US Pilots Labor Discussion 3/11- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
All or none. You drop Addington first. Then we drop the RICO.
I'm sure the courts in NC will be glad to know that the RICO case was filed (and refiled after being tossed) as a means of retaliation for the Addington case. Even if they don't care about such a connection the only similarity between the two cases is that, IMO, USAPA is wrong on both and will lose both in colossal fashion. USAPA’s failure to drop both lawsuits and pursue a more prudent course of action will likely cost east pilots more than they have imagined. Keep it up if you like. I trust justice will prevail even in our less-than-perfect, lumbering judicial system.

I love how you turn my support of a person's right to vote into a sparing match over two unrelated lawsuits. Do you actually have any control over USAPA's RICO suit or are you just bloviating?

DOH with big fences in this case.
Come on now Swan, now your posting just to post. There is little to no research in anything you write.

The east MC was instructed to seek straight DOH with NO fences - period. The west did have a fence proposal on the table, but that was rejected by the east.

Why?

Fences work both ways. If you fence the west, you also fence the east from any west growth/attrition. The more junior pilots would have NEVER upgraded had any sort of fence been put in place. They needed the west's attrition/growth to have any chance of seeing the left seat.

So the east's situation is of their own doing. Their greed to capture most, if not all of the new upgrades caused them to disengage from negotiations and bet it all on an arbitrator's decision.

They lost.

And now we have an injunction that completely eliminates any threats to the Nic Award. It's NEVER going away. And with no snapbacks, the situation will become untenable for a majority of east pilots.

The appeal is dead. Had there been any hope for it, a stay would have been granted long ago. It was not.

Now, what else you got?

That's the point. It disregarded ALPA merger policy.

Your statement is reminiscent of: "Other than that, Mrs, Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

It's either ALPA policy, or not. The difference is not a minor detail.
Ah yes, the "everyone was wrong and the east is right" post.

That's the point. It disregarded ALPA merger policy.

Your statement is reminiscent of: "Other than that, Mrs, Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"

It's either ALPA policy, or not. The difference is not a minor detail.

It was ALPA merger policy. ALPA merger policy said that the two parties are free to negotiate their own process. If they can't agree on a mutually derived process, then the written language becomes the controlling process.

Our process differed in two basic ways. We used three arbitrators instead of one and two pilots, and we limited the time available to each side to make their case. Everything else was the same. By the way, the process we agreed to has now, with minor changes, become the default ALPA process.

Just like AWA and AAA, NW and DL were bound to use ALPA merger policy. We did to the letter. We did not use the default process but that is allowable under the policy.

ALPA merger policy has been a moving target. Driven by UAL. AAA had a constant date of hire merger history, including the one where you benefitted greatly, but soon forget in your quest for the gold. DOH with big fences in this case. If ALPA merger policy had been one constant, maybe someone could deal with it. It is not. We stay away from the west, they stay away from the east, for a long time. Then all comes down.

Ask the former Shuttle and Empire pilots about the constant date of hire merger history.

The only great benefit former PSA pilots enjoyed was the pay increase as a result of the USAir merger. At the time, and under ALPA, USAir pilots were well compensated for flying narrowbody jets. In fact, my current pay rate is $5 less than I earned in 1989 for flying the B737.

Relative seniority was pretty even across the board as PSA-PI-US had about the same seniority demographic. My PSA seniority bought the same job I had or could hold at the time of the merger(s).

Ask the former Shuttle and Empire pilots about the constant date of hire merger history.

The only great benefit former PSA pilots enjoyed was the pay increase as a result of the USAir merger. At the time, and under ALPA, USAir pilots were well compensated for flying narrowbody jets. In fact, my current pay rate is $5 less than I earned in 1989 for flying the B737.

Relative seniority was pretty even across the board as PSA-PI-US had about the same seniority demographic. My PSA seniority bought the same job I had or could hold at the time of the merger(s).

As a former Piedmont pilot, there is not one part of the statement above that I agree with. If there was ANYONE in all the mergers that were the "Sweethearts", it would be the former PSA pilots and the seniority they now enjoy on the widebodies.

Driver <_<

Could you honestly ever have found anything more truly "good for a laugh" than the idea that US would ever be "merged" with the likes of AWA?...honestly?

After watching US basically destroy two pretty good airlines, anything was possible. Besides, without the merger with HP US would have almost certainly liquidated, I would have had a forced early retirement, and you might be hoping for a spot in a new hire class at HP...(now that would be "good for a laugh" after all the barbs you've slung)...

Jim

You first. Drop Addington.

Haven,t been here in a while. Same old people with the same old stuff...including me I guess.

Answer me this........to all of you who think Wake will get involved in the actual contract issues such as how when and where OTHER than NIC.
Continental just offerred their pilots the DAL contract plus one dollar. What makes ANY OF YOU WESTIES think Parker will even get close to this and IT HE DOESN'T will YOU still scream...LETS HAVE A VOTE. Please no BS just answer the question......how about you......N4US what pay rate will cause you to vote NO to a contract thus, no to NIC ...how about you 924PS....Calloway.......even you JIM......if you were still here what would your min number be to VOTE NO on a proposed contract. My gut tells me ANY number gets a YES vote out West.

VNIIMN
NPJB

A reminder that posting material from other sources, especially material not intended for the public is a violation of the rules of the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.