Reason To Cutback Flights In PIT?

why don't you watch the crew news session in PHX (I forget which one but maybe 2-3 back) with the pilots. One PHX pilot asks Doug why "since the merger we have not made a profit in a SINGLE QUARTER??" Funny, your pilots seem to know it.....
CLINK CLINK CLINK (spoon stirring new batch of koolaid) :up:
What are you talking about? I am from the East, and you think that the pilots know all about the Company's financials??

What are you, new, or just blissfully ignorant? :lol:

The difference, is that while AWA may have made a tiny bit of money

Waaaaaaait, now, all of a sudden, the West turned a "tiny" profit? I thought they lost tons o' money. The West operation is a waste, and PIT's loss is "personal and political" Which is it, folks? :lol:

Laughable.

Give it time...

The West is a one base operation. They can't dismantle that RIGHT NOW! Once we are one operationally, things will change.

Interesting point.....What has the West really brought to this merger? It's not making money and the O/D really isn't in PHX either is it? What would/will happen to the West if/when there is another merger? :huh:

If people hate USAirways and swears they will never fly them, then why would you expect them to stay at Pittsburgh?

The Pittsburgh passengers are getting what they asked for: Low fares, good customer service, good inflight entertainment, ETC.

As a former PIT passenger you DON'T know what we want. But what else would I expect from in uninformed new poster who has probably skulked around these message boards before finding a post to reply to.

From your profile you live in CLT. I'd love to see CLT take the hits that PIT did but it won't because of it's geographic location.

Just remember, what goes around, comes around and someday CLT will be raped by US I'm sure. If the customers in CLT were smart, they'd start demanding the more airlines start service there. Being held hostage by 1 carrier will turn you into..........PIT !

I am happy PIT finally brought in more service. Now I can get home on BETTER airlines.

And where is this so called "good customer service"? I had better customer service during the bankruptcies.....BOTH OF THEM!

LOW FARES? Are you serious? The only "low fares" US provided were on routes they had direct competition on from WN mainly.

And what's the "good inflight entertainment"? A new inflight magazine that pushes condos in LAS and PHX? Or maybe it's the addition of Cranium? OOOO How Entertaining after seeing that same video and you can answer the questions because you've been on a flight every damn day of the week. Now that's what I call entertainment.

You really don't know much about the situation in PIT at all. Or about US in general I think.

Interesting point.....What has the West really brought to this merger? It's not making money and the O/D really isn't in PHX either is it? What would/will happen to the West if/when there is another merger? :huh:
They did save our butts at a crucial time. It's been rumored that the West would be split off...dunnoView attachment 6462 It would be nice to hold on to a hub in the West since we dismantled LAX, SFO, and SAN.

HP Contributions to the Merger
"The Good, the bad and the ugly" but mostly Ugly

1) Shares ( A continuing saga of incompetence)
2) Sceptre
3) Inept Management Team
4) Incompetent IT Dept.
5) Worn Out /Filthy Aircraft
6) Most Unreliable 757 Fleet in the Industry (Maybe we should sacrifice a goat like Air Nepal)
7) The Phoenix Stepford Stare
8) Destruction of First Class
9) Disasterous reconfiguration of A320/321/330
10) Chasing away premium passengers in exchange for Ma & Pa (cheap ticket) Kettle
11) Worst OT,Baggage,& Complaint stats in the Industry
12) Knowing the Price of everything , but the Value on Nothing

What has the West really brought to this merger? It's not making money and the O/D really isn't in PHX either is it?

O & D pax in millions, 2004

1. LAX 31.5
2. LAS 30.3
3. ORD 26.5
4. MCO 25.5
5. ATL 25.4
6. PHX 22.4
7. LGA 21.6
8. DFW 20.2
9. DEN 19.3
10. BOS 19.1
11. SEA 18.9
12. FLL 17.6
13. EWR 17.6
14. JFK 16.3
15. SFO 16.1
16. BWI 15.7
17. PHL 15.3
18. TPA 15.0
19. SAN 14.8
20. MSP 14.3
21. DTW 14.1
22. OAK 12.8
23. MDW 12.5
24. DCA 12.1
25. IAH 11.5
26. HNL 11.0
27. PDX 10.3
28. STL 9.6
29. SJC 9.5
30. SLC 9.4

I am happy PIT finally brought in more service. Now I can get home on BETTER airlines.

And where is this so called "good customer service"? I had better customer service during the bankruptcies.....BOTH OF THEM!

LOW FARES? Are you serious? The only "low fares" US provided were on routes they had direct competition on from WN mainly.

And what's the "good inflight entertainment"? A new inflight magazine that pushes condos in LAS and PHX? Or maybe it's the addition of Cranium? OOOO How Entertaining after seeing that same video and you can answer the questions because you've been on a flight every damn day of the week. Now that's what I call entertainment.

You really don't know much about the situation in PIT at all. Or about US in general I think.

You need to read and comprehend posts better. The poster you are ranting at was saying you got what you wanted- you lost US Airways megahub and 'hostage-holding', and instead got a little bit more service from other airlines with all you complained US didn't provide. The good customer service, low fares, IFE etc is in reference to the handful of flights WN, B6 and others added.