US/UA merger or something of that sort

WHO Runs YOUR AIRLINE? The Employee's? Or The CEO & Company? Your Not In charge anymore you Do not Even have any board Member's, on the Bd Of Director's do YOU?
:)

F/A's never had anyone on the BOD as they didn't buy into the ESOP crap.
Only 'union' BOD are represented by the IAM and ALPA.
Also, we were 'never' in charge.

B) UT

Just to Add Another NOTE: The UAL Management, team is Selling out or attempting to sell SFO Maintenance Facility, That Equate's to 5,500 Mechanic's Loosing there JOB's. SO is UAL Doing Good to the Employee's are they a Real Great Airline to Work for?
Are thier ROSE's Smelling so Great,that We should Yearn for the Merger?
Think About IT. :eek:

There is less that 5,500 M&R in the system.
Try again.

B) UT

Tuesday Sept 25 US AIRWAYS will merge to single certificate, and YES many feel something is in the works. So lets stay tuned to see what it is ? Would not surprised me to move to single certificate on Tues and announce another merger on WED. BUT COULD WE PLEASE MOVE AWAY FROM OIK over SHARES...

Tuesday Sept 25 US AIRWAYS will merge to single certificate, and YES many feel something is in the works. So lets stay tuned to see what it is ? Would not surprised me to move to single certificate on Tues and announce another merger on WED. BUT COULD WE PLEASE MOVE AWAY FROM OIK over SHARES...
I don't think anything is going to happen between USAir and anyone until US gets their house in order. Too much chaos and uncertainty to touch that company with a 10 foot pole. Maybe once the pilots resolve their seniority war, then US might have a chance to participate in consolidation. But not before.

Now it is possible that the US pilots will have a TA to vote on very soon. If it passes then there are other possibilities. But don't be surprised if you see NWA and DAL hook up, releasing Continental from the golden share of Northwest, then UA and CO announcing a merger, and US being left to fight their civil war. Just my opinion of course.

believe me as an employee of US a merger of US and UA didnt work the last time with your beloved CEO WOLF i still remember UA folks coming to us and saying BEWARE OF THE SHEEP IN WOLF CLOTHING.. well we did make money and our international inflight won awards and US was voted tops for quality in air service year 2000... our pilots and your pilots... yeah right that would be a happy marriage we have a CEO who is sitting back laughing his ass off and will combine the air certificates and allow the east and west pilots fight among themselves.. some of you UA folks say well we fly to the orient europe etc etc but your service sucks your flight attendants have always hated management and the ground crews are pretty ruly...if you put those comments and combine them with US .. yes then you have a merger.. otherwise DOT will never approve US/UA... but understand that the board of directors call the shots and US in the papers has the Largest profit margin among the other airlines.. including southwest.. its always the buck we all know that.. sad that UA has not been showing a profit of any margin since bankruptcy.. we will see what happens.. maybe Lufthansa and the Star Alliance has some say in all this... where i work we work big time great with our UA partners.. they are great.. and alot of fun to work with

... but understand that the board of directors call the shots and US in the papers has the Largest profit margin among the other airlines.. including southwest.. its always the buck we all know that.. sad that UA has not been showing a profit of any margin since bankruptcy.. we will see what happens.. maybe Lufthansa and the Star Alliance has some say in all this... where i work we work big time great with our UA partners.. they are great.. and alot of fun to work with
[/quote]

UA operating profit margin, which in turn shows you how much the company makes, was 10.3% in 2Q 2007... Better than AA US CO and DAL... They should be doing even better than that, but UAL as well as US and DAL and NWA have competitive edges on our peers, AA CO SWA and JBLU... It shall be interesting in the future.

Am I exceptionally well-written or is everyone else on Usaviation writing at a third grade level?

Excop48,
You may be onto something there....word in the herd is that there will be a shakeup very soon.
a victory or another disaster ? only time will tell ?

Am I exceptionally well-written or is everyone else on Usaviation writing at a third grade level?

Sometimes you have to adjust the writing style and level to the audience.
I focus on the 8th grade level… :p

First off, I think there are some great people at US Airways. With that said a merger with them makes me worried. Their MEC agreed to binding arbitration and is now fighting the decision. From what I've seen they are trying to bully the smaller pilot group(AWA) using threats and intimidation. Their actions show a complete lack of integrity. If they we're one pilot group with the US Airways Union leadership removed I think I would feel less aprehensive.

What makes you think that?

(hint: I'm not flying, so I like all of them off)

The best thing that could happen to the employees of United, in terms of securing their future, would be a merger with CO, whereby CO management takes over control of the combined company.

Granted, any merger would be messy. But a third attempt at US/UA would be disastrous. Too much baggage to overcome. But it would be just like the incompetent senior management team of United to try to force-feed such a disaster down the employees' throats. Their only concern is enriching themselves and cashing out. They have no interest in running UA for the long-term.

The best thing that could happen to the employees of United, in terms of securing their future, would be a merger with CO, whereby CO management takes over control of the combined company.

Granted, any merger would be messy. But a third attempt at US/UA would be disastrous. Too much baggage to overcome. But it would be just like the incompetent senior management team of United to try to force-feed such a disaster down the employees' throats. Their only concern is enriching themselves and cashing out. They have no interest in running UA for the long-term.

Back