Why does US Airways pay so poorly...?

Why does USAirways pay so poorly?

Because people are willing to work for those wages.

Why does US Airways pay so poorly ..... IM glad you ask.

They did what we had to do, and as a result Deltas 15 year plan back fired and you see where they are today ..... <_< Remember who had a massive RJ armada first? Delta. US reluctantly changed RJ scope over the years prior to BK and paycuts.

:lol: Thanks for the laugh.
You are where you are today because that is what you chose.
If you wan't a perfect definition of scapegoating, simply read the post above.

They pay so low because of two chapter 11 filings in less then two years.

:lol: Thanks for the laugh.
You are where you are today because that is what you chose.
If you wan't a perfect definition of scapegoating, simply read the post above.

Let me tell you luv-er boy .... IV been an employee and close observer of this industry for over 30 years .... and my point is factual. I choose my USER name on this board years ago .... because I realized Deltas original business plan way back. Deltas relentless pursuit to run US Airways out of business is the reason neither airline could manipulate yields in many markets to off set Southwest's cherry picking of some eastcoast routes. Spin it anyway you want too......

Why does USAirways pay so poorly?

Because people are willing to work for those wages.

And I just told you why they are willing ..... ??????

Low Pay? What about benefits? Delta beware! U is the most anti-family company in the free world. How else do you explain giving a person (when and if they hire) 7 days vacation for 7 years. Let's not allow family time. Let's sap the rest of his/her salary in health benefits too, but there's more. No holiday pay, no personal days, no night pay, no uniform expense, half pay deadheads, no moving expense when they cut your bases, no job training when you're laid off, no pay for medicals or check-ups, cheap airport motels for crews with little or no exercise equipment. U doesn't care a damn about your health by the way, if they did they'd put their money where their mouth is. The list goes on and on. Nice touch Jerry, spare some of your holiday time off relaxing writing the kids why you had such a banner year at everyone else's expense.

Spin it anyway you want too......

No my friend, the only spin here is coming from you. DL is not the reason where you are today. You and your management are responsible for that. Don't blame DL for your bad decisions.
Using your logic perhaps you should have changed your USER name to JetBluewatch or even Southwestwatch.

No my friend, the only spin here is coming from you. DL is not the reason where you are today. You and your management are responsible for that. Don't blame DL for your bad decisions.

Stupid ### "raw-raw my company" employees like you fail to realize that we are all nothing but labor regardless who's name is painted in the side of the airplane. That's what lead to this death spiral. Until all industry employees stop sipping coo-laid and learn to stand together nothing changes.

employees like you fail to realize that we are all nothing but labor regardless who's name is painted in the side of the airplane. Until all industry employees stop sipping coo-laid and learn to stand together nothing changes.

Now what does this have to do with the original topic of discussion? Are we talking about the merger now?
You blamed Delta for your decline in wages. That is asinine.
All airlines act in a competitive nature. That is the nature of business. It is the same reason why US is attempting a hostile takeover of DL. It is trying to eliminate its biggest competitor.

Now what does this have to do with the original topic of discussion? Are we talking about the merger now?
You blamed Delta for your decline in wages. That is asinine.
All airlines act in a competitive nature. That is the nature of business. It is the same reason why US is attempting a hostile takeover of DL. It is trying to eliminate its biggest competitor.

It does have to do with the topic ..... and yes all airlines are competitive .... and yes Delta did use Comairs RJ's and CVG to devastate US Airways ... Now that Delta has failed ... due to the employees at US Airways determination to keep their jobs and their company alive ..... which explains to 777 why US makes far-less than the rest if the industry.

Delta labor should have made a stronger stand on RJ's in 1990 and Us Airways and Delta would both probably be strong stand a lone companies.

Low Pay? What about benefits? Delta beware! U is the most anti-family company in the free world. How else do you explain giving a person (when and if they hire) 7 days vacation for 7 years. Let's not allow family time. Let's sap the rest of his/her salary in health benefits too, but there's more. No holiday pay, no personal days, no night pay, no uniform expense, half pay deadheads, no moving expense when they cut your bases, no job training when you're laid off, no pay for medicals or check-ups, cheap airport motels for crews with little or no exercise equipment. U doesn't care a damn about your health by the way, if they did they'd put their money where their mouth is. The list goes on and on. Nice touch Jerry, spare some of your holiday time off relaxing writing the kids why you had such a banner year at everyone else's expense.
WHAT??? Who do you work for? I'm a mainline East F/A. We have holiday pay, personal days, night pay, comparable medical/dental, NO motels, uniform expense is coming back, and 7 days vacation in 7 years?!?! Do you know what the heck you are talking about? ARE YOU EXPRESS???

I don't think Delta is responsible for where we are today but they sure are responsible for where THEY are today. All the airlines are just hiding in the bushes just waiting to pounce. We are where we are because of BAD management that did NOT know how to compete or evolve over time. We had a failed merger, failed attempt at fighting Southwest. We went into BK not once but twice. We had choices to make. Take the cuts that management wanted or take unknown cuts from a judge. The job market for ANY industry was not that great at the time and still stinks. It's easy to say strike or walk when you have to go home to your children and family without a job because you STOOD UP to your company. The employees make what they make because they had to. Now we hopefully can fight our way out of the hole through new contracts. We are no longer negotiating under BK thankfully.

It does have to do with the topic ..... and yes all airlines are competitive .... and yes Delta did use Comairs RJ's and CVG to devastate US Airways ... Now that Delta has failed ... due to the employees at US Airways determination to keep their jobs and their company alive ..... which explains to 777 why US makes far-less than the rest if the industry.

Delta labor should have made a stronger stand on RJ's in 1990 and Us Airways and Delta would both probably be strong stand a lone companies.

Your continued emphasis on blaming DAL for the continued compensation deprecations of the last ten years is interesting, and somewhat immature.

The airline entity "blamed" for making the most incursions into the USAir route structure is SWA. Please note how many RJs SWA makes use of. (zero: for those too lazy to look it up). FYI, ALPA asked mgmt to use the SWA pilot contract and mgmt said it was too expensive.

BTW, throughout the last ten years, mgmt has never played the [chapter 7] word, even while in deepest BK. - Bronner used it twice and each time was roundly slapped by the board. All they said was that they would "downsize" and not go out of existence.

I think most of us, even those of us who think we are "only labor", know the score. We gave up compensation _only_ because we were frightened into it, not because it "saved" the company.

The despicable result is that we virually handed the keys back to the same morons who drove us off the road in the first place. -- We still must fix that problem or face continued volitility in our careers. After all, if we still "lose" money despite having the lowest labor costs in the industry, perhaps even the dumbest employee will finally realize that their concessions were futile, at best and that we should have fired management, first.

Starting in the late 80's Delta using Comair (allowed by Delta ALPA) entered all of the core PI/US mid-Atlantic markets. Entering these markets was not the problem, doing it with a grossly under paid Comair staff was. As these new markets developed for Comair some of the flying was shifted to Delta mainline. This flying was taken from the US Airways mainline group. This while the US Airways group tried to hang on to it's scope, not just for themselves but for the profession as a whole.

Comair became a giant RJ armada and successfully crushed US Airways and its employee will to stand up for mainline jobs and pay. Eventually, but too late US employees gave up most of their scope. Look at where we are today ....... US Airways labor working for peanuts and Delta in BK?

WN has only entered 10% of core US routes compared to Comair and Delta since 1990.

Latest posts