Well, the rumors about St. Louis f/a base are true

Status
Not open for further replies.
How so? TW was starting flights to BUD, MAD, BCN, HND, BSB, PVG and 2 flights to GIG along with accepting 3-4 new planes a month, along with new orders, when they were going down the tubes? I must have missed something. They were also implementing a JBA with ATI across the Atlantic and had the same or starting over the Pacific? Man, why ever did TW fail? I am not saying that AA is anywhere near where they should be, but come on, they are nowhere near what the end of TW looked like. I have a feeling that there is still more to come. The next 6 months could/should be very interesting.
P.S. Overpaying for S'80 leases doesn't count for new A/C. Same for 717's
<_< ------- TWA kept flying on the backs of it's employees, while Uncle Carl was bleeding us to death by selling discounted tickets below our costs through the karabo agreement. He sold our Crown Jewel LHR routes to American, that paid good money for them, and pocketed to proceeds without putting a dime of that money back into the company. He moved all our spare parts out of MCI to a Company he owned in Wichita and sold them back to TWA, as needed, at an inflated price! He mortgaged everything of value here at the Overhaul base, and again pocketed the money.The employees, with their frozen wages, and retirement, for over ten years,were the ones who kept it going! ' Now AA seems to be going down that same path. AA's management is relying more and more on employee concessions to keep the Airline going!

Since this thread has sunk into the morass of what really happened at TWA and whether St. Louis is or is not a valuable asset, the thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.