VOTE YES !

No, I don't think you see.... I think you're ate up with emotion and ego.

Scenario, Our deal gets voted down, the contract gets abrogated, AA/Creditors impose the term sheet.

Now what? We get to negotiate for an other eternity?

Please, Tell us what happens next.

Well? What happens next? Any takers?

But of course if we vote NO, and AA sheds the AO then maybe we can be in a good position 3 years from now when AA will be a much stronger airline wanting to expand, but will need the cooperation of the mechanics that are left. SWA doesn't have that many mechs but yet are the best paid airline mechs. I don't believe in that BS of strength in numbers, that hasn't worked for us yet. Voting no might mean short term pain at least 2 years I think, but in the long run we would be better off.

Voting no wouldn't mean AA shuts down, just that we get the march 22 term sheet and we start negotiations from that. Is this an accurate statement?

Reactions: 1 person
But of course if we vote NO, and AA sheds the AO then maybe we can be in a good position 3 years from now when AA will be a much stronger airline wanting to expand, but will need the cooperation of the mechanics that are left. SWA doesn't have that many mechs but yet are the best paid airline mechs. I don't believe in that BS of strength in numbers, that hasn't worked for us yet. Voting no might mean short term pain at least 2 years I think, but in the long run we would be better off.

Voting no wouldn't mean AA shuts down, just that we get the march 22 term sheet and we start negotiations from that. Is this an accurate statement?

Yeah sort of... If you're ok with taking the livelihoods of the thousands of families associtated with AO. How many mechanics does SW have per plane compared with AA? How many years do you think the negotiations will take to get a new contract? I imagine AA could save even more money if they went with contracted line mechanics too. Don't you? The cool thing about the contracted mechanics is they don't need to call MOC everytime they have a problem, they actually know how to fix the planes.

Yeah sort of... If you're ok with taking the livelihoods of the thousands of families associtated with AO. How many mechanics does SW have per plane compared with AA? How many years do you think the negotiations will take to get a new contract? I imagine AA could save even more money if they went with contracted line mechanics too. Don't you? The cool thing about the contracted mechanics is they don't need to call MOC everytime they have a problem, they actually know how to fix the planes.

Really? I guess you don't actually work the line . Contract mech don't handle anything complex field trips are called all the time to bail them out

Reactions: 1 person

It won't be the union laying anybody off it will be AA. Unions do not make or break jobs, a union acts as a collective to negotiate for pay, benefits and working conditions. As the old saying goes if you don't like it move to Tulsa. Can not tell you how many times i heard that when i was in T town, If you don't like it move to a line station.

As far as contract maint goes, I'm for it, in the small stations, 3 of my last 4 field trips have been to stations with contract maint and the job was to big for them to handle, as far as tire changes, light bulb, and coffee makers go, and even placarding stuff, they're the best.

Reactions: 2 people
It won't be the union laying anybody off it will be AA. Unions do not make or break jobs, a union acts as a collective to negotiate for pay, benefits and working conditions. As the old saying goes if you don't like it move to Tulsa. Can not tell you how many times i heard that when i was in T town, If you don't like it move to a line station.

As far as contract maint goes, I'm for it, in the small stations, 3 of my last 4 field trips have been to stations with contract maint and the job was to big for them to handle, as far as tire changes, light bulb, and coffee makers go, and even placarding stuff, they're the best.
Industrial unions such as the TWU and the Teamsters do make or break jobs. A union who favors their Fleet Service over their mechanics makes those decisions every day.

That reminds me, if we vote this down and we get the term sheet, then we go to negotiations and we don't get a contract until after AA comes out of bankruptcy, at least we should get industry average after AA is not under cover of bankruptcy, as apposed to waiting 6+ years, probably 9 more years, before we get double time for field trips and holidays. full pay for sick pay, I was a yes vote but thanks to strake for setting me straight, with reminding me about field trips.

Reactions: 2 people
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/generic?p0=402&iso=20120808T00&year=2012&month=8&day=8&hour=0&min=0&sec=0&msg=Pack%20your%20tools%20Boys

Yeah, you mean like the contract mechanics at TIMCO? [AA B757's]

Wishful thinking. The company made it clear the disparity and cost disadvanatage is doing all the in house OH...
If contracting out all line operations were the rage, all low cost carriers would contract out line mx as well as OH. Same thing with those legacy carriers who went through BK. They all had one thing in common....THEY SHED MAINLY OH JOBS......