Will the 777X be DL's next generation widebody

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you honestly expect Delta to drop most of its TATL flying? Delta pushed the 788s out just for 767/744 replacement. Why didn't they change then? 

15 seats across 30-40 flights a day sure as heck is a good bit of capacity. Some of the markets can't even handle seasonal service on 763s...

WT, not trying to be a dick, but your really proving how little you know in general about aircraft and other airlines. AA had nothing but 789s on order...and cut the order of 42 down to 30 and added 12 788s.

Also United has already said it will replace its 763s with 788s. (matter of fact I believe they places an order for 35 788s before the merger.)

and good job on the 744 replacement guess. haha you have a 66% chance of being right, why not add in the 350 just so you can come back and calm another moral victory in a few years?  

So how about we do this, why don't we put 5 on Delta taking 788s? Kind of like the 73W idea you had, I'd love for you to be wrong again. ;)
where did you get from what I said that DL would have to cut its TATL flying by using a 764/330 size aircraft? the 764 has TRIP costs that are marginally higher than the 763 but at a CASM that is much lower.  The reason why the 764 makes economic sense if there were enough demand is because of the lower CASM.

DL has made the decision to keep its older 763s in service and not retire them en masse at this point because they are paid for, they are still cost competitive with what is available on the new and used aircraft market, and because the 763 IS small enough to serve a lot of routes that don't demand year round service.

Europe has always had strong peaks in demand in the summer; Pan Am couldn't figure out how to balance the revenue peaks with deep valleys. A large reason why it makes little sense to replace the 763s with expensive, new technology aircraft is because there is so much capacity that is pulled out of the system in the winter. How many 763s/330s are actively flying today? DL has been aggressively refurbing the cabins of its int'l fleet for several eyars... you tell me how many surplus aircraft DL has if they were flying all of their fleet, but the simple fact is they don't need to spend a bunch of money to buy new aircraft that will be used heavily only six months per year.

If AA and UA want to replace their 767s in order to do that, that is their choice.

Further it is far from clear how the TATL systems for various carriers will shake out.
UA's mainline CASM is 10% higher than DL's... in a market like NYC where DL and UA compete directly in a number of markets, it won't take long for there to be significant changes to the market if that doesn't change.

AA continues to cut service from JFK.

For next summer, DL is heavily deploying the 333s at JFK because of their low CASM and large size which give DL an even larger ability to push on other carriers... exactly what DL is doing on the west coast with Japan.

Its the C seat they are using. They are using the same seat they have on the 767s (C only 300s and 400s) and the 757(which will basically be the same seat Delta uses on its 757) 

With the 330/787 having about the same size cabin, Delta would (if they got them tomorrow) go with the 330/744 C seat not the same seat found on the 767. This would allow for 1-2-1 config with aisle access.

In 2020 when the 787s start rolling in its highly likely they will come with a new generation of C class seat.
I can agree with you that DL would prefer the larger BE seat... but the question is whether the 767 seat is enough to get revenue premiums. Given that UA has BE even on the 787 that does not have direct aisle access, I have a feeling the market will easily support DL's 767 direct aisle seat.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts