Us F Vs Ua F--no Comparison

WestCoastGuy said:
It's just the same carry over from the old days of USair. The attitude of take it or leave it. After all these years, they still have no concept of Customer Service. Just count the money and forget the customer.
Amen to that!! Of course, the difference is that nowadays there's no money for them to count. :D

It's sad to say that customer service is lacking in all respects. They have pretty much done away with first class except for seat size, they force people to the kiosks, send customers to never never land when they call (not to mention transfer land), and have done away with comp meals in coach. I somewhat understand the meals in coach especially with them concentrating on lower coach fares in some markets, but I don't understand the take it or leave it approach with the overall product. So many frontline employees are embarrassed with the product they offer. The product I sold three years ago and am selling now are at opposite ends of the spectrum.

I worked for a bank a while ago and at one time they introduced a fee for dealing with a teller. They lost a lot of customers because of such stupid moves. Needless to say, they changed the policy and started concentrating again on good customer service and the smaller business man. As a matter of fact, they recently contacted someone I know (whom they discarded after the afore mentioned FUBAR) and asked him to return to head up the division they abandoned. The bank is doing well and raking in the cash these days. As I always say, if it ain't broke don't fix it.