US Airways sees benefits of charging for drinks

While I understand what you are saying to me it's the principle of the thing so I don't care if the airport vendors charge $5.00 a bottle I will not buy on board. I do not think it's right. These customers pay US good money for the ticket & drinks should be included.

only SOME pay decent money for the ticket...by decent I mean what the airline should be charging. One way walk to BWI from CTY---189. COme on......one way and walk up?

only SOME pay decent money for the ticket...by decent I mean what the airline should be charging. One way walk to BWI from CTY---189. COme on......one way and walk up?

My company pays Y & B fares. And on top of that US nickles and dimes. And that is why I rarely fly them anymore. If they cut the full fare people some slack it will be another story. I am paying for full service, and getting a la crap, and charged more.

Last THU I had a walk up fare, PVD-CLT-CHS that was priced below cost (about $0.13 per mile) and I was up-graded as a gold. THAT IS THE PROBLEM! The only real competition is DL with RJs. and the ticket was purchased one hour before flight time. How stupid not to at least cover costs.

I had to laugh to myself. Here I am up-graded on a loss leader fare, and on a last minute full fare I don't get up-graded because F is full of people cleared that morning with cheap fares.

As usual Tempe is focusing on the wrong item to solve the profitability issue.

Latest posts