We've got a company to run

If Doug spent as much time running his company as he does running his mouth, US would be a top tier airline.

Luv2fly,

Luv2fly said: "If Doug spent as much time running his company as he does running his mouth, US would be a top tier airline."

USA320Pilot comments: Luv, we at US Airways have a long way to go to get our new airline where we want it to be, but, with that said, US Airways is most profitable legacy airline and expects 2007 to have even higher profits than 2006.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Luv2fly,

Luv2fly said: "If Doug spent as much time running his company as he does running his mouth, US would be a top tier airline."

USA320Pilot comments: Luv, we at US Airways have a long way to go to get our new airline where we want it to be, but, with that said, US Airways is most profitable legacy airline and expects 2007 to have even higher profits than 2006.

Regards,

USA320Pilot

And that is great 320, but it is quite evident from the US employees on these boards that your merge is not as glorious as Doug makes it sound.
Doug's comment about running an airline makes it appear he is too preoccupied with the DL bid. DL didn't cause this distraction. Doug did.
As you know, many analysts have speculated that Parker already has too much on his plate and should finish the business at hand before demanding seconds.

And that is great 320, but it is quite evident from the US employees on these boards that your merge is not as glorious as Doug makes it sound.
Doug's comment about running an airline makes it appear he is too preoccupied with the DL bid. DL didn't cause this distraction. Doug did.
As you know, many analysts have speculated that Parker already has too much on his plate and should finish the business at hand before demanding seconds.

With over 30,000 employees, the few dozen that post here are hardly representative of the bulk.

You are joking, right? I hardly think this board is an accurate representation of employee and passenger beliefs. :rolleyes:

With over 30,000 employees, the few dozen that post here are hardly representative of the bulk.

And thus my comment that many industry analysts have suggested that he should finish the business at hand.
There is plenty of evidence to suggest that US/AW merge has not progressed smoothly as Parker alludes to.
Essentially, AW and US still operate today as two different airlines. Labor unrest and uncertainty still abound. The AW pilots are now questioning Doug's ability to run the airline as posted in Tuesday's edition of USA Today claiming he has become too distracted by the proposed DL merge.

And thus my comment that many industry analysts have suggested that he should finish the business at hand.
There is plenty of evidence to suggest that US/AW merge has not progressed smoothly as Parker alludes to.
Essentially, AW and US still operate today as two different airlines. Labor unrest and uncertainty still abound. The AW pilots are now questioning Doug's ability to run the airline as posted in Tuesday's edition of USA Today claiming he has become too distracted by the proposed DL merge.
:lol: :lol: They are worse than the people on this board! Reeeeeeelax, your Delta will be safe..... ;)

There is however, even more evidence, that we are making MONEY! And there is still a long way to go with the merger...so just imagine how much MONEY we will make when it's all done!

Luv2fly,

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Wow! This is the mentality of the GAG once again.

LCC is profitable simply because of the givebacks, pension cancellations, and other employee "contributions". Not because of any operational or marketing genius on the part of management. Southwest makes more money than we do paying their pilots 42% more than LCC pilots. Why?

If other "legacy" carriers had the LCC cost structure they'd be substantially more profitable than US Airways.

But don't bother mentioning that. Company cheerleaders don't want that point made.

pilot

I'm a US employee and am satisfied with the progress of my company. Sure, there have been roadblocks and detours with the merger but that was expected. All in all, the integration of the two airlines is ahead of schedule. Anybody who spouts off how bad the merger is going does not know what all is involved.

Bottom line:
KEEP DELTA THEIR DELTA.
Let's run this airline. Let's straiten up our own mess. Morale rock bottom lowest(Even a story on our local news on this last night). Folks, I've said this before IF this thing should go through. "We ain't seen nothing yet".

I'm a US employee and am satisfied with the progress of my company. Sure, there have been roadblocks and detours with the merger but that was expected. All in all, the integration of the two airlines is ahead of schedule. Anybody who spouts off how bad the merger is going does not know what all is involved.
I may not know how well the merger is going, but I do know that DP is going to have to start to consider actually paying his front line employees a livable wage. Really do not care what color the planes are, I care about being paid on par with our competitiors. I think this has only started to get interesting...... :shock: :eek:

For years and years and years US was the highest paid in the industry, even prior to parity plus 1. To reinvent the airline, I doubt that we'll ever see that happen again, which is not a bad thing. Job security at this point is more important than top of the industry scale.

Job security at this point is more important than top of the industry scale.
[/quote]

Yes, but rock bottom industry scale is wearing a little thin these days.

Back