What is Really Happening to the TWA 757's

Skymess

Veteran
Aug 6, 2004
NY
From the flight service hotline this week:

In a continued effort to simplify our fleet and keep us on the road to sustained profitability, AA will be returning 19 non-standard 757-200s, previously part of the TWA fleet, as the leases expire starting in January 2007. The decision to return the 19 leased aircraft is expected to save $50 million in lease costs per year and will avoid adding additional debt to the balance sheet. I realize you may have some questions as to how this affects Flight Service, but at this point we do not know the impact until we receive our operating schedule for 2007.

There was also a rumor that FedEx was looking at them as well, to maybe replace some of their older 727's.
<_< ---- If this were true, there are only two companies that can convert 757's to freighters. One being ALCOLA, which rumor has it, we'll be doing here! And I did hear FedEx was one of their customers! :p

Who cares where they go?
<_< ----- Friend! These airplanes have been part of our bread and butter for quit a while now! I'm just saying it would be nice if they got us a little further down the road, that's all! If not, Oh well! Now if you can't understand that? I feel sorry for you! ;)

<_< ----- Friend! These airplanes have been part of our bread and butter for quit a while now! I'm just saying it would be nice if they got us a little further down the road, that's all! If not, Oh well! Now if you can't understand that? I feel sorry for you! ;)

Agreed, but they're gone....

I'll be glad when the MD80's are gone as well.
AA does not need to keep operating old,wore out "gas guzzlers"just so that it can be an employment agency.
AA needs to return to profitability and do it soon.

I know why SWA likes B737's.They are more maintenance friendly than the MD80 which I worked on for several years in the 1990's.

Agreed, but they're gone....
<_< -----Your probably right, but what I meant be "Down the road a little further" is if their meant to be converted to freighters (a vary small possibility!) it would be nice if we did it! That's all!