Will Dave ask for more?

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/3/2003 4:22:10 PM Biffeman wrote:

Since US reported another huge loss what will Dave ask us for this time?
----------------
Probably a kidney or first born.....

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/3/2003 4:22:10 PM Biffeman wrote:

Since US reported another huge loss what will Dave ask us for this time?
----------------
$13.01 hr if you're lucky.....

At these loss rates, it is likely the airline would be bleeding at an alarming rate, even if the employees worked for free.

$7,000,000 per day loss in the 4th quarter, divided by @30,000 employees = an average of $233 per employee per day.

So basically, we need to come to work for free. Maybe that's what's next.

1.Has there been any new marketing stategies anyones heard?

2.How about new endeavors to get rid of WASTE in this co. as another cost savings measure?
3.As we now have an increase in managers and Directors, has any one of them tackled this initiative?

Oh. Maybe the " We work for food" should do the trick.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/3/2003 8:26:52 PM flyin2low wrote:

"So basically, we need to come to work for free. Maybe that's what's next."

Actually most employees will have to pay to come to work. $13.00/hr x 8 hrs= $104. Need $233/employee per day. Since everybody doesn't work 7 days a week, that will be required too.....And everybody is upgraded to Full time to make it happen.
----------------
[/blockquote]
will we have to pay time and a half and double time for the privilege

"So basically, we need to come to work for free. Maybe that's what's next."

Actually most employees will have to pay to come to work. $13.00/hr x 8 hrs= $104. Need $233/employee per day. Since everybody doesn't work 7 days a week, that will be required too.....And everybody is upgraded to Full time to make it happen.

Man...I missed all of that. Yes 7 days a week will be required and yes you will have to pay double over 8 hours and on holidays. This is why I am not management at big corportation, just my little "S" corp.

Well, for one thing we could save the $11,550 on postage that we spend to mail a copy of every bulletin that issues from CCY to each individual employee. We use enough paper on a daily basis to paper train all the animals at the Chicago Zoo for the next ten years.

Also, what would be the harm in offering employees memberships in the US Airways Club? I don't mean that we should all hang out there like the Hard Rock Cafe, but I know I would certainly appreciate a quiet place between flights, and I would be willing to pay for a membership.

And if Dave wants something more from me, he's welcome to come to our house for dinner. I hope he likes raman soup and tic tacs.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 2/3/2003 11:11:03 PM ScottishWitch wrote:

Well, for one thing we could save the $11,550 on postage that we spend to mail a copy of every bulletin that issues from CCY to each individual employee. We use enough paper on a daily basis to paper train all the animals at the Chicago Zoo for the next ten years.

----------------
[/blockquote]
This is a very good point. They mail this to each employee and then have the same stuff all over the BB at work along with posting it in US Daily printings.. Another Bonehead item is the posting of station memo's. At my station the Mgr. plasters copies all over the place and then makes 50 more copies and puts one in each mailbox. Once you read it on the BB there is no need to have a copy in your mailbox. All of them go straight to the round file in seconds. It may sound small, but adds up around the system.

Piney/Wings..

When I was in management, the constant drumbeat from the employees was "Communication." Why did you not tell me this? So, in an effort to expand this communication, I would try all sorts of concepts to ensure each employee knew what was happening. This is what I got in return:

1. I don't need this junk in my mailbox. I read it on the bulletin board.

2. I don't read the bulletin board. Why don't you put a copy in my mail box.

3. I never read e-mail from the Company. It is nothing but propaganda. Come and tell we what is important.

4. The mail I get from the Company gets immediately tossed. If it is important, I hear it on the line.

The list goes on and on. ON the one hand the employees demand communication, yet, on the other, it has to meet their individual needs.

I am sure ALPA/AFA/TWU/IAM/CWA have the same problem.

Lindy

Lindy-

Here, here! This is definitely a pet peeve.

You are absolutely right. What I love, is when folks tell me how much 'easier' it would be for ME to communicate with them in the very specific way that they want. More likely, the person doesn't pay attention or has a poor memory. Have you ever had people say they prefer one way of communication, until they get caught ignoring it or forgetting it, so they ask, "why didn't you email me, or whatever."

The real cost item is people not paying attention. It's simple, if you don't make ANY effort to know what's going on, don't complain.

with a 279 million loss on the operation that is 3.2 million per day!! this terrible performance is with most of the cuts in place? Something is not working in this business plan....still to many employees 118 per aircraft. DAL has 82/aircraft, SWA has 78 per aircraft. After BK what is going to be different? I think dave is hoping the mainline can hang on long enough to start making money with RJs....

It looks like there will be a third round of cuts by 3q of this year...

I wonder if RSA is getting nervous...

Well I'm sitting back, more to the point, sitting on my ###, collecting approx. 3 months severance at 20 bux an hour and unemp. at 500 every 2 weeks, and feeling very very sorry for you guyz.Because it is going to take way more than a 2 faced Mike Myers wanna be to turn this company around and listen to the things A320 and others speak of , which I also have mentioned, and have fallen and will continue to fall on deaf ears.

To Biffman, it's not "how much will management Bosses ask for this time, but rather how much more are you [your group collectively] willing to give him?

Fleet service could work free for a few years [wages & benefits] before it would amount to the amount of money management lost in the last quarter alone.

The employees gave enough money so that Larry, Curly and Mo could run this company. And don't buy into that manufacturization that somehow the economy is responsible for our huge loss. Partly...yes, but in whole NO!

The real questions are: How will management appease ALPA and the other unions other than the ole faithful dues-checkoff trick?

And will the members of each union continue to support union recommendations that may or may not be competent and in the best interest of the memberships?

Don't get to secure with these "save the company and your job" modifications because another one might not be too far off.

It's a beaten path of corporate greed that is not exclusive to this industry.

Tim Nelson
IAM Local Chairman 1487