US Hires more pilots

The Company is having a very difficult time hiring pilots at the "wholly owned" companies, PSA & Piedmont. The Company is interested in a flow through agreement as a means to entice low time pilots to apply to PSA & Piedmont with the "carrot" of having a flow through opportunity to a major airline.

While the Company is waiting for the Nicolau Award issue to be resolved, either through ALPA or USAPA, and then a contract obtained, which is either joint or separate, the Company would like to hire up to 25% of the new pilots from the wholly owned carriers.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

The app is online now. Mins are 1500 turboprop/jet time. 500 hours of fixed wing time. ATP or Written completed.
Unreal... I recall back when I got hired, that the "Ole' AWA" would NOT even send you an app if you had less than 4-5k hours TT, and 2500+ PIC Turbine. Took me years to get an app from this ClustaFk. What was I thinking?

Oh well, it'll all be balanced with the AARP's and the FNG's! :up:
(come on, just having a little fun here!)

Regards,
Chump

P.S. And Richard, I sure hope that CHUMP (my nickname) does not violate the TOS. Would hate to take a trip to the cornfields :unsure:

one group of pilot apps I bet you won't see many of are the folks from the service academy's---ex-Annapolis grad says to me "with the benefits/retirement/pay here now would take a fool to leave service to come here" Sir yes Sir.

Does anyone know how many furloughed pilots accepted recall. With 1500 on the street it didnt take to long to go through the list

Thanks

Yeah, I guess it doesn't matter which seat a pilot is retiring from, it opens up a newhire seat somewhere.

It the bottom East guy on the list hired in 2005(MDA) improves his position, then you are right it doesn't matter which seat the person is retiring from. It doesn't matter what seat they are in if they are senior because the pilots below them improve his/her number by the number that retire. But FYI it's about 70% CO, 30% FO.

Does anyone know how many furloughed pilots accepted recall. With 1500 on the street it didnt take to long to go through the list

Thanks

700 pilots have resinged from the seniority list, having passed on their last chance to return. There are now only 250 furloughed pilots, and they have all recieved the "last chance" certified letter. They must return on Oct 01 or Oct 15. Given the track record, it is likely that more than 100 of them (perhaps as many as 200) will resign.

Interestingly, there would be no need to hire pilots for another year or two if mainline pilots were not chosing to resign.

Interestingly, there would be no need to hire pilots for another year or two if mainline pilots were not chosing to resign.

Interestingly, we might not have had to resign if the J4J pilots were not being held at their respective regionals. At the very least it would have delayed our unfortunate decision.

Ah well. Easy come(?) easy go. Now I can support you as a customer instead. So who do I call to beg for that E190 nonstop from XNA to Boston? <grin>

So what's the tally on the 9/17 class? How many were scheduled? How many showed up? How many will leave before weeks end?
Early intell says 66 showed and 15 left on day one. The 15 were all 50 years of age or older and showed for day one and then retired to apply for PBGC benefits if they desire. The 15 just returned to "fill the square" to officially retire from US.

Am I crazy, but why would we be hiring pilots right now? Don't we need to upgrade more FO's to the left seat to hire for the right seat? Or is this for the PHX base only? :huh:
Just like we need another flight attendant sitting around, right?? But they are hiring anyway.