Webcast

First, I believe paid moves were yet another thing lost in one the last "gun to the head" contracts. If I'm wrong about this, please advise me otherwise.

Also, I don't believe there's most of the former PSA folks, at least FA's, still commuting. Some moved to CLT, some to PHL, a few to PIT and a handful to other places. Some have since retired or quit.

Many former PSA folks like the Transatlantic or Caribean <sp?> flying. I only know of a few who are interested in going to PHX, and that seems to be a rather half-hearted thought.

Many of us in PHL have commuter pads we're happy with and have made the adjustment. I just don't see a mass exodus to PHX.

I heard a rumor some time ago, there's only about 400 former PSA FA's still flying. If someone has a more accurate number, please post it here.

In keeping with the Corporate Ethics code book, I work as a dishwaher at Hooters, so I'm sure there's more current info out there that I have.

Dea

Yes, the company still pays for a move if you are displaced. There is a certain dollar amount limit, if you exceed that, you are responsible for the difference. (I only know this because I have a friend that is a f/a, she was displaced from PIT and moved to PHL).

I agree, you aren't going to see a huge amount of people make a mad dash for PHX. A few who already commute from there, maybe a few who commute from California. Those senior ladies from PSA love their international, I don't see many of them giving that up. As for the folks in PIT, there are NOT a lot of commuters left in the burgh that commute by airplane, especially from the west coast. Its already been announced there will most likely be some displacements coming up. The last time they displaced from PIT, half of them quit.

Moving across the country for a FA job...now that's rich :stupid:
[/quote
Honey please...most of them would crawl buck naked over broken glass while on fire to get to the airplane to keep their FA job...and then BI#%H about the job and the company for their whole trip. And thats a fact!!!

How did Doogie spin the $537 million dollar loss for Fiscal 05? Did he blame it all on the changes in accounting policies for maintenance?? Or did he side step that and blame fuel?

How this stock trades at 3 times its book per share price, yet has negative equity is beyond me. I still say keep buying those long term puts, you will one day be rewarded.

How did Doogie spin the $537 million dollar loss for Fiscal 05? Did he blame it all on the changes in accounting policies for maintenance?? Or did he side step that and blame fuel?

Listen to the webcast. Maybe you'll get some information instead of making up stuff. <_<

Can anyone educate me on the BOS and DCA bases? What kind of flying do they have?
BOS is an all 319/20/21 base with mainly shuttle and west coast flying from the PHL/CLT/PIT hubs. I believe they do a bunch of the FLL-Caribeban flying as many trips begin and end with a BOS-FLL-BOS leg.
DCA is a 319/20/21 base with shuttle and west coast flying. The 737 is also based there with all that up and down the east coast flying. DCA and IAD are dual bases. Trips can begin and end at either DCA or IAD.

A huge thank you to the abbove mentioned frequent flyers. Don't lose hope- customer opinion does make a difference. US Airways was providing a terrible reservations product, so something was done about it, to the benefit of the airline's employees and the United States in general.

Outsourcing, whether it's reservations (Phillipines), maintenance (Alabama), or flying (Republic now flying mainlines planes) rarely saves enough money (if any) to offeset the cost of lost customers due to poor service. Not to mention the massive, sometimes irreprable blows to employee morale and trust that end up affecting the brand even more. See above mentioned disasters.

The "in-sourcing" of 400 reservations jobs is a huge positive for all and a nice indicator of the new management.

Latest posts

Back