US Tanks in SmarterTravel.com Reader’s Choice Awards

Well, some people out there like us, my last 3 day trip was full everyday. (And no complaints that I heard)

And what makes you think that a full plane means that it is full of people who like US Airways?

Last we I had no choice but to fly on US - not because I chose too but because the fare was less than half of what the competition (United & Continental) was charging. I certainly didn't fly on US because I like the airline - and in fact avoid it whenever there is a reasonable way to do.

And what makes you think that a full plane means that it is full of people who like US Airways?

Last we I had no choice but to fly on US - not because I chose too but because the fare was less than half of what the competition (United & Continental) was charging. I certainly didn't fly on US because I like the airline - and in fact avoid it whenever there is a reasonable way to do.

Which solidifies the mantra from Tempe that people shop for airline tickets by 1. price and 2. schedule.

A bit off topic, but apparently DL recently announced a "Choice Seats" program? Apparently, the choice seats will be free for elite members, just as they are on US.

The nickel and diming continues; it appears Tempe just beat 'em to the punch....

A bit off topic, but apparently DL recently announced a "Choice Seats" program? Apparently, the choice seats will be free for elite members, just as they are on US.

I haven't heard about this yet, so I suspect that it's pretty recent. My guess is that DL is trying to standardize with NW. They just started reciprocal upgrades. I can only imagine that as the merger gets closer they will standardize even more aspects of their service. (Hopefully this will not involve ripping out IFE equipment, as NW has no domestic IFE.)

I'm not so sure what this survey really means. A gander at the web site shows a list of categories with so-called winners and losers.

• Does any one notice that ATL makes both the favorite airport and least favorite airport list? Furthermore, is LAS really the top airport in America? <_<
  • Can't find any mention/documentation about the size of the voting samples & how multiple responses are identified and discarded.
  • In short, how do I know that this poll is nothing more than a car advert supported by GM which suggests that GM has the best cars?

I say this because I too have observed a noticable improvement at US . . . a consistent and a sustained improvement which does not exactly square with the survey results posted. And make no mistake about it, I do not trust US management nor do I especially enjoy giving my business to US anymore. I hold my nose when I fly US because at present, it meets my needs and has delivered a modicum of service and product. Is it the best product? Absolutely not! Does it meet my need/requirement? For the time being, yes.

As to the DOT numbers. No surprise that rankings will improve when you finally start to concentrate upon the job/task you have always ignored in the past. This does not quite equate with good service. In order to do that, an airline and it's management must believe in its heart that service and customers do indeed matter. That takes me back to the trust paradigm with Tempe. But hey, let's see if they can keep it up. That's what a product and a market is all about. I'd be happy to see Tempe surpass my doubting expectaions of them as it's a win-win for all of us if they do so. But I'm equally confident that competition will in time, ferret out capable carriers from the wanna be losers.

Barry

Latest posts

Back