PHL getting fixed?

Same old story we have heard for the last 15 years, bet none of that 20 million makes it to the employees!!

Hey, I keep waiting for someone to actually provide those AMAZING revenue numbers and then what is left AFTER all the loses from all the BS in PHL. NOBODY HERE and NOBODY in MANAGEMENT can EVER provide it. It's always" its the biggest revenue maker." Yeah? So? Anyone can tell you that. I would like real figures.

As is said, you pay for what you get. B)

it is a beat dempralized group lokk at what we all have gone thru over the course of the last 3 yrs and its a no brainer as to why philthadelphia is the way it is. and mgt wants to impove it---yeah right

Good news!
Grantham has fixed Philly!
He has put out a directive that all bags must be to baggage claim in 20 min.!
Still not enough tugs or beltloaders....Still have people not showing up to off load the flights.....
But he put out a directive with an unrealistic goal.
FIXED!

In the interview this week, chief executive Parker said that the airline was paying "market rate" for labor - and that he didn't think the pay level was a reason for the baggage problems.

"It's a different world now," he said. "We're not going to have a workforce with 20 years of experience on the ramp. Indeed, we shouldn't."

PARKER YOU REALLY DON'T GET IT

AFTER THIS STATEMENT WE ALL SHOULD JUST SLOW DOWN

In the interview this week, chief executive Parker said that the airline was paying "market rate" for labor - and that he didn't think the pay level was a reason for the baggage problems.

"It's a different world now," he said. "We're not going to have a workforce with 20 years of experience on the ramp. Indeed, we shouldn't."

Yup, you get what you pay for! They still do not get that. Incidentally, are any other USAirways stations around the WORLD upset that these people are being enticed to work with Ipods and TV's? :rolleyes: Is that offered at all US hubs/stations? How hokey....

Hey, I keep waiting for someone to actually provide those AMAZING revenue numbers and then what is left AFTER all the loses from all the BS in PHL. NOBODY HERE and NOBODY in MANAGEMENT can EVER provide it. It's always" its the biggest revenue maker." Yeah? So? Anyone can tell you that. I would like real figures.

As is said, you pay for what you get. B)
LCC,

What does this article have to do with the fact that PHL is by far the largest revenue generating hub in our system? Do you think we would have such a large operation at such a poorly operating airport if it did not make money? What are you not getting? Keep hoping that PHL fails, and you can REALLY forget your upgraded F service you are so worked up over! :lol:

Listen to Crew News on the hub and listen to DP talk about how much revenue PHL generates. He only talks about it every 3 minutes. I am not one to believe mgmt and everything they spew, but WHY WHY WHY would he be making this cr@p up? :rolleyes:

Yup, you get what you pay for! They still do not get that. Incidentally, are any other USAirways stations around the WORLD upset that these people are being enticed to work with Ipods and TV's? :rolleyes: Is that offered at all US hubs/stations? How hokey....
LCC,

yeah we mentioned it in our station and managment got ticked off and never answered.....thats the typical response when they do not like what we ask....

Did he mean market rate for Walmart, or for the Airlines?
Why would we want a pesky well trained and dedicated group of employess running around on our Ramps anyway??
Does A/C damage costs into the Millions, along with thousands of missed bags and Pissed-off passengers ring any bells there Doug???
If he actually did make this statement, he should be in
the running for the "Jackass CEO of the year award"
What next, no experience in the cockpit or Mtc. either??

Heard Grantham was given one more chance to fix PHL or he will be out like all the rest, Doug spoke to him when he was in town last week.

Good news!
Grantham has fixed Philly!
He has put out a directive that all bags must be to baggage claim in 20 min.!
Still not enough tugs or beltloaders....Still have people not showing up to off load the flights.....
But he put out a directive with an unrealistic goal.
FIXED!
Just lose an additional couple of thousand bags a day and they can possibly hit that goal.

I am not one to believe mgmt and everything they spew, but WHY WHY WHY would he be making this cr@p up? :rolleyes:
Because he's covering up the fact that he's secretly planning to close PHL and build a new airport somewhere in Kansas for a megahub! :up:

LCC,

What does this article have to do with the fact that PHL is by far the largest revenue generating hub in our system? Do you think we would have such a large operation at such a poorly operating airport if it did not make money? What are you not getting? Keep hoping that PHL fails, and you can REALLY forget your upgraded F service you are so worked up over! :lol:

Listen to Crew News on the hub and listen to DP talk about how much revenue PHL generates. He only talks about it every 3 minutes. I am not one to believe mgmt and everything they spew, but WHY WHY WHY would he be making this cr@p up? :rolleyes:

Geez, aredeeyou22, I asked a simple question...not your unwarranted rage!! And WHERE...please quote it...have I said I wanted PHL to fail?

I've got new for you. We offered F/C well before we had a hub in PHL and will with or with out it.

I think your anger management class starts in 5 minutes. :lol: :p

Heard Grantham was given one more chance to fix PHL or he will be out like all the rest, Doug spoke to him when he was in town last week.
I can only hope that he didn't get too settled in the PHL area, if so he may as well start packing up those boxes now. :shock:
The upper management of this company may as well face the truth that PHL will never be fixed, especially if they keep the same mindset that they have so far. ;)

Latest posts