We've got a company to run

For years and years and years US was the highest paid in the industry, even prior to parity plus 1. To reinvent the airline, I doubt that we'll ever see that happen again, which is not a bad thing. Job security at this point is more important than top of the industry scale.
Never said anything about top of industry scale or highest paid; I believe the term I used was "livable wage". Big difference. Glad you are content with your pay and work rules; you can sit back and be happy that at least you have a job. :rolleyes:

Never said anything about top of industry scale or highest paid; I believe the term I used was "livable wage". Big difference. Glad you are content with your pay and work rules; you can sit back and be happy that at least you have a job. :rolleyes:

I didn't suggest you said anything about highest paid. I was merely stating a fact. And thank you. I am quite content in my position, with my work rules, and my pay. Would I turn down a raise? He11 no, but the current scale beats just about anything in this town.

I didn't suggest you said anything about highest paid. I was merely stating a fact. And thank you. I am quite content in my position, with my work rules, and my pay. Would I turn down a raise? He11 no, but the current scale beats just about anything in this town.
So you are clearly not a FA then. Thought you were. Sorry....

You know it's great that US is making money and all....but spruce the damn airline up! It's almost embarrassing going to work anymore....the planes are filthy, dirty, trashy, and let's not even talk about the reconfiguration mess! I think that Tempe has scraped the bottom already trying to save a buck! Enough is enough....put the nice back in flying and create some pride for your employees to be able to feel good about their jobs! I thought this new US was supposed to be something nice not something to laugh at! DP is good at making numbers look good....but I'm not too sure he knows how to run an airline from an image and perception level. B)

HP for years was at or near the bottom of the industry for pay. The excuse was, that our route structure did not have the income producing capability to pay what the big boys paid. The merger with US should eliminate that excuse. Pay has increased for some of the old HP people and I'm sure it will reach everyone soon.

sky high states: Southwest Airlines, perhaps the best airline in existence, visiting our board with words of profound wisdom. WNrforlife, truly, a man of substance that cannot be measured.

only stating opinion

Well, my work is done here.

Congrats to all Delta employees!!!

It's almost embarrassing going to work anymore....

Just almost embarrassing???? :blink: :shock: It's totally embarrassing. I just worked the A330 last night. What a joke. The seat pitch on that plane now is completely embarrassing. If the person infront of you reclines, it makes your tray table unusable; even if you recline your seat to compensate. They are literally in your lap. And I'm not exagerating. I'm 6'1" and my knees were touching the seatpocket infront if me. I had to turn sideways every time I wanted to reposition my feet. Come on Tempe, these people have to sit in these seats for 8-10 hours at a time. Don't you people do feasability studies or something before you implement your decisions?....sheeeeeeeeessssss people :angry2:

Just almost embarrassing???? :blink: :shock: It's totally embarrassing. I just worked the A330 last night. What a joke. The seat pitch on that plane now is completely embarrassing. If the person infront of you reclines, it makes your tray table unusable; even if you recline your seat to compensate. They are literally in your lap. And I'm not exagerating. I'm 6'1" and my knees were touching the seatpocket infront if me. I had to turn sideways every time I wanted to reposition my feet. Come on Tempe, these people have to sit in these seats for 8-10 hours at a time. Don't you people do feasability studies or something before you implement your decisions?....sheeeeeeeeessssss people :angry2:
Doug Park and Gang are Numbers people. When our last man died... (Jeff) he was our Ops guy). Doug and Gang are great BEAN COUNTERS.... :up: AS for OPS... we have always lacked in that dept.... Even looking back a catering we promote bad behavior! :shock:

Just almost embarrassing???? :blink: :shock: It's totally embarrassing. I just worked the A330 last night. What a joke. The seat pitch on that plane now is completely embarrassing. If the person infront of you reclines, it makes your tray table unusable; even if you recline your seat to compensate.

Leave it to Tempe to destroy one of the nicest and most comfortable planes in our fleet! I'm sure catering for the A-330 will be destroyed next....can't wait! :down:

Bottom line:
KEEP DELTA THEIR DELTA.
Let's run this airline. Let's straiten up our own mess. Morale rock bottom lowest(Even a story on our local news on this last night). Folks, I've said this before IF this thing should go through. "We ain't seen nothing yet".

Morale Lowest Where? Here At US? I Think The Morale Is Pretty High.. Why Don't You Roaches Just Stick To What You Do Best...When The Lights Come On You Hide!! ;)

Morale Lowest Where? Here At US? I Think The Morale Is Pretty High.. Why Don't You Roaches Just Stick To What You Do Best...When The Lights Come On You Hide!! ;)

I have to agree with you about morale....it is higher than it has been in the past......it's the PRIDE that has hit the skids! :up: It's just soo much easier to go to work now knowing that this is as good as it gets! :up: No disappointment anymore it is what it is! :lol:

Back