Bits & Pieces

USA320Pilot commented: “US Airways expects more transatlantic expansion into long-thin markets with B757 ETOPS aircraft. In a previous news media interview, Scott Kirby, US Airways’ executive vice president of marketing and sales indicated there will be 2 to 3 European cities added to the route network in both 2007 and 2008. In his webcast Parker indicated US Airways would like to add service from Phoenix to both London and Frankfurt, but the A-330 does not have the range and the company does not have the aircraft to do so (yet).â€￾

Whlinder commented: “(Quote) There are no plans to add hubs or expand to new international destinations. The airline needs to ensure its balance sheet remains strong, Parker said.

Whlinder hyperlinked: Interesting

The USA Today reported today on an interview between Scott Kirby, US Airways’ executive vice president of sales and marketing and Arizona Republic reporter Dawn Gilbertson:

Q: What will next summer bring?

A: Our current plans are to add a couple of new markets again next year from Philadelphia to Europe. (He would not disclose them.)

Q: Why not non-stop service to Europe from your hometown? (British Airways is the only carrier offering non-stop service between Phoenix and Europe, with a daily flight to London.)

A: The problem with non-stop service to Europe for us right now is we don't have any airplanes that can physically fly that far.

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

PineyBob:

With all due respect, my posts are not “highly selective in what you post in order to advance your self serving agenda.†Do I post specific comments to support an argument or to refute other “information†posted in error, like “Project Minnow†and US Airways’ multiple attempts to acquire part or all of United Airlines?

Yes, but I almost always post a hyper link to the article so the reader can view all of the information.

Last night I was tired and I forgot to post the entire article from the USA Today, but here it is:

Click here for the entire USA Today column.

Maybe if you would not have “your ax to grind†and did not have emotional outburst people would listen to you. Nobody likes to discuss issues with disrespectful people “who shoot from the hip.â€

Have an awesome day!

Best regards,

USA320Pilot

Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated.
Like these, Paul.....

It's truly sad that people are forced to misrepresent and be disrespectful ....
....people filled with hate, especially when they refuse to privately identify them self because their afraid to let their identity be known.
....miserable and hateful all the time.
I believe purposeful misrepresentation and trying to "shoot the messenger" are attribute's of those who have no other defense when their desired leader's miserably fail.
I find it interesting that US Airways forum "naysayers" (who I believe are disguntled employees and customers), people like 700UW, ClueByFour, BoeingBoy, Pilot, etc did not post a comment in this topic.
When would now be a good time for those that are bitter and angry to let go of their pain? Life is too short.
It is just to bad that you "cannot fix stupid."
Anger and bitterness by BoeingBoy, Pilot, and people like they support ...
.....bitter angry people instead insult others, stray from the topic and post nonsensical information.

That's the last month - should I go back another month? Or 6 months?

Jim

Like these, Paul.....
That's the last month - should I go back another month? Or 6 months?

Jim
Well done Jim!

I will buy you a beer at your retirement party for that one, since you are only an hour down the road.

Do you still have the post where he says he will not attack or insult anyone?

And Bob, we can agree to disagree, does not mean I do not respect you, you were nothing but cordial when I met you up on your flight that night in CLT.

Jeez USA320 why not debate me? Afrraid of a high school grad? You're so superior surely you could easily dispacth of me?
WHAT ARE YOU AFRAID OF?

When would NOW be a good time to respond bucket mouth.

He constantly uses political drivel to make a point. The MEC reps he supports have to be right, not because of reality but because he supports them. Operating with such a close minded view, the other side has to be wrong lest the entire USA320Pilot universe he has built in his head would come tumbling down. Since he has likely built his self worth and persona around it, that could be mentally catastophic.

You are not an employee, so he can't accuse you of an agenda in a way of trying to discredit you. It scares him.

You are not an employee, so he can't accuse you of an agenda in a way of trying to discredit you. It scares him.

...and he can't get a meaningful response when he sends you a PM asking for your name, e-mail address and badge number.

Whlinder commented:
Actually I didn't comment there, that was simply a quote from the article.

My only comment was that the article was "interesting". You should know what that means, since it is one of your favorite words ("interesting" CT).

Since Parker's statements in the CHI Tribune contradict those of Kirby in the AZ Republic, you would agree with me that one of the following is true:

-The CHI Tribune misquoted Parker.
-The AZ Republic misquoted Kirby.
-Kirby is referring to seasonal European flights out of PHL that will return next summer (maybe that makes them new?).
-Parker and Kirby have different visions for the future of the airline.
-Parker and Kirby aren't communicating very well when it comes to strategy.
-Parker is lying.
-Kirby is lying.

I personally find the contradictory statements "interesting."