VICTORY--IAM

precedence says it didn't work in AMFA's favor....
precedence...just like 'yall said NMB wouldn't rule single carrier.....
uphill battle for IBT with a stacked deck. ;)

this actually stacks the deck further for decertification due to non voting....

they said NEED 2607 cards

35% of 7000 = 2450

with these numbers it ain't 5000 total

I don't think we ever said that they would not rule SCS, it was when they would

When did AMFAget brought into this.

I don't think we ever said that they would not rule SCS, it was when they would

When did AMFAget brought into this.
amfa tried unsuccessfully to have other work groups tossed out to help skew the vote in their favor.didn't work.
teamster sources say the total number represented is around 5000(pgh trib)35% of 5000 = 1750 , but they say the needed is 2607....someones figures are way off.
total submitted to nmb by both carriers is in excess of 7000....sound to me like someones trying an angle that won't go.

It has been stated on here that there are roughly 7000 iam , now according to this article, there are only 3500. i assume that is active. so if we can prove to the nmb that the furloghee's will not be coming back to work will they stil be voting??

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/13861554.htm

and to add this quote from and the article link

"The much-larger IAM represents 6,578 mechanics and maintenance workers at US Airways, including 4,616 on furlough. The Teamsters represent 872 mechanics at America West, all active."

http://pittsburghlive.com/x/tribune-review...s/s_422441.html

if we can get the furloghees out, then that leaves about 3035 combined us east and west, if they are right that we have 2607 cards, then that would give us a victory

Boy you people do a lot of dreaming.
Why would the NMB change the rules for you when there is a chance you become NON-UNION, what a joke.
Look who's in Washington.
Have fun being de-certified!

In the east there are many on layoff, I believe there were close to 3000 utility on the senority roster alone. Their position still exists(50 positions) but the majority have no chance of recall so do people really think they will take the time to vote? I know many who are working in other industries and when you mention the vote all you get is a good laugh. Many feel they were sold down the river by the company and the union and you can guess how they feel, and this is just one group.

Check the seniority list. There are only 1200 on lay-off. The rest are A&Ps or stock clerks.

Hey Dell,

How in the world did Northwest and United manage to successfully replace the IAM with another union ?
they had overwhelming support to achieve 50% + 1.

IBT is trying to dilute the numbers here by tossing out stores and utes which are part of the bargaining unit.
NMB will let them vote.

the pandora's box here will be 50% showing up for a vote.they're in trouble and don't know it. ;)

every furloughee eligible not voting is a no vote.

there are 443 stock and utility votes.how do you think they will vote??

they had overwhelming support to achieve 50% + 1.

IBT is trying to dilute the numbers here by tossing out stores and utes which are part of the bargaining unit.
NMB will let them vote.

the pandora's box here will be 50% showing up for a vote.they're in trouble and don't know it. ;)

every furloughee eligible not voting is a no vote.

there are 443 stock and utility votes.how do you think they will vote??
I'm not as sure as you that the NMB will give the vast majority of the furloughed Utility a vote..

It's evident the company has no intention of bringing these jobs back, since they have replaced most of Utility jobs [except 50] with contract workers..

It seems that none of the fine folks here get it.

It's like telling your kid not to stick his hand in the fire.

Guess they will just have to find out for themselv'es, too bad.

It seems that none of the fine folks here get it.

It's like telling your kid not to stick his hand in the fire.

Guess they will just have to find out for themselv'es, too bad.
Jimmy,

It's pretty clear that people actually do "get it."

The IAM has failed to listen to the membership and has put union concerns over the concerns of the membership..

I'm not as sure as you that the NMB will give the vast majority of the furloughed Utility a vote..

It's evident the company has no intention of bringing these jobs back, since they have replaced most of Utility jobs [except 50] with contract workers..
What do you think, Dell ?

awausairtech,
Have you heard about any kind of timetable for this vote to take place?
From what we were told, the NMB, company and unions have 14 days to verify cards. I would assume that the eligibility determination will be happening at the same time. How long after that will a vote be scheduled....I have no idea.

Latest posts

Back