Wholly Owneds To Be Sold?

:down: All of sudden everybody is worried about their job,they didnt worry
two years ago about the 10000 that lost their jobs. Too bad so sad

28yearsnojob
Posted on Jan 10 2004, 09:41 AM

All of sudden everybody is worried about their job,they didnt worry
two years ago about the 10000 that lost their jobs. Too bad so sad.
WRONG!!!

We the Unionized employees at mainline care immensely about the thousands that have left already. Especially the non union ones because we realize that they have no leverage and are truly "at whim" employees.

The only way we know of, to bring those jobs back, and make our jobs secure, is to use our leverage to force the management into actually running the company instead of shrinking it!!

The cheating, arrogance, and flim flam dealings of the past, has solidified the resolve of all of the unionized groups.

This time no one gets left behind. We've resolved everybody, and we mean EVERYBODY rolls up their sleeves and works to profitability. Or everyone, and we mean EVERYONE, loses.

So, if your free to, everyone join the chorus:

just to clarify J4J classes at PSA. The number of J4J pilots in the next month or so is small because it is overweighted with J4J pilots now. The approximate number are 88 J4J and 48 PSA. There needs to be 40 PSA pilots sent to class to equal the 50/50 ratio. At 8 pilots per class that would be 5 classes of only PSA pilots.

Just a little info.

Chip Munn said:
Dave Siegel has said he wants to have 2 or 3 Express operators presumably to rationalize the product, lower unit costs, and reduce US Airways Group's capital diversion from its core business.
Just in cased you missed it, we've reached the point where US Express is US Airways' core business.

if the wholly owned are sold, then what happens to cities such as abe avp, sce, etc?
i think that would spell the end of those cities and for example abe does very well to phl. i cant even picture an rj from abe to phl when the dash does very well on the runs

The "fat lady" is warming up to sing...the final song for ole' PDT is at hand. It's been coming on for the last 23 months... Fail to Plan..Plan on failing...

The "fat lady" is warming up to sing...the final song for ole' PDT is at hand. It's been coming on for the last 23 months... Fail to Plan..Plan on failing...

I think that UQ and EN will be sold as a package deal together. Whatever they can be had for is the real question. There is nothing of any value on either rproperty. All of the acft are apprching their 40k cycle check. Maybe Mesa will take and operate as a subsid and throw jets in the plan. I wait for the day when the filing cabinets are counted, then I will know the game is over.

Let's look at the facts:

In the 1980's when Stephen Wolf wanted to extract employee concessions that lead to the ESOP, he sold United's Flight Kitchens and Air Wisconsin units to get the employees attention.

In 2002, United and Atlantic Coast Airlines (ACA) reached a MOU that if the United-US Airways merger proceeded, United would sell the three US Airways Express "Wholly Owned" divisions to ACA for $200 million. The intent was to prevent a contract violation with United's flight attendants over scope and the pending Air Wisconsin grievance, the AFA later won.

During the summer Dave Siegel said he wanted to consolidate the US Airways Express carriers into 2 or 3 airlines and that Mesa was the preferred partner.

When US Airways acquiesced to ALPA's position on the CRJ-705, US Airways reached a MOU with Mesa for the Phoenix-based airline to sublease the 25 CRJ-700 positions, but on December 24 PSA filed with the government to include the CRJ-700 in its fleet. These moves now comply with the US Airways-ALPA contract.

Mesa has a history of acquiring US Airways Express assets with the CCAir and Midway agreements.

This week US Airways said it has placed the US Airways Express division up for sale.

MDA is now part of the mainline as the Embraer Division, which will be flown on the mainline operating certificate.

If the "Wholly Owneds" are sold, I expect US Airways to sign a MOU to code share the operation in a strategic parternship to provide needed feed.

Will it occur? maybe, maybe not. However, we do know the J4J PSA hiring has stopped for now.

Regards,

Chip

Well, I will say that if the pilots (UQ,EN, and US) had come to an agreement allowing RJ's to be placed at UQ and EN, more acft would be filling the void and employees at the 2 carriers would not be awaiting their fate at the hands of Mesa, if this is what to come. Why contract out this flying, when we could be strengthening the core. ALPA definately sold their own members down the river. I am glad I am not one of them. I am mad that I have to be subject to such an inept way of thinking.

Alg and PDT do have j4j agreements in place that would allow rjs to come to them. Airways decided to put all the crjs at PSA leaving the other two in the cold. We all have the same general language in place at this time. Work rules and pay issues are only slightly different, but enough to keep them off of the other two properties.

Frontier69 said:
Well, I will say that if the pilots (UQ,EN, and US) had come to an agreement allowing RJ's to be placed at UQ and EN, more acft would be filling the void and employees at the 2 carriers would not be awaiting their fate at the hands of Mesa, if this is what to come. Why contract out this flying, when we could be strengthening the core. ALPA definately sold their own members down the river. I am glad I am not one of them. I am mad that I have to be subject to such an inept way of thinking.
Yes PDt and ALG do have J4J agreements. There was also language in their contracts that a portion of any RJ's financed by US Airways Group would be placed at the participating J4J carriers. This is the subject of a legal action that is still in the process!

Of course Seigel said that the RJ's would first be placed at the WO carrier which had concessionary agreements with all it's work groups first.

This just happened to be Piedmont! LOOKS LIKE JUST ANOTHER SIEGEL LIE!!!!!!

And they wonder why we don't trust him!

And we Mesa pilots will welcome the WO's with all the love that has been given to us over the years.....

[/QUOTE]Will it occur? maybe, maybe not. However, we do know the J4J PSA hiring has stopped for now.
Chip,

Do you ever read the other posts in a thread? About four or five posts ago, sorry make that 12 posts above mine, another person already filled you in on why there will not be a J4J class for the next few months. Stop making things seem other than the way it is! You really have a "flare" for the dramatic don't you? Try getting some facts before you type. It would give you more creditbility.

And what the "H" do you sound so happy about the possibility of the WO's getting sold off to some dirtbag contract carrier for. If I were you I'd keep in mind that the Mainline is WO as well, and someday it might be your turn.

The Group is our home just as much as it's yours, and we'll make sure that whoever buys us won't be happy about it! Unless its to Branson, JetBlue or someone else with a future of course.

Turtle,

You know what you could do with your love.

Have a nice day. :D

Latest posts