WHAT DOES THIS MEAN IN THE CWA PROPOSAL?

Does it mean that Express will be allowed to cover gate work 'at the Express gates' in those cities? Or cover the gate work 'at all gates' in those cities?

Very interesting question. Ramifications could be devastating.

I can not believe this has not gained more attention. It sounds like all gate work can be run by express employees. If this is the case this could be devastating. After all the RJ's are acquired most of the mainline jobs will be in the hubs....and this could be a way to reduce whats left. MDA, kiosks, RJ's now this....please tell us this ain't true.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 9:37:31 PM networking wrote:

I can not believe this has not gained more attention. It sounds like all gate work can be run by express employees. If this is the case this could be devastating. After all the RJ's are acquired most of the mainline jobs will be in the hubs....and this could be a way to reduce whats left.

MDA, kiosks, RJ's now this....please tell us this ain't true.

---------------
[/blockquote]

The way James Root explained this was that a new classification was going to be created called express. Just like you have ticket counter, gates, baggage...there will be express. A mainline agent who is laid off can get a job working express if they so desire. Of course, it would be at express pay rates, which I believe is about $13.00 per hr.

Correct me it om wrong....dont express employees work commuter flights in the hubs now..????? i thought they chnaged that back in the early 90s....

On the summary of proposed changes to CWAs Aggrement..If you look at the very bottom its dated 6/8/2002.Is this aggrement what we are supposed to base our vote on? I certinly hope not,it is very vague,and very out dated.Did we wait this long for an aggrement that was settled 3mos ago? Is this all there is? I need to see the whole package in order to make an intelligent vote..Please go to www.cwa.net Go to bottom of page that says summary of proposed changes, and check out the date..

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 10:23:10 PM Formatman wrote:

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/6/2002 9:37:31 PM networking wrote:

I can not believe this has not gained more attention. It sounds like all gate work can be run by express employees. If this is the case this could be devastating. After all the RJ's are acquired most of the mainline jobs will be in the hubs....and this could be a way to reduce whats left.

MDA, kiosks, RJ's now this....please tell us this ain't true.

---------------
[/blockquote]

The way James Root explained this was that a new classification was going to be created called "express". Just like you have ticket counter, gates, baggage...there will be express. A mainline agent who is laid off can get a job working express if they so desire. Of course, it would be at express pay rates, which I believe is about $13.00 per hr.

----------------
[/blockquote]
I'm still confused....mainline works tkt ctr, baggage or gates and 'express? Or express works express? Mainline work mainline? Mainline going the way of the dinosaur? Beam me up Scotty!

[P]FOURTH DUPLICATE POST DELETED BY MODERATOR[/P]
[P]AgtN3, check your private mail/e-mail[/P]

The Express Classification is added to the hub cities and all other non-hub cities. These agents may perform the duties of Passenger Service Agents in the event that they are temporarily unavailable. What does that mean? The company can still cut regular agents and replace them with express even though we are talking about mainline aircraft and despite which city you are in. What does temporarily mean? It means whatever the company wants it to mean of course because it matters not to CWA who pays their dues as long as someone is paying. Temporary could mean a decade or it could mean as long as jet engines are the power source for air transportation.

In RES, only about 30% of our calls are for originally booking by phone, the rest are somehow related to Internet Passenger Support including reissues. Therefor only about 30% of today's agents will remain and be covered by the 20.05 max pay. 70% or less depending on layoffs will be transferred to a new classification with a maximum pay of only $13.01/hour. 70 percent means that the majority of those who are topped out will drop over $8 per hour not to mention the vacation, sick time, health care etc. etc. etc. Same goes for airports but a different percentage which I do not have right now. But, as most agents currently employed at the airports are topped out, it will likely be higher than RES.

The only good thing in this TA is for when you leave this company. Take your furloughs and enjoy the flight benefits and early retirement packages. Do it while you have the chance or face the inevitability of losing your job and not having those benefits.

Vote yes and move on and move up!