USAIR-ization of AA is in full force

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
Today marks six months since the takeover AA (12/9/2013) by the Tempe team and we have already seen a number of unwelcomed changes to the AAdvantage program, airport procedures, reservations and as expected they will be cutting in-flight service.  

http://viewfromthewing.boardingarea.com/2014/06/07/meals-will-disappear-american-first-class-many-flights-starting-september-1/

In-flight meals in FC don't make or break the travel experience but its often nice to have on relatively short flights especially when running to the airport.  While nothing gourmet most of the meals on AA are good for the most part and its a shame to see the service cut particularly after being reassured they would take the best of both carriers and make AA "the best airline in the world".  Not that I believed any of their lies its still disappointing to see this happen.

Josh

Reactions: 3 people
If you think that AA will go by a hard and fast distance standard, think again. There are ALWAYS exceptions--especially on routes where we face competition and fares are the same. For instance, today we serve full meals on DFW-DEN because of the competition. The flight is so short that you practically have to stand in the galley and shout, "Row 6! Incoming!" and throw their drink and tray at them. :lol:

If there is anyone competing on a route, and they serve meals, you can be assured that so will AA. If not, then we deserve to lose the business. You can't charge F/C passengers the same fare as another airline and offer less service/amenities. Those passengers may be crazy, but they're not stupid.

But when push comes to shove, let's remember...(said sotto voce), "It's airplane food."

hey josh,  just so you know  ATL to BWI is a short flight and guess what  they did not serve meals!  so take your ANTI USAIRWAYS elsewhere   It is getting dam old seeing your rhetoric crap    Your hatred of US is very well duly noted

Reactions: 6 people
So what about routes like ORD-DCA/PHL where AA serves meals yet neither UA or US do?  I can't imagine meals getting cut ORD-BOS/NYC as UA serves meals in those markets as well but there are definitely going to be cuts and its unfortunate.  My F/A friend said they are becoming more stingy with wine/liquor provisioning and they have even ran out of red wine on one of my recent transcons.  This new regime better think twice before they start pulling USAIR nonsense on AA passengers.

Josh

robbedagain said:
hey josh,  just so you know  ATL to BWI is a short flight and guess what  they did not serve meals!  so take your ANTI USAIRWAYS elsewhere   It is getting dam old seeing your rhetoric crap    Your hatred of US is very well duly noted

Great, I don't fly that market.  DL serves meals ATL-BOS but not as good as AA.

Josh

Status
Not open for further replies.