Why Not Restore and More?

Gee, you and Bob jumped all over Carter's second term, but ignored Clinton's third term?

Since it appears you and he don't balance out the views expressed in the MSM a.k.a. Pravda, I'll spell it out for you in language even you should be capable of understanding...

Well, if you are going to lower yourself and consort with us mere workers then you should learn to speak like we do and just say what you mean.

Obama is a babe in the woods, and so was Carter. Both are well educated and well spoken. The comparisons between the two have been made for months.

Only by fustrated McCain supporters who just cant accept the fact that person of African descent will be the face of America for the next four years or more. Face it, Obama is going to be the President, I know you are upset and will miss the worldly refined sophistication that GW brought to the White House(sarcasm) but we as a nation will survive.

Hence, I will continue to refer to the Obama presidency as Jimmy Carter's second term as I have since Super Tuesday.

Sorry but it doesnt jive(sorry about the use of ebonics) with your earlier posts.

Here is what you wrote.

Obama might appear to be serving out Bill Clinton's third term with his Cabinet picks, but economically, it's just as likely to look like Jimmy Carter's second term. We all know how well labor fared back then...

Clearly most people know that Presidents can only serve two terms and the "Clintons third term" phrase has been common in part because of the likely chance that Hillary will get a prominent position within the administration, thus bringing a Clintonian presence once again to the White House. The Carter assiociation only exists on the fringe right and maybe FOX News and is not as common.
Left by itself, your later explanation refering to the "second Carter term" may have been plausible, but the follow up shatters that "We all know how well labor fared back then". Back when? From your own words "Carters second term". This is what you wrote and given what you wrote the logical interpretation a reader would have is that you believed that Carter had a second term since you refer to it in the past tense..

Like I said, if you are going to lower yourself and consort with us mere workers say what you mean and dont assume that we should fill in all the gaps with your personal hatred of President-Elect Obama in mind.

Getting back to the topic;

You said;
You don't want to be an accountant, yet in the next breath you continue to make asinine assumptions that really is $100K per employee left over after expenses are paid out, and that paying a third of it in raises is justified....

You are the one with the assinine assumptions. I didnt say what was "left over", I dont care whats left over since thats not under our control. The fact is we are bringing in more than ever before and we are getting less than ever before. $100k a year more per employee, thats a huge windfall for the company, I cant control what the company does with the rest of it (winglets, new terminals, new aircraft, PUPs etc) but we want what we gave up back, all of it right up to where we should be.

You're right that AMR is healthier today than it was in 2003. It's like the guy down the street from me who lost 100 lbs. Using your logic, he could afford to re-gain 30 lbs and still be healthier than he was before...

Well if he really only needed to lose 70lbs that would be true wouldnt it? Also I would say that being 100 lbs overweight would generally be more unhealthy than being 30lbs overweight? You can be underweight to the point of being unhealthy.

That said, even though AMR may not be of optimal health they are healthy enough to give us back what they took. As long as I've been in this industry, over 28 years now, its "health" has been considered precarious and as long as it remains labor intensive that claim will never change because that is their greatest weapon for keeping our wages low.

I am not an "eolesen" fan by any means. And I doubt he needs my help with this argument. But I have to admit that reading his Jimmy Carter "second term" comment, I had no problems with understanding that he meant Obama's election could look like Carter's 2nd term had he been elected. I'm not sure he had to include a waiver explaining to everyone here that Carter only served one term.

I think Owens and Eolesen's "fondness" for each other (sarcasm, of course) is becoming tit for tat.

It's just so easy to claim that McCain voters are racist, isn't it? You think that will just automatically shut people up from opposing the empty suit you voted into office?...

It's like the people who claim that anyone who hates unions is a management shill. Never mind that 80% of the country doesn't think it's a necessary institution anymore.

No, it's much easier to shout a name at them, and hope you can "shame them" into being quiet, rather than support your side of the argument with facts or logic.

I didn't vote for McCain because he was white and spent six years in a Hanoi prison, and I didn't vote against Obama because he's half-black or because he had blood relatives in the country illegally (and will now get special dispensation because of their relationship).

No, I voted on who was going to be the better leader.

Obama's book smart, and looks great on camera in scripted situations, but a bag of hammers has more leadership experience than he does. Heck, an assistant Scoutmaster probably has more leadership and decision ability than Obama's exhibited.

Ironically, Obama's quals for POTUS are no better than the MBA's you love to criticise so much.

I know, I'm a racist. And I hate union members.

For the record, I also hate gay people because I voted for a constitutional amendment supporting what my faith believes marriage is, and apparently am a xenophobe who hate Mexicans because I support legal immigration and don't support the outsourcing of jobs to other countries. I hate women because I think abortion is legalized murder of another human being.

I also hate kids because I thought High School Musical was a waste of electrons and film....

Did I leave anyone out?

And labor??

Maybe you could actually respond to the point, instead of resorting to attacking the poster again...

What gains were made for labor between 1976 and 1980?

What gains were made from 1980 to 1992?

What gains were made from 1992 to 2000?

Anxiously awaiting further attacks on my character, versus real answers to questions posed but ignored....

I know, I'm a racist. And I hate union members.

For the record, I also hate gay people because I voted for a constitutional amendment supporting what my faith believes marriage is, and apparently am a xenophobe who hate Mexicans because I support legal immigration and don't support the outsourcing of jobs to other countries. I hate women because I think abortion is legalized murder of another human being.

I also hate kids because I thought High School Musical was a waste of electrons and film....

Did I leave anyone out?

Anxiously awaiting further attacks on my character, versus real answers to questions posed but ignored....

Your character doesn't need to be attacked after you said what you said on the closing of MCI subject. :down: Nobody wants to flame you but it seems like you only have one opinion on all subjects and it's ALWAYS geered toward management. And with your thought that the USA doesn't think theres a need for unions anymore? Let me tell you something. Watch how fast all wages in the US would decline without them!

I personally don't care who you hate, that's your problem. But it is VERY obvious that you HATE all of AA's unionized workforce. Why Eric? Do you think it's our fault that your AMR stock has gone down? Why don't you put the fault where it really belongs, poor management decisions! We do care what happens to AA, it's our bread and butter. But they're like a slumlord who doesn't want to fix anything and the rats have infested the building. Maybe if they were a better landlord then the tenants would be more willing to work with them to fix the problems?

And it seems to me that your questions are always answered but you're the one who chooses to ignore them? Why?

But it is VERY obvious that you HATE all of AA's unionized workforce.
Actually, I don't. I'm just not one to sugar coat facts. If you see that as hate, that's your problem.

A few of you are in some serious denial over the real ability of AA to pay you what you think is a fair wage. I, like FWAAA, think you deserve raises. Where we disagree is how that's going to happen, and how much it can be without forcing the company over the edge.

I don't own AMR stock anymore, so my only investment right now is 250,000 frequent flier miles.

You love to blame AMR's management's decisions for the stock price, but the fact is that ALL airline stocks tend to move like a bunch of six year olds following a soccer ball.

pi_large.gif

See that disparity between disposable income and real spending? Super-impose the drops in airline traffic, and perhaps you'll see some correlation between consumer spending and leisure travel. The differences in disposable income could be fuel driven; the uptick in September was likely back-to-school driven. Note the drops were before the investment banks and stock market crashed.

That's real data. Not opinion, not perception, not propaganda.

"Bureau of Economic Analysis BEA.Gov" said:
Consumer spending, which constitutes some two-thirds of total economic activity, was falling at an annual rate of 3.1% in Q3 the GDP report found - the first quarterly decline since 1991, as well as the largest quarterly decline in 28 years.

Anyone else remember what happened to airline employees as a whole in 1991? I do.

Anyone else remember what happened to airline employees as a whole in 1991? I do.

I remember well...

The following year AA offered us a contract extension through 1995.

Top out length went from 12 years back to 5 years. The end of the 10 year 1983 concession deal was coming to and end, and without being in negotations a decent contract was offered.

Mechanics were topping out and getting $7 plus per hour raises.

If you are saying we are nearing that kind of contract I am excited!

I was referring to CO, TW, PA, ML & EA. All five were in bankruptcy during the last real recession, and only two survived.

IIRC, wasn't the 1991 contract the one which gave AA SRP's and Flex Benefits?

I was referring to CO, TW, PA, ML & EA. All five were in bankruptcy during the last real recession, and only two survived.

IIRC, wasn't the 1991 contract the one which gave AA SRP's and Flex Benefits?

1989 Flex Benefits
1995 SRP

1992 Contract Extension BIG RAISE

what does IIRC stand for anyway?

More from Flagship News;

Pg 3 One-Two Punch

AMR ended the third quarter with $5.1 billion in cash and short term investments, and net debt(debt minus cash) of $10.7 billion, down from 11.2 billion a year ago.

According to Arpey, the company's improved financial foundation gives it the confidence and means to invest in the future, even as it tackles its near term challenges. "We are going to need a modern, fuel efficient fleet ,,,,,,Which is why we have accelerated our fleet renewal program in recent months."

Dozens of new Boeing 737s on the way.

42 wide body 787 aircraft,,, with the right to purchase up to 58 more

They may be telling us the sky is falling but their actions say something else. We can squeeze a few more years out of the ones we have. Why buy new airplanes and provide some upstart with cheap equipement?

I'd rather see a new car in my driveway than a new airplane on the tarmac.

Restore and more. Then buy your new toys Mr Arpey.

More from Flagship News;

Pg 3 One-Two Punch

They may be telling us the sky is falling but their actions say something else. We can squeeze a few more years out of the ones we have. Why buy new airplanes and provide some upstart with cheap equipement?

More from Flagship News;

Pg 3 One-Two Punch

Bobby you need a new set of drums............you have beaten the same drum for so long you have worn the drum out and then you go delusional...................some things you write make some of us think, but your constant rant is a bit overboard..................get new drums and a new script...........

I too would like to have a new car in my drive way.

Considering that I am giving 5 + years of concessions the time has come for restore and more.

Jim Little took our pay and benefits away from us and gave them to AA in order to keep AA from going into BK.

AA took our sacrifices and then filled their pockets.

Why isn't Jim Little saying restore and more?

Keep beating that drum Bob!

I always enjoy listening to Jim Little and the boys banging the drums in the months of Aug/Sep and then again Jan/Feb and then deafening silence Nov/Dec. It is easy to understand when you think of the logic under a company union mentality. So if they wont bang the drum who will? Keep banging the drum Bob maybe someone will eventually listen and will join in the movement!

THERE WILL BE NO AMERICAN AIRLINES LEFT IF THEY GET TO MY SENIORITY!
That is a statement I heard often from many of my fellow AMT's at NWA.

Of course, there is no way you guys will ever go on strike, or be locked out as long as you are with the TWU...

Back