We need a Union of our Own

i agree Bagfather, i was just illustrating yet another firm answer by UW that is not entirely correct.... why has'nt the IAM not resume sec 6 on behalf of the west... they take the dues, they need to represent or move over and let someone who will
I find it bothersome that it is almost always the East siders advocating for the west and section 6, and not the west siders. Something is wrong about that. Still got to be solid with those brothers and sisters there but their continued support to stall section 6 negotiations in the hope of pimping off of a COC award is at best unclear, but most likely in error. In reality, they will eventually have to entertain section 6 negotiations so each day they sit and do nothing is one more day of 'wage pain.'

Separately, since US AIWAYS Fleet has the IAM, I see no reason to stop trying to change the District leadership of it. This avenue may prove successful in the coming months. The IAM structure makes change difficult but not impossible and if leadership change happened then the IAM would be just as good as any union, provided the new leadership wasn't just rotating bald tires.

For those who may continue trying [if there are any] to push the IBEW, I applaud you but the pressure that came on the PHL IBEW Local proved a bit too much from the INTL. I myself have great difficulty seeing or visioning a successful IBEW drive without IBEW support. Not saying I'm right, just hard to vision it.

regards,

"For those who may continue trying [if there are any] to push the IBEW, I applaud you but the pressure that came on the PHL IBEW Local proved a bit too much from the INTL. I myself have great difficulty seeing or visioning a successful IBEW drive without IBEW support. Not saying I'm right, just hard to vision it."

would have to agree with tim on this. IF the IBEW officially wants to jump in. I will raise their flag with pride and hit the pavement

running, but like tim . I need to see commitment from the INTL and doubt it will happen. SO on to plan B . and reorganize from within

Latest posts