US TR: PVD-BGI March 1, 2008

I can understand the level of frustration over US's FC product. If you are given a choice of airlines offering the same price and a different level of service, you would pick the airline that provides you that higher level of service.

It just seems with the direction of US's product offerings by providing a base level of service eg. removal of valet closets, no glassware, lack of competitive FC meal service and DM changes. I wouldn't be surprised that US goes all coach domestically. :shock:

I do feel bad for you but every East employee has alerted TEMPE of whats wrong with this place, they don't care, they know best, we should strip all the planes and just promise a ride from A to B and nothing more. America West and TEMPE are going to dirve this place back to bankruptcy. We can't do a good job without the tools!!

I can understand the level of frustration over US's FC product. If you are given a choice of airlines offering the same price and a different level of service, you would pick the airline that provides you that higher level of service.

It just seems with the direction of US's product offerings by providing a base level of service eg. removal of valet closets, no glassware, lack of competitive FC meal service and DM changes. I wouldn't be surprised that US goes all coach domestically. :shock:

They may as well. Since US can't meet F expectations, get rid of F and squeeze in more Kettles. Charge for all checked baggage, advance seat assignments and in-flight beverages and then get bought out by Allegiant and re-paint the planes.

The problem with usairways is they are operating as a low-cost carrier, yet they are still offering first class. I realize they make money off of the schleps who pay 2,000 to go first class, but really, it is not first class.

If business people and all people refuse to pay for 1st class, maybe they will beef it up to get the money, or, do away with it all together an have an additional 21 regular seats.

USAIR is a LLC, LOW COST CARRIER that is marketing first class which is a joke.

As far as a pre-departure beverage, In defense of F/A's, I am tired of getting banged, bruised and toes stepped on, pantyhose snagged, just to get your diet coke or gin and tonic when you can have 5 or 6 in the air, then, most people drink 1/4 of it, or 1/2 of it on the ground, and then expect me to wait until we are just about wheels up to take it from them. If you are on my flight you can have as much as you want once we are in the air, and I go through the cabin about 4 times for drinks and twice with the basket, on a 1 hour flight, more so even on longer flights. If you eat and drink and you are happy, then I am happy.
Do you understand how busy we are on the ground?

What the public doesn't realize is, f/a's are very, very, busy boarding, looking for oversize luggage, suspicious persons, helping handicapped, helping people with babies and kids, helping people with mixed up seat assignments, helping people who are not sitting with their children, answering all sorts of questions. Now it is different on the 757 and 330, where you board at a different door than the first class door.

I am sorry for your experience, but please understand about the LLC and how busy F/A's are at boarding time.

You are no busier than F/As on other airlines narrow bodies.

Friday night I received a pre-departure drink on a DC-9, and it only had TWO F/As (87 Pass)

So it is where the priorities are of the airline and crew. Heck, when I was still flying US I received a predeparture drink on the EMB-190 and that only had o F/As as well. It can be done.

I totaly understand the situation when you board late, but many times on late boardings I did receive a pre-departure drink.

Often there were many F/As that "hid" after one drink service on a one-hor fight.

Ganesha I hear what your saying but we are not that busy most of the time. Yes we are doing all that you mentioned but I can do at least three of those things at the same time. I have seen f/a's (MANY) not have time to do a pre departure beverage yet open up their Eat at Joes container and eat. It's embarrassing. I don't hold up lines to hang coats or do drinks but it's not that hard to have some iced cups ready and toss a few drinks out. The whole pay cut thing I hear f/a's talk about (not meaning you ganesha) is total BS. F/a's that don't do a pre departure beverage when there is PLENTY of time during an on time boarding process only make themselves look bad. Forget about what "the company" does to look bad. Don't make yourself look bad. That carries out in f/a's way beyond not doing a pre departure beverage.

Ganesha, I see tempe working like this...customers won't pay for FC therefore we will get rid of FC. if they do, I can't to see how they spin getting rid of what they tout as the most precious and valuable feature of the DM program...the upgrade to worst class, I mean first class.

As for FA'a being busy, that is true, but you should go on a CO flight where EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE gets offered a pre-departure beverage--even if your the last one to board and the flight is about to push back--or, if a seat is available and someone is moved up to first from the back. So, it is doable. I am sure there are exceptions. I could tell you examples of where on US FA's stood in the galley drinking coffee and earing snacks but were too busy for pre-departure service.

Okay, so, in response to my e-mail yesterday, a "Sharon Baker" left a message on my cell phone....said to call her at 1-877-369-6512.

I did that and got this message:

"Thank you for calling US Airways Customer Service. Due to an unusually high call volume (unusually???) we are unable to answer your call. For better service, we suggest logging into US Airways.com and e-mailing US Airways through the customer service link."

And then, it pretty much hangs up on you!!!

LMFAO!!!

This airline is like a Tom & Jerry cartoon!!!! :up:

TOOOOO funny!!!

As for FA'a being busy, that is true, but you should go on a CO flight where EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE gets offered a pre-departure beverage--even if your the last one to board and the flight is about to push back--or, if a seat is available and someone is moved up to first from the back. So, it is doable. I am sure there are exceptions. I could tell you examples of where on US FA's stood in the galley drinking coffee and earing snacks but were too busy for pre-departure service.

US!YFARE, while I agree with you about CO. The same was true with the 'old' US, and that was long after min staffing. To me it is more attitude of the employee. They see the company doesn't care about the employee or the customer, so why should they, therefore they eat or talk in the galley rather than taking care of the customer.

I think it was on UA recently, late boarding, a real rush but the FA came around with ice water for all in first class. Not a full pre-departure drink but something. Just like the 1/2 litre of water they gave out on the 321 when it had 2 seats. It was something extra, and special for the 1st class customer. It is that type of recognition that is missing. No closets, less leg room, etc.

The long and short of it, if the F/A wanted to, pre-departure drink can be done 90% of the time

As difficult as some say we are, when I saw the bottled water at my seat on the 321 I knew I had a flight crew that cared.

We, the flight attendant group, were told not to put anything including water bottles on the seat prior to boarding. The reason being was that in a survey the passengers didn't like their seats cluttered. If a passenger asked for a bottle of water during boarding we were to offer a (party) cup instead. I don't have the memo anymore, but I think it was aimed at the 767 and 330 Envoy class primarily but since all drinks provided by the airline have to be picked up prior to departure that would include the sometimes untouched water bottle. Now we all know what really happened if said bottle was supplied but you get my drift.

We, the flight attendant group, were told not to put anything including water bottles on the seat prior to boarding. The reason being was that in a survey the passengers didn't like their seats cluttered. If a passenger asked for a bottle of water during boarding we were to offer a (party) cup instead.

Back when the bottled water was offered, that was one of my favorite amenities about being upgraded. I would like to know who conducted these surveys and with whom.

Its funny several airlines have bottled water for their customers in 1st. DL is one of them. So they did not partake in that "survey" because it shows they like water at their seats.

I guess DL customers are different, they also like clean planes, and the NEW uniforms their F/As wear.

Who needs that crap when they offer wine made by a beer company (and I'm not talking the champagne of beers) and a ham sandwich that tastes like it expired 3 years ago? You needy customers disgust me. The days of baked onboard cookies, glassware, real meals, and ice cream sundaes are gone--except of course if you fly AA or CO.

Latest posts

Back