Bits & Pieces

700UW:
That Op-Ed column was written during “Bankruptcy Oneâ€￾ when the IAM was not participating in that restructuring even though the pilots, flight attendants, and other employees did. Why? Most people believed it was because of the IAM’s fear of being replaced by AMFA, which contributed to IAM member’s taking even deeper cuts.

The IAM ws holding the Company and the other employees hostage, which many people believed was unfair.

How come you failed to report that? Never mind...I know...
Regards,
USA320Pilot

Wrong again, both IAM negotiating committees were talking with the company, even Siegel said they filed because of the lessors.

Also there were three rounds of concessions, four for you pilots, gee you can't even get that right.

Why do you keep posting lies?

Funny I guess you did not read the article you wrote once again.

Read this again:
In recent days US Airways has made much progress toward ensuring that it will have a future. It has reached tentative contract restructuring agreements with its pilots, flight attendants and the Transport Workers Union, which represents the dispatchers, simulator engineers and flight crew training instructors, and with subsidiary PSA Airlines' pilots and flight attendants.

The International Association of Machinists (IAM) unit representing mechanics is close to a deal, and the IAM Fleet Service negotiators are making good progress.

Another excerpt:

US Airways needs restructuring agreements for either a voluntary restructuring or successful bankruptcy reorganization. If the company gets union concessions and qualifies for government financing, then if it's forced into bankruptcy, it probably could get in and out of bankruptcy quickly.

What's disturbing are reports that the CWA leadership is misleading its members. Last Friday, company negotiators asked the union to meet, to try and resolve their differences. The union said its negotiators couldn't meet, but its advisers would be available. However, I'm told that when management tried to schedule a meeting, they were told the advisers had other commitments. Meanwhile, the CWA issued a report telling its members the company met with the advisers last weekend - which management disputes.

Funny you said the IAM was close to a deal and now you say differant?

Give up while you are behind, you have NO credibility at all.

I dont believe or support terrorism, but one man's terrorist is another man's freedom fighter.

Dog Wonder:

I take exception to disrespect and misrepresentation. I'm sitting here watching Fox News and Hezbollah's misrepresentation on TV, which is something certain posters on this website do too...misrepresent. That's the correlation...not disagreement.

I believe terrorist's misrepresent and people of character do not. What's your opinion of purposeful misrepresentation?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Misrepresentation can be found on Fox News and in many of your posts.

Neither you, 700 or Fox News have killed anyone to my knowledge. Comparing posters here to Al-Qaeda and the Hezbollah is an indication you have exhausted all of your respectful opinions.

Watch your walets folks! When this guy comes out, the concessions follow shortly.

These votes were against the advice of the ALPA’s president, ALPA’s professional negotiators, ALPA’s economists, ALPA’s legal staff, ALPA’s financial advisors, every MEC Officer, and 2/3 of the MEC.

This is why you will never be elected to represent any group of pilots. Each MEC officer represents the pilots of his or her base, nothing more. The legal staff and financial advisors are TOOLS hired to provide advice, nothing more. The US Airways Pilot MEC is working together better than it ever has, and you choose to come here, to a public place, and seek division. Shame on you. Greeter.

This post had all kinds of interesting information in it. Most interesting to me was the adding of 6 more international destinations served by 757s. Which cities? Where do the planes come from?

Equally interesting is the lack of discussions with DL and NW, and the 190s being in the east.

Finally, the statement about the 350 sounds like US feels beholden to Airbus. This appears to rule out 787 orders.

All of these interesting topics, and instead it's more of the same - chase USA320Pilot around the board. You guys should create a single thread where you can have this boring argument.

This post had all kinds of interesting information in it. Most interesting to me was the adding of 6 more international destinations served by 757s. Which cities? Where do the planes come from?

Equally interesting is the lack of discussions with DL and NW, and the 190s being in the east.

Finally, the statement about the 350 sounds like US feels beholden to Airbus. This appears to rule out 787 orders.

All of these interesting topics, and instead it's more of the same - chase USA320Pilot around the board. You guys should create a single thread where you can have this boring argument.

I agree with murphy. You guys have so much hate for USA320Pilot that makes you all look very bad and angry. Why not talk about the things that are very important to our company's future...A350, transatlantic expansion, new markets for 190s, etc.

I usually do not post and just read what others post here. But I had to speak up.

Ladies and Gentlemen,

Please confine your comments to the news items raised in the initial post, and refrain from making derogatory comments about the poster. There is plenty to talk about regarding the information in the opening post.

Personal attacks of any kind will not be tolerated.

Let's keep it on topic please.

Thank you.

It's clear Airbus has done a marvelous job of diluting the art of aviation. Anybody can do it. Even someone who honestly believes a 757 can be both a widebody and a narrowbody aircraft - which is like saying you can get both sides of a coin to show face up at the same time. Nevertheless, a person who habitually discards logic can still go to work, get in an Airbus and get it from A to B. Airbus really should use him as an advertisement.

USA320 says it's better to have a job when you're looking for a job when he's justifying ALPA's (his) concessionary agenda. Of course the inconvenient truth he leaves out is that ALPA's (his) actions poison the rest of the industry in which others are looking for or defending that job.

Cowardice cannot be justified, regardless of how many "advisers" you have telling you otherwise.

What's interesting is that certain posters have so much "US Airways hated" and what has happened to their career that they cannot discuss a topic without venting their anger or insulting other's. Insults serve no useful purpose and do not deserve a response.

It's truly sad that people are forced to misrepresent and be disrespectful instead of discussing the topic at hand and I truly feel sorry for them.

It's no use having a rational argument with people filled with hate, especially when they refuse to privately identify them self because their afraid to let their identity be known.

The only people there hurting is them self.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

P.S. PineyBob...maybe if you grow up a bit instead of insulting people I might have a discussion with you, other wise, I will not.

Bits & Pieces
• US Airways expects more transatlantic expansion into long-thin markets with B757 ETOPS aircraft. In a previous news media interview, Scott Kirby, US Airways’ executive vice president of marketing and sales indicated there will be 2 to 3 European cities added to the route network in both 2007 and 2008. In his webcast Parker indicated US Airways would like to add service from Phoenix to both London and Frankfurt, but the A-330 does not have the range and the company does not have the aircraft to do so (yet).

Interesting.

There are no plans to add hubs or expand to new international destinations. The airline needs to ensure its balance sheet remains strong, Parker said.

Latest posts