Which New Service Would You Like To See

coolflyingfool said:
IF, and that's a big if, the engine thrust rating is really being increased, then aong with the winglets, I would believe that I would like a nonstop out of ISP to PHX or LAS.
Me too. Where did you hear that the engine thrust rating might be increased?

Going off on a bit of an tangent, the following article suggests that Southwest is keeping its eye on Rockford, Ill. The Rockford File.

With SWA announcing that it will add 5 additional a/c in the FY2004, I am wondering if they will be retiring the last of the old -200's or just adding more capacity? Right now, if my math is correct, that means 47 a/c added and 17 removed for a net of 30 a/c. Impressive! 30 a/c making on average 5 trips a day is 150 more/new frequencies! :up: :up: :up: :D

weatherman said:
Which new service would you most like to see WN add to your city?
[post="75206"][/post]​

Hands-down OKC-MDW!!! Our market is totally underserved, and not only would this nonstop make my life so much easier to fly back home to see the family, but it would also be instrumental in connecting a lot of still-unconnected dots between OKC and the east coast. I am glad to see a couple of OKC-STL flights added, as traveling nonrevenue through MCI was a frazzling experience to say the least (although it has improved a lot with the new gate configuration, with two gate clusters as opposed to four).

SW has done a lot this year to connect the dots.

Here are the 10 city pairs that need nonstop service

Manchester - Phoenix
Providence - Las Vegas
Ft. Lauderdale - Phoenix
Baltimore - Detroit
Philadelphia - Detroit
Tulsa - Chicago
Oklahoma City - Chicago
Philadelphia - Nashville
San Antonio - Chicago
Dallas - 42 other states

:up: :D Nicely done, AirplaneFan. The last item on your list caught me off guard and LOL :D :up:

AirplaneFan said:
SW has done a lot this year to connect the dots.

Here are the 10 city pairs that need nonstop service

Manchester - Phoenix
Providence - Las Vegas
Ft. Lauderdale - Phoenix
Baltimore - Detroit
Philadelphia - Detroit
Tulsa - Chicago
Oklahoma City - Chicago
Philadelphia - Nashville
San Antonio - Chicago
Dallas - 42 other states
[post="271738"][/post]​

SWA should have LAS-MCO pretty high on the list. LAS and MCO are the top 2 vacation destinations in the US. They are definitely geared towards 2 different types of vacations and customers, but selling 3 and 4 day vacations packages to both cities could make the whole family happy. Then when the foreign visitors are added in, I would think this would be a very good route. Just my thoughts...........

I fly out of/in to Detroit, so any non-stop heading to any city on the east coast would be a huge service improvement from their current (only) 18 weekday departures. Right now, in order to get to any east coast destination it requires connecting at (270 miles west) Midway. So, DTW-BWI, DTW-PHL, or DTW-PIT would make me estatic.
In my opinion Southwest offers the worst route choices from Detroit than from any other location, even though they have been in that market for almost 15 years.

Harold said:
In my opinion Southwest offers the worst route choices from Detroit than from any other location, even though they have been in that market for almost 15 years.
[post="272105"][/post]​

18 years, actually, at DTW (1987). Along with DET from 1988 to 1993, as has recently been discussed on another thread here.

Latest posts