US Pilots Thread 11/24-12/1-Discuss Pilot Labor Issues Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
And time will tell. A LOT of time and a lot of money. With over $600K coming in now per month, another $3M with back dues, $900K/month when all the west deadbeats are paying. sounds like usapas got the funds to ride this one through the appeals process.

You are going to need that cash when the Cactus 18 files their countersuit and if Judge Wake rules in the West's favor. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the game. Much as I enjoyed Penn State geting nailed by Iowa.

You are going to need that cash when the Cactus 18 files their countersuit and if Judge Wake rules in the West's favor. I'm going to sit back and enjoy the game. Much as I enjoyed Penn State geting nailed by Iowa.

Oh, yeah. The inevitable football analogy. "Win one for the Gipper," and all that crap.

I guess they mean business now. Time to just cave in and accept the Nic, guys. They're invoking football.

Oh, yeah. The inevitable football analogy. "Win one for the Gipper," and all that crap.
I guess they mean business now. Time to just cave in and accept the Nic, guys. They're invoking football.
It is like you guys throwing referee Nic out after the game somehow changes the final score. As far as fooball, I prefer the SEC and Big 12 (south). Big 10, not so much.

The bad blood between the east and west pilots is getting worse by the hour. One has to wonder when and where the company is going to step in here? Afterall, while seniority is a union function the aircraft belong to US Airways. Simply put, regardless of outcome, there is no way in hell that east and west pilots will ever be able to work together. The company knows this and I would bet money that they will find a legal way to keep these groups separate. They'd be foolish not to. Pilots on both sides are so pissed off many are wishing to take the company down if their side doesn't win.

Later,
Eye

At this point I think you could make a valid argument that east & west in the same cockpit is an unsafe operation and I think many pilots feel they'd be violating FAR's to operate such a flight.

As a west pilot I think we'll probably win many court battles but I'm doubtful of ever receiving any tangible award out of the thing. I think there's a lot of ill-advised optimism out here.

And time will tell. A LOT of time and a lot of money. With over $600K coming in now per month, another $3M with back dues, $900K/month when all the west deadbeats are paying. sounds like usapas got the funds to ride this one through the appeals process.

1. there are no "back dues". USAPA, by their own admission, (changing constitution) didn't make membership available to the West until a few weeks ago.

2. All the money in the world isn't going to "buy" USAPA their dream do-over that they've promised. DOH is dead and gone. The only legal, defensible seniority list was delivered by the Arbitraitior you guys insisted upon. George Nicalau.

When this case is won, you'll see a mass joining. That's all part of the strategy to keep you guys locked down. Some Union you've got yourself! Keep paying those dues and by all means, stay in Good Standing and keep your address current with the "union". They need to know where to collect the massive assesments that are coming down the pike to pay all the West pilots you guys and your fake union have financially damaged.

Voted against every concession - did you do as much?

Of course I voted no, but only because it wasn't possible to vote H**L NO!

I also voted against the previous LOAs (don't remember the numbers) which gave up lots of things in return for what amounted to nothing, or empty promises (like the promised "commuter policy," and the crew access doors at all the crew bases. As I recall, we gave up a fair amount of quids for quos which never materialized. (We didn't get the quids back, though.)

I voted against every contractual proposal beginning with, at least, the "parity plus one" fiasco. Of course, since CLT, DCA, LGA and (mostly) BOS never met a concession they didn't like, those concessions took effect.

The only things in recent memory I can remember voting in favor of is the health insurance for furloughees (every time) and USAPA.

Of course, since CLT, DCA, LGA and (mostly) BOS never met a concession they didn't like, those concessions took effect.

Oh no!

Not the tyranny of the majority rearing it's ugly head under the previous CBA?

Bet you wish you were still earning parity plus 1% rates for steaming across the Atlantic Ocean in your well worn B767....

They need to know where to collect the massive assesments that are coming down the pike to pay all the West pilots you guys and your fake union have financially damaged.

Oh poor you, you are so "damaged." Spare the sob story or shall we call it (deleted by moderator) story. Call the Nicolau what it really is-- a windfall. You guys know it, you know it's wrong, but you've chosen to look the other way and deluded yourselves into thinking 3200 would allow you to walk all over them. Doogie and Kirby have said as much. When push comes to shove they will keep everyone separate and, heck, isn't that what you guys wanted in the first place? Didn't want anyone else to take your flying jobs, but dayum you are sure willing to take someone elses. What neat people you westies are?

Later,
Eye

The only things in recent memory I can remember voting in favor of is the health insurance for furloughees (every time) and USAPA.
We're mostly in agreement on previous concessions - the last thing I voted yes on (other than health coverage for furloughees) was before the US/PI merger.

Jim

Oh poor you, you are so "damaged." Spare the sob story or shall we call it an (deleted) story. Call the Nicolau what it really is-- a windfall. You guys know it, you know it's wrong, but you've chosen to look the other way and deluded yourselves into thinking 3200 would allow you to walk all over them. Doogie and Kirby have said as much. When push comes to shove they will keep everyone separate and, heck, isn't that what you guys wanted in the first place? Didn't want anyone else to take your flying jobs, but dayum you are sure willing to take someone elses. What neat people you westies are?

Later,
Eye

The DFR suit is about LOS with the useless C&Rs. Should USAPA be successful in accomplishing this land grab, great harm will occur to the west pilots.

The windfall is in reseting the clock and moving furloughed pilots senior to lineholding captains. The Nicolau award merely freezes the status quo at PID, you could bid and hold the same seat, base and line the day after the award as one could on the day before.

LOS is a windfall and that is wrong.

On the scale of fair to unfair the Nicolau award is miles closer to fair than the east's LOS with laughable restrictions is.

Oh poor you, you are so "damaged." Spare the sob story or shall we call it an (deleted) story. Call the Nicolau what it really is-- a windfall. You guys know it, you know it's wrong, but you've chosen to look the other way and deluded yourselves into thinking 3200 would allow you to walk all over them. Doogie and Kirby have said as much. When push comes to shove they will keep everyone separate and, heck, isn't that what you guys wanted in the first place? Didn't want anyone else to take your flying jobs, but dayum you are sure willing to take someone elses. What neat people you westies are?

Later,
Eye

Okay, as you wish.. the Nic was a windfall, a windfall for the east. It gave the east the top 500+ and did not provide an effective furlough buffer for the West,( i.e. there should have been more east junior to Odell). The West is not willing to take someone elses flying job, but you are deluding yourself if you think the West will allow USAPA and the east to be successful in their attempt to steal West jobs and seniority.

Okay, as you wish.. the Nic was a windfall, a windfall for the east.

Quote from the latest america west pilot newsletter.

" "While Leonidas has been busy advocating for the West against a union whose sole purpose is to take from us that which belongs to us, namely our seniority." "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts