VICTORY--IAM

Bob,

It happened when Piedmont and Allegheny merged, the ibt forced an election for the stock clerks and 50%+1 failed to vote and they were decertified and became non-union with no contract.

I have to agree with you Bob 100%, membership apathy is every union's worst problem.

We have not gone anywhere - this status ruling is one of the expected things that everyone knew was coming. Now the cards will go in and there will be an election. When it is over the IAM will go back to thier corner licking thier wounds from the defeat and the revenge of thier membership that is fed up with thier style of nonleadership. And our negociations are still on for this week.

The Teamsters are a joke ,they are the reason that Us Air lost the union in 1993.Instead of taking 40 cities they wanted the whole system and we lost.The teamsters are a thing of the past,just ask anyone from PIT who was with them in the past or the commuter people now who don't have a contract and may lose their jobs.

1,100 out of over 6,000 is not 35% and you never file with just 35%.

And it is N E G O T I A T I O N S, you are on the committee, spell it right.

We have not gone anywhere - this status ruling is one of the expected things that everyone knew was coming. Now the cards will go in and there will be an election. When it is over the IAM will go back to thier corner licking thier wounds from the defeat and the revenge of thier membership that is fed up with thier style of nonleadership. And our negociations are still on for this week.
remember Fred Said.....get back to me in fourteen days when you have to show the cards.... :lol:
fred never lies

Good to hear that the single carrier ruling has come.
Since the Teamsters are determined to fight for the right to represent the combined maint. & related work force, all we can do is vote and hope that furloughed employees do the same.
It will be nice to put this one behind us so we can move on to the next crisis.

linemech
Got to agree with you.

I too hope that everyone gets out and votes.

Has to be an election first.

You all are counting your chickens before the eggs hatch.