Bankruptcy Would have been worse?

----------------
On 5/29/2003 12:32:46 AM RUM@AA wrote:

Speaking of resturcturing a maint. operation with a massive outsourcing campaign.....just what the hell do you call the 1995 SRP sell out? 25% of AAs A&P jobs got outsourced to a new, low paying job classification. The only difference between SRPs and Chromalloy or Halmet is that the TWU continued to collect dues from the people doing the work. It did absolutely nothing good for the A&P membership.
I witnessed the 1989 sell-out, the 1995 sell-out and now the 2003 sell-out.
Face the facts, the TWU is a sell-out union.
You guys suck!

----------------​

Gee isn''t that funny! Who would have ever known that work done "in-house" by AA employees was "Outsourcing"? Oh yeah, your right, there''s just no difference between those OSM positions and working for an outside vendor. I''m sure they have great PENSIONS and low cost benifits too! Plus they''ve got to have opportunities to upgrade your skills and move up to a full mechanics position! Why everyone in A&P school dreams of someday working for Halmet!

I''m sure those poor bastards who were layed off at NWA wish amfa had negotiated an OSM deal for their back shops where they could have kept their benifits and kept accruing pension years, instead of just letting that work walk out the door!!

----------------
On 5/29/2003 10:59:41 AM AAmech wrote:

----------------
On 5/29/2003 12:32:46 AM RUM@AA wrote:

Speaking of resturcturing a maint. operation with a massive outsourcing campaign.....just what the hell do you call the 1995 SRP sell out? 25% of AAs A&P jobs got outsourced to a new, low paying job classification. The only difference between SRPs and Chromalloy or Halmet is that the TWU continued to collect dues from the people doing the work. It did absolutely nothing good for the A&P membership.
I witnessed the 1989 sell-out, the 1995 sell-out and now the 2003 sell-out.
Face the facts, the TWU is a sell-out union.
You guys suck!

----------------​
Gee isn''t that funny! Who would have ever known that work done "in-house" by AA employees was "Outsourcing"? Oh yeah, your right, there''s just no difference between those OSM positions and working for an outside vendor. I''m sure they have great PENSIONS and low cost benifits too! Plus they''ve got to have opportunities to upgrade your skills and move up to a full mechanics position! Why everyone in A&P school dreams of someday working for Halmet!

I''m sure those poor bastards who were layed off at NWA wish amfa had negotiated an OSM deal for their back shops where they could have kept their benifits and kept accruing pension years, instead of just letting that work walk out the door!!

----------------​
1) No! It''s not funny.
2) Reduced wages and no license premiums.
3) Keep reducing our wages and see what happens to the pensions and benefits. AA will follow it''s competitors.
4) Not if they are being layed off and taking a 36% paycut. Are they going to be recalled? I believe you stated that AMFA Northwest mechanics would never be recalled. What makes you think that AA will recall those that are put on the street?
5) Then why has this not been done?