Why no contract from the Association?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your insights and information are always welcome here Swamt, the attack the messenger tactic is all the ASS-MEN know when they can't win an argument.
I feel totally unappreciated I come on here and tell you to stop patting one another on the back . Be humble you come from a bankrupt carrier but you persist, you take advice from a guy who hasn't had a contract for 5 years. You follow the restore and more crew. What has any of that got you? Bottom line you will be TWU/ASS a year from now and ten years from now. Hopefully you will be able to vote for the retirement plan you want and for all those that call me a troll Weez I got a vacation in Oct do you feel like taking a ride to Rio I want to check out the babes and the new MTC facility. By the way Weez is not a paid by the TWU if anything he's a TWU kiss a$$ right Weez

I feel totally unappreciated I come on here and tell you to stop patting one another on the back . Be humble you come from a bankrupt carrier but you persist, you take advice from a guy who hasn't had a contract for 5 years. You follow the restore and more crew. What has any of that got you? Bottom line you will be TWU/ASS a year from now and ten years from now. Hopefully you will be able to vote for the retirement plan you want and for all those that call me a troll Weez I got a vacation in Oct do you feel like taking a ride to Rio I want to check out the babes and the new MTC facility. By the way Weez is not a paid by the TWU if anything he's a TWU kiss a$$ right Weez

Got to luv ya Al. You're completely equal opportunity. Everyone gets a swing, lol.

Be humble? We come from an airline that filed for BK with over $5 Billion in cash on hand - nowhere near dire straits. What management did was clean house of as much debt as possible, and see what they could get away with. So, not exactly the same as a US Air or TWA type of BK - lets just be clear on that subject. As far as the Association goes, time will tell, just depends on the tolerance level of the usual union incompetence that the M&R group will tolerate.

Reactions: 1AA

I'am only here to do what I can to help keep the IAMPF's greedy fingers out of the pockets of those who want nothing to do it. You are correct AA was in bankruptcy, I guess we should bend down and give thanks to the America West folks for having faith in bankrupt airline's (even two time losers like USAir). Let us see what AA looks like in ten years and who needed who, I'm betting DFW,ORD will be bigger & Miami will still stay strong while LAX & New York will continue to expand. Can you say the same for the LUS hubs? I do not think you comprehend the size of the LAA and the new AA's fleet, yes a lot of work will be done outside the USA but my prediction is the Tulsa maintenance base will be taken over by someone like Lufthansa and AA will sign a long term deal with them. With our AA pension many of the guys will be able to retire and go to work for them (double dipping) Try doing that with your POS IAMPF! (this is just a thought, I have no information this will happen)

I'am only here to do what I can to help keep the IAMPF's greedy fingers out of the pockets of those who want nothing to do it. You are correct AA was in bankruptcy, I guess we should bend down and give thanks to the America West folks for having faith in bankrupt airline's (even two time losers like USAir). Let us see what AA looks like in ten years and who needed who, I'm betting DFW,ORD will be bigger & Miami will still stay strong while LAX & New York will continue to expand. Can you say the same for the LUS hubs? I do not think you comprehend the size of the LAA and the new AA's fleet, yes a lot of work will be done outside the USA but my prediction is the Tulsa maintenance base will be taken over by someone like Lufthansa and AA will sign a long term deal with them. With our AA pension many of the guys will be able to retire and go to work for them (double dipping) Try doing that with your POS IAMPF! (this is just a thought, I have no information this will happen)
If there wasn't a merger your retirement was headed for the PBGC For a group so loyal to AA you sure chit on it enough.I really don't care which airline had (has) the bigger d@@k

If there wasn't a merger your retirement was headed for the PBGC For a group so loyal to AA you sure chit on it enough.I really don't care which airline had (has) the bigger d@@k
You are wrong again. AA could not dump the pension on the PBGC because then the PBGC would have become the biggest creditor and would have been paid first. That is why it was frozen and not dumped. At least do some research before you try to pass of your drivel as fact. Like most other LUS your version of reality is not even close to the truth. If there had not been a merger US Air would have been gone in a few years. Parker even admitted that in an interview at Stanford University. US Air was not going to be able to compete and would have died a slow painful death according to Parker. But you LUS have never let the truth stop you have you? Oh yeah.... US Air BOUGHT AA right? Get a grip and while you're at it open the window and throw the crack pipe out!

You are way off base on facts again, but that is ok many of the LAA guys bought into the same lies. I have a lot dislike & distrust for the last 3 CEO's at LAA for many reasons, one of which is their attempt to dump my 25 years vested in the AA pension. Joining with USair was the correct path for both airlines and most of the employees feel that way. The way the ASS came about with the lack of input from the local levels was a huge mistake, agreeing to negotiate the TWU members into the IAMPF was an absolute deal breaker for me. But keep this in mind I have zero animosity for the rank & file at LUS, I just do not want anything to do with IAMPF or the ASS.

How it all was explained to me; us air was dust because they had a lot of debt that was about to be called. (think a balloon payment on a mortgage)the pilots were dust because their pensions were all going to be bought for pennies on the dollar. the battle really in the b/k was Horton Amr board vs Pilots pension/Parker debt. Parker/pilots took on some powerful people, and won.

this post isn't meant for anyone to take personally.....

Last edited:
You are way off base on facts again, but that is ok many of the LAA guys bought into the same lies. I have a lot dislike & distrust for the last 3 CEO's at LAA for many reasons, one of which is their attempt to dump my 25 years vested in the AA pension. Joining with USair was the correct path for both airlines and most of the employees feel that way. The way the ASS came about with the lack of input from the local levels was a huge mistake, agreeing to negotiate the TWU members into the IAMPF was an absolute deal breaker for me. But keep this in mind I have zero animosity for the rank & file at LUS, I just do not want anything to do with IAMPF or the ASS.
Beautifully put, I couldn't agree more

How it all was explained to me; us air was dust because they had a lot of debt that was about to be called. (think a balloon payment on a mortgage)the pilots were dust because their pensions were all going to be bought for pennies on the dollar. the battle really in the b/k was Horton Amr board vs Pilots pension/Parker debt. Parker/pilots took on some powerful people, and won.
Company refinance (redo whatever) debt all the time look at some annual reports. Again I don't care what airline has (had) the bigger d!ck, it's moot isn't it? Did I make out in this merger?I sure did but I don't owe anything to any of you sorry I just don't see it. When(IF) we get a joint contract I'll take my seniority and blend in

Company refinance (redo whatever) debt all the time look at some annual reports. Again I don't care what airline has (had) the bigger d!ck, it's moot isn't it? Did I make out in this merger?I sure did but I don't owe anything to any of you sorry I just don't see it. When(IF) we get a joint contract I'll take my seniority and blend in
post really wasn't about you

Anyone remember why Walter White did it? It started so he could afford cancer treatment for himself and also take care of his pregnant wife and family. The path to hell is paved with good intentions. why do I bring this up? The iampf. It's loaded with good intentions. but also in the end its loaded with ulterior motives, such as officer pensions, officer salaries, and international empowerment.

the 401k plan now isn't the old supersaver. Each one of us, now have the access to Fidelity financial professionals. It's also something each one of us can control and own. the 401k is a tax advantage plan that allows each member too...

The employer matching contributions don't count toward the maximum limits that you can contribute to a 401(k) plan. There is, however, a combined contribution limit of $53,000 for the employer and employee contributions in 2015. Also, in 2015, the employee's contribution limit is $18,000.1

Given the plans' valuable tax breaks, it makes sense to invest the maximum if you can. There are annual limits. In 2016, if you are under 50 years old, you can contribute a maximum of $18,000. If you're 50 or older, you can make an additional catch-up contribution of as much as $6,000, for a total of up to $24,00.2

the stone cold reality right now, the iampf is underfunded, in a series of different measurements, much more than the 1 bill its reporting now. 1 bill isn't chump change. Don't google the three legged stool, google multi-employer plans in trouble.

stone cold reality right now, this association was birthed because of international salaries, and the pension.

stone cold reality, Trunka the real head of our association, stone cold reality, is going hat in hand to President Trump and asking for pension bailouts.

This has taken the Iam's Union primary responsibility of negotiating for better wages, benefits and work rules for the membership, to focus on their out sized salaries and pensions. Ask why TWU, isn't the lead on the contract negotiations.? So much for Federal law, on which Union was supposed to be Union on property. What did it cost Twu members? we got the raise, finally but scope and station re-openings? It also most likely held up a better contract, and which union has arguably the better contract, and got close to a 100 percent raise.

Hey, look the government has the printing press to make up shortfalls, but we are making our kids pay for our pensions, when it goes pbgc. And what will the Unions have to give up in the Art of the Deal, asking the government to make up the shortfalls.

The Iam also has a printing press, its your union dues, and instead of bargaining for higher wages, its negotiating a bigger contribution from AAl to help shore up their out sized salaries and out sized pensions. Its not mentioned but in the end, thats the true motivation. Sorry because I bet they haven't seen any cuts in their out sized salaries and pensions. If they have its not like the ones you're seeing brother. And don't bother questioning their salaries or why they are flying on A passes first class.

Stone cold reality, Google what happens when multi employer plans like central states planning, and ex UPS employees, who fully funded their employee pensions.

It's time to empower yourself. the Unions have now empowered themself. They Lord over us. Want to know, what the market to market, and duration risk on the pension is, ever hear the line they can do that brother...I might be wrong on these observations, but I'll let you guys vote on that, like this Asscociation.

Also in the end, Walter admitted he did it for the Corvettes.

1 and 2 were copy and pastes

Great post sir. You bring up one of the major reasons I prefer the 401K option over any pension. YOU (WE) control how much can go into the accounts. Pensions (at least the IAMPF) are restricted to a maximum of 40 hours X's what ever is nego per hour and no more, and no make up. At least with the 401K's we can work several thousand hours of overtime each year (or not, if we want) and all of that extra worked hours and money goes right into the 401K accounts which means thousands upon thousands more dollars going in including the companies added % match to the added overtime monies worked in overtime. I don't need any overtime, but I love the fact that I can work any overtime during the catch up program and really slam my retirement account for about 10-20 years and really pad my retirement account. Cannot do any of this with the pensions. And rest assured, I can say it is more than likely the pension will go thru at least 1 or 2 more reductions in benefits paid rather it is to the retirees or the workers still working, they will get hacked more and more until finally they are just gone or hardly any help at all. Example: The pensions and retirement funds and accounts for our police and firefighters here in Dallas were on the verge of exploding and going down the tubes. The temporary fix was just passed to push it off on to the tax payers of Dallas County. It will get into trouble yet again once this Band-Aid wears off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back