What happened to the mech sick time?

Mar 2, 2003
Can someone please tell me what happened to cut the mechanic''s sick time pay in half for the first 2 days??? Does anyone know if this is the first two days of each illness? I have a reoccuring problem with an illness that from time to time causes me to miss a day or two. To me the sick time is a very important issue. Why did we get hit so hard in this area when other work groups didn''t?

Plane,

If you recall Mr. Carty stated that the employees of A.A. abused their sick time.

We are not supposed to be sick. They had that printed in papers nationwide.In Jetnet, he asked for everyone to refrain from using sick time,unless you were really sick.

We were all painted as liars,because of a few.

So that is where the change comes from.

The first 2 days at 50%, I assume is to punish you for being sick in the first place. Now you have 3 days left. It appears you only get 4 days of sick pay period.

You may need to check out F.M.L.A. to protect yourself.

Maybe someone else can explain that to you.

Personally, I miss the Perfect Attendance Banquets.

MD80AA

MD80AA,

I guess fleet service clerks don''t have anyone amoung them that has ever abused sick time. Personally I have made it to a couple of the perfect attendance banquets and wasn''t that impressed. Guess I''ld rather have my employer compensate me for my efforts than throw a party where the big wigs can strut around in front of us in their fancy clothes.

----------------
On 4/1/2003 10:15:18 PM Plane Paper Facts wrote:

I guess fleet service clerks don''t have anyone amoung them that has ever abused sick time.

----------------​

If it''ll make you feel any better I am on a 90 day Doctors note requirement.

Why did you get 1/2 pay for the first two days of a sick occurence? Ask your negotiators.

----------------
On 4/1/2003 8:12:28 PM Plane Paper Facts wrote:

Can someone please tell me what happened to cut the mechanic''s sick time pay in half for the first 2 days??? Does anyone know if this is the first two days of each illness? I have a reoccuring problem with an illness that from time to time causes me to miss a day or two. To me the sick time is a very important issue. Why did we get hit so hard in this area when other work groups didn''t?

----------------​
File a lawsiut against the company and union for violating your rights.

If you have a form of a disability that requires sick time, you have been singled out for loss of pay.

I would still like to hear an answer for my origional question. (Does anyone know if this is the first two days of each illness?) Or is this just the first two days used each year? Any one out there got the real scoop on this issue???