US Pilots Labor Discussion 9/9- STAY ON TOPIC AND OBSERVE THE RULES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jim, this is why you are one of the most respected voices around here. You call 'em like you see 'em, even when it doesn't support your personal opinions.

To be frank, that was my personal opinion of Lance (as well as some others on the MEC).

But regardless of what motivates him, I can't help but see some truth in what he writes.

Oh, there is some truth. There is some number of East pilots ready to move on to getting a contract. I don't know if the number is as great as Lance implies, but they're there.

Jim

I gotta share this story with you guys. First class pax on the shuttle to BOS yesterday says to the A that he is an investment banker and had just come from a meeting with Kirby. He was doing an analysis on US for his firm as to the suitability of throwing some money Dougie's and Scooter's way. When the balance sheets and details were discussed, the matter of the separate contracts of the FA's and pilots came up.
Kirby was quoted as saying that the company was completely happy with the situation as it is - separate ops. And that it would be FOOLISH to sign new contracts that would increase the company's expenses by approx. 200 million.
Was he playing to the crowd? Or is this the true colors of management?
Remember Dougie stating in the last crew news that getting a new contract done quickly was the "right thing to do"???
The truth rears it ugly head.

Oh BILLY got it right! MM! BTW, ALPA would have NEVER got a contract, a little refresher, " SEPERATE RATIFICATION"!
Facts not in evidence. Seham keeps trying to tell anyone that will listen that a Nicolau contract will not pass. But until one is tried. We will never know the truth.

You guys voted for LOA 93. Whose to say that you guys would not vote for a $50 an hour raise.

Reactions: 2 people
I gotta share this story with you guys. First class pax on the shuttle to BOS yesterday says to the A that he is an investment banker and had just come from a meeting with Kirby. He was doing an analysis on US for his firm as to the suitability of throwing some money Dougie's and Scooter's way. When the balance sheets and details were discussed, the matter of the separate contracts of the FA's and pilots came up.
Kirby was quoted as saying that the company was completely happy with the situation as it is - separate ops. And that it would be FOOLISH to sign new contracts that would increase the company's expenses by approx. 200 million.
Remember Dougie stating in the last crew news that getting a new contract done quickly was the "right thing to do"???

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?
Simone: Um, he's sick. My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with the girl who saw Ferris pass out at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Boy, with solid facts and sworn testimony like this it must be true.

Maybe you could sign a declaration and give it to the court for the companies law suit. Perhaps the NMB would like it. They would surely release usapa right away for the strike because the company must be delaying.

Reactions: 1 person
So how did he ever get elected? Evidently it was less than 50% of the constituents whose blood boiled.

Unless there was some nefarious conspiracy. Yeah, that's it. Call a special investigation committee! Announce the assessment! Those extoted dues are burning a hole in Cleary's pocket!

"A fool and his money are soon parted (like every 2 weeks)" I think this is printed on the dues checkoff form.

Lance is a boil on the east pilots backs that needs to Lanced.

I edited your post. I think is what you 'meant' to say....

Stephen Bradford. Now here's a guy who SINGLE-HANDEDLY might have been able to keep ALPA on the property. But instead mislead the East to the 'promised' land. Like so many prophets before him, he 'saw the light to salvation'. And like lemmings the herd followed. Only the light was the truth that would prove impossible to conquer.

For those who don't know the history, during the period of the balloting for USAPA, Stephen Bradford promised a contract in 90 days. He and the co-conspirators were, per East Greed, issued a valid warning of leaving ALPA and possible DFR's if they chose to pursue DOH. They used every trick in the book to avoid ever having to face that Arbitrated Award. Had they had the cojones to just face it (they may have survived it given the makeup of the pilots in CLT.) But no, they resisted facing the NIC through nefarious means. Until the East pilots got tired of living under bankruptcy wages, for nothing.

This (along with the other contemporaneous shenanigans) pissed off enough of the east "fence sitters" that USAPA and Mike Cleary were forced to produce a contract that included the NIC. We all voted and the new contract won the election by a margin that made Napoleans head spin. All the pilots got a raise. A well deserved raise that they should have received long ago, if the East had not demanded DOH in the beginning, faced the music of living up to their agreements. Aka Integrity.

What a piece of work! And now they, USAPA, has the gall to weigh in on these matters this way and waste everyone's time.

Original

Lance Svendsen. Now here's a guy who SINGLE-HANDEDLY might have been able to keep ALPA on the property.

For those who don't know the history, during the period of the balloting for USAPA, Lance Svendsen was the CLT F/O LEC rep. He and the captain rep were, per ALPA procedure, issued a valid notification of a recall election to remove them from office. They used every trick in the book to avoid ever having to face that recall. Had they had the cojones to just face it (they may have survived it given the makeup of the pilots in CLT.) But no, they resisted facing a recall through nefarious means.

This (along with the other contemporaneous shenanigans) pissed off enough of the east "fence sitters" that USAPA won the election by a margin that may well have gone the other way had Lance faced the music.

What a piece of work! And now he has the gall to weigh in on these matters this way.

Usapa = Still chasing our tail, with nothing to show.

Reactions: 1 person

Thanks for sharing.

Yes, Ames got it right, I qouted Scott Kirby, and he is right, usapa is incapable of getting a contract for the pilots. The primary reason, their insistence on DOH.

usapa has filed its briefs to the court. They are exactly 25 pages long. They seek to get the Addington plaintiffs dismissed from further proceedings. They accuse the company of collusion with the Addington class. Sorry usapa supporters, but this ain't going to happen. What Seham never told you in his "we can get DOH for a cost neutal contract" sales pitch is that the West holds the trump card. This has been told to usapa from the beginning, first by Freund, then by Harper, then the 9th, now the company, and soon to be the circuit court.

So, round and round we go, where she stops no one knows. But it will not stop with a contract containing DOH, that would just be stopped by an injunction and lead to further litigation. The company knows it, and they will not allow themselves to be enjoined to the litigation and damages of that "unquestionably ripe DFR". From the company's perspective, if that means further delay and prolonging of low wages and not getting sued, all the better.

The bottom line is, as evidenced by the recent letter from LS, and many other east pilots that share his sentiment, there is no tentative agreement coming, no ratified contract in our future, as long as usapa insist on the untenable position of reneging on the binding arbitration that resulted in the Nic.

To sum, and since I have not said it in a while, use anything other than the Nic, get sued, waste money, lose "unquestionably ripe DFR".

The solution..."Stick with Nic".

Reactions: 5 people
BTW, usapa's reasoning behind why the company and AOL are in collusion against them??

Because the company filed its request for declaratory judgement in the district court of Arizona, where they had a resonable expectation that it might be heard by the same judge in the Addington trial.

Nevermind the fact that the corporate headquarters are in Arizona, that the company lawyers are in Arizona and LA, that all the misquotes that usapa uses in their brief are from the 9th circuit (under which authority the Arizona district resides), that the largest pilot domicile is in Arizona (although usapa president Cleary has written in an e-mail his belief that it would be foolish to have usapa HQ in Arizona, because the pilots he represents do not live there and he believes the corporate HQ will not be there long).

No usapa states the company should have filed in DC. Why?? Because it is the home of the NMB.

Share it with the SEC (SARBOX).
Sheesh! All I'm trying to tell you FLAME BAIT DELETED BY MODERATOR is that your boys in Tempe are full of hot air! How do you know they are lyin'?
Yep, you got it - watch their lips move..
Watch the bobbleheads in PHX as they are mezmerized by Dougie and Scooter during the crew news vids. Ha! Yah, old doug'll take care of you,
'cause he's your bud...
Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.