as well, but i don't wish to embarrass anybody.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1178...1&tbl=CABIN

Ah screw it, even though i said i wouldn't be mean and show UAL's business class, here goes nothing...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0061...8&tbl=CABIN

EEEWWWWWW...oh the horrors,

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0061...7&tbl=CABIN

And here's a link to Delta's forthcoming business class product. Sure looks like a "suite" to me.

http://news.delta.com/article_display.cfm?article_id=10405

If you've seen Air Canada's new business class product, you'd notice Delta's is nearly identical. So here's what it will look like.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1237...8&tbl=CABIN

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1197...9&tbl=CABIN

Me like!!!

Here's AMR's business class product, and notice in the middle, 3 across, me no likey...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0775...4&tbl=CABIN

But wait, there's more...

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0157...3&tbl=CABIN

Not exactly earth-shattering i know. But to be fair, here's AMR's first class product, which is very nice indeed.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0157...2&tbl=CABIN

http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=0157...9&tbl=CABIN

Hey, wait a damn minute, Delta's new Business Class looks eerily similiar to AMR's First Class product.!!! Oh well, as they say, imitation is the ultimate form of flattery. Only thing is, you pay a business class fare on Delta and get First Class service, nice!!!

As for LCC's new business class offerings, it's been said that they will be offering a "nearly-flat" business seat in the near future, but nothing else has really been said. I suppose this is all for naught, as most, if not all the Asian/Middle East carriers already trump the offerings of the U.S. carriers, or so i've been told.

Here is a subject that has not been mentioned but should be a concern for the flight crews that may fly the China route, radiation exposure. One leg based on data from New York to Hong Kong will expose the crew and passengers to approx 63.4 microsieverts which equals to 3.2 chest X-Rays. That equals to almost 200 chest x-rays a year if a crew member flew 3 trips a month for 10 months.

The government recommended maximum radiation exposure is the equivalent of 50 chest x-rays a year. That would mean the crewmembers that fly the China route would be subjected to 4 times the recommended annual radiation exposure just by going to work. This is hazardous duty flying.

Do a google search on "radiation exposure flying north pole". Lots of info on the subject.

Here is a subject that has not been mentioned but should be a concern for the flight crews that may fly the China route, radiation exposure. One leg based on data from New York to Hong Kong will expose the crew and passengers to approx 63.4 microsieverts which equals to 3.2 chest X-Rays. That equals to almost 200 chest x-rays a year if a crew member flew 3 trips a month for 10 months.

The government recommended maximum radiation exposure is the equivalent of 50 chest x-rays a year. That would mean the crewmembers that fly the China route would be subjected to 4 times the recommended annual radiation exposure just by going to work. Can you say hazardous duty, seems like OSHA would address this issue.

Just do a google search on "radiation exposure flying north pole". Lots of info on it.

Here's a link to an article about cosmic radiation and Cathay Pacific. As you mentioned, the google search for radiation exposure brings up a whole heap of articles.

http://www.zonaeuropa.com/20050328_4.htm

Delta777 - you must be so ashamed of yourself for posting misinformation - those business class seats you posted for UAL - no longer exist, ouch - that must hurt!! also - i hate to tell you, but UAL will roll out their new international product this fall... you are referring to way old news in your posts, so old actually, that the product you are referring to hasn't existed in years. - UAL will offer a product that is a suite plus a product that is not a suite but as good as your business/first product, for business... offering a superior product and an equal prduct - plus many many more seats. your flights will offer what? maybe 30 seats in business, and we will offer over 80 business and first.. PLEASE PLEASE get your posts correct before you post... no one likes misinformation... have fun working one of those eight or is it seven 777s your referring too... lol ... your killin me.... :lol:

P.S. Please quit speaking baby talk b/c "me no likey"!!!!

Delta777 - you must be so ashamed of yourself for posting misinformation - those business class seats you posted for UAL - no longer exist, ouch - that must hurt!! also - i hate to tell you, but UAL will roll out their new international product this fall... you are referring to way old news in your posts, so old actually, that the product you are referring to hasn't existed in years. - UAL will offer a product that is a suite plus a product that is not a suite but as good as your business/first product, for business... offering a superior product and an equal prduct - plus many many more seats. your flights will offer what? maybe 30 seats in business, and we will offer over 80 business and first.. PLEASE PLEASE get your posts correct before you post... no one likes misinformation... have fun working one of those eight or is it seven 777s your referring too... lol ... your killin me.... :lol:

P.S. Please quit speaking baby talk b/c "me no likey"!!!!

Oops, please excuse my error. UAL offers 45 or 49 "business" seats in their 777's, along with 10 first class seats. And they're business class is 3 across in the middle, yikes!!! No wonder you offer so many seats. I suppose DAL could cram 10 or more seats if we wanted to do it that way as well. Here's an updated pic of your current business seat, and i use that word "business" loosely,

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1935,00.html

Nothing to write home about, i can assure you.

Why even bother attempting to compare UAL's business seat to Delta's forthcoming business "suite", as you like to call it. A better comparison would be to compare our business to your first class, minus about $3,000 or so, and no middle seat, LOL!!!

Hmmm, i can either pay a business fare with Delta and get this, a fully reclinable, 180-degree suite

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/flights/200...eats-usat_x.htm

Or i can fly the unfriendly skies and get this, a whopping 125-degree reclining, middle-seat...

http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1935,00.html

Decisions, decisions. The choice is yours...choose wisely donttouchthecootie..

Delta777,

Very clever -- trying to compare UA's biz class seats from LAST CENTURY, with DL's PLANNED biz class seats THAT DON'T EVEN EXIST YET.

Nice try.