PHL getting fixed?

Maybe, but thank god I did not skip math class! Otherwise, I would be on here barking about re-hubbin PIT too! :lol:
Nobody even mentioned PIT on this thread....until you, just like every other thread where you bring it up. Whatever beef you have with PIT, well that's your problem, or one of them. Why don't you mention your Kansas idea on this thread and bring it full circle with the rest of your tired comments.

This thread is about PHL baggage. Did you even read the article from a PHL (not PIT) newspaper? And yes you cannot believe 100% of everything you read in a newspaper, no more than you can believe 100% of everything Dougie says. You think he's going to stand up in front of all of his employees and say "Um yeah, ya know PHL really is a stinkhole that's losing money......" Of course not, nor would any other CEO of any company in this predicament.

I'm sure Dougie isn't stupid or he wouldn't be where he is. My guess is that he is going to try to work on PHL, and yes make that point clear to his employees. But I wouldn't doubt he has a back up plan in case plan A doesn't work, and that's what he would not tell everyone. Don't worry, he's not going to risk his income, reputation and everything he's worked for to let PHL ruin it all. He'll go so far and give it his best shot and see if the people, infrastructure and culture work out. If it doesn't, then you'll see some changes.

That SWA idea for staffing PHL gave me a great idea! Whenever a flight leaves a station bound for PHL, set aside a row of seats for the folks who loaded it. They fly to PHL, deplane and offload the luggage. Then head over to a gate where the next outbound to their original station is headed, load it and fly home where they can unload it again!

Self-parking could take care of getting the airplane to the gate. Pushbacks might be problematic....

:lol:

If US is going to be in business in two years, they better fix it or move it, or there will not even be a glorified regional airline left. For better or worse Tempe's future now depends upon PHL.
And how does that differ from what I have said? :lol:

Nobody even mentioned PIT on this thread....until you, just like every other thread where you bring it up. Whatever beef you have with PIT, well that's your problem, or one of them. Why don't you mention your Kansas idea on this thread and bring it full circle with the rest of your tired comments.

This thread is about PHL baggage. Did you even read the article from a PHL (not PIT) newspaper? And yes you cannot believe 100% of everything you read in a newspaper, no more than you can believe 100% of everything Dougie says. You think he's going to stand up in front of all of his employees and say "Um yeah, ya know PHL really is a stinkhole that's losing money......" Of course not, nor would any other CEO of any company in this predicament.

I'm sure Dougie isn't stupid or he wouldn't be where he is. My guess is that he is going to try to work on PHL, and yes make that point clear to his employees. But I wouldn't doubt he has a back up plan in case plan A doesn't work, and that's what he would not tell everyone. Don't worry, he's not going to risk his income, reputation and everything he's worked for to let PHL ruin it all. He'll go so far and give it his best shot and see if the people, infrastructure and culture work out. If it doesn't, then you'll see some changes.
I know, you are touchy because PIT is not what it once was. I understand. I apologize for bringing PIT into this thread.

Are you saying u dont like my Kansas idea? :(

If PHL was losing money and was a useless stinkhole, we would have pulled it down a LOOOOONG time ago, just like we did to PIT because it was losing money. Tired comment? No. SImple? Yes. (Not that PIT was a stinkhole, it just lost money... :lol: )

I certainly do not believe 100% of what Mgmt says, but I believe PHL makes money. I know we have to make it work. Can we? Who knows, but I think we have to.

Well I see the weekend did not result in an increase in your reading skills...... :p

Let's see, I do believe it had something to do with you believing revenue equals profit. It does not.
I know, I know, I am just a dumb stewardess. No arguing that.

PHL is the largest revenue generating hub, correct? That does not contribute to a profit?

I'll try not to be so stupid in the future, you crazy little piedmont-longer.... :unsure:

I know, I know, I am just a dumb stewardess. No arguing that.

PHL is the largest revenue generating hub, correct? That does not contribute to a profit?

I'll try not to be so stupid in the future, you crazy little piedmont-longer.... :unsure:

If PHL produces a ton of revenue, and you spend so much money to deliver lost luggage (read: increased costs), it's entirely possible that it's not profitable.

Without knowing what those numbers are on a station by station basis (and nobody but management does), it's tough to speculate one way or the other with any real degree of accuracy.

Back for more huh? :p

Revenue and bottom line profit are two different animals. I was once told the all in cost of delvering a bag was around $100.00. So how many of those $89 fares that you like complain about does it take to make up that $100.00. Here is a clue, it is not two. I'm not going to take the time to look up the profit margin percentage of US, but let's be generous and say it is 1%. It would then take 111 more tickets to make up the loss on the on bag. That's a total of $9.879 in revenue (or what you would like to charge for a F ticket PHL/ CLT B) ) to to cancel out the cost of one bag. At one point last year the small out stations were spending $25,000 a month on lost bags from PHL. This did not include what PHL was spending to delvier them. How much is PHL spending a day? There is no way PHL is making money for US.
Back for more? Huh? I never left!

Your above post there, now that takes brains. You is smart. Thanks for clearing up the difference between revenue and profit. Oh, and PHL makes $$$. Or we would not have such a major operation.

Again, thanks.

If PHL produces a ton of revenue, and you spend so much money to deliver lost luggage (read: increased costs), it's entirely possible that it's not profitable.

Without knowing what those numbers are on a station by station basis (and nobody but management does), it's tough to speculate one way or the other with any real degree of accuracy.
Ok, so PHL has been a mess for years, agreed? So why are they adding flights? Or, why are they even maintaining the level of flight operations? Afraid to admit they made a mistake? I am out of answers, but one would think we would have ran from that place 5 years ago if the revenue PHL generated was lower than the actual COST, baggage numbers and all... No?

:eek:

Back for more? Huh? I never left!

Your above post there, now that takes brains. You is smart. Thanks for clearing up the difference between revenue and profit. Oh, and PHL makes $$$. Or we would not have such a major operation.
Ok you win. I'll make sure to share your logic with all the investors in the old US, I'm sure it will make them all feel better. I mean they operated all those years didn't they. I mean they must have been making a profit, right? After all they were a huge company with a huge operation weren't they....... B)

Ok you win. I'll make sure to share your logic with all the investors in the old US, I'm sure it will make them all feel better. I mean they operated all those years didn't they. I mean they must have been making a profit, right? After all they were a huge company with a huge operation weren't they....... B)
What ? We did not make a profit for the last 5 years. So? That doesn't mean that PHL was not the largest revenue generator in the system, even when we lost fistfulls of cash on a daily basis. I don't follow your logic. I never said US was "always" and "only" profitable because of PHL, did I?

PHL has the premium traffic and the revenue, whether you want to admit it or not, piedmont.

It's not about winning, it's about how you play the game.... :lol:

What ? We did not make a profit for the last 5 years. So? That doesn't mean that PHL was not the largest revenue generator in the system, even when we lost fistfulls of cash on a daily basis. I don't follow your logic. I never said US was "always" and "only" profitable because of PHL, did I?

PHL has the premium traffic and the revenue, whether you want to admit it or not, piedmont.

It's not about winning, it's about how you play the game.... :lol:
<_< Yawn <_<

I can only hope that he didn't get too settled in the PHL area, if so he may as well start packing up those boxes now. :shock:
The upper management of this company may as well face the truth that PHL will never be fixed, especially if they keep the same mindset that they have so far. ;)

Get ride of steve cohen,maybe itll get better

So pull down PHL, dismantle the transatlantic hub, sell off the widebodies and go back to being a glorified regional?

Yeah, that's a recipe for success.
You not to far off that was pretty much the business plan. Keep international and shuttle and make the rest express

I've got new for you. We offered F/C well before we had a hub in PHL and will with or with out it.
I think your anger management class starts in 5 minutes. :lol: :p
When was this are your taking about pre-merger US/PI

That SWA idea for staffing PHL gave me a great idea! Whenever a flight leaves a station bound for PHL, set aside a row of seats for the folks who loaded it. They fly to PHL, deplane and offload the luggage. Then head over to a gate where the next outbound to their original station is headed, load it and fly home where they can unload it again!

Self-parking could take care of getting the airplane to the gate. Pushbacks might be problematic....
:lol:
Won’t work big part of the problem is express US runs 9 different airlines in/out of PHL under the US banner

Bob:
You say stop bickering about the wage cuts. Much easier said than done as you have no clue what we've been through.
If the company (making millions) would restore pay & benefits you would not believe what would happen.