WN Mechanics seek mediation

New email to be paid 30 days after ratification.
Yea. Co. Forgot that the LOA stated 30 days not 60. So now,we should receive 2 payments in June and then get out contract yearly in Aug for a total of 23% increases for 2019.

I say it should pass by 78 to 82 percent, give you maybe 20% No. At least we don't have an American Airlines situation. Plus we get another 3% raise in August. If ratified.
It may not even get to the 20% margin for the no voters this time. So far anyone I have spoken with has been a yes vote (rather before or after receiving numbers from co. email) I just haven't ran across even one no vote except for the guy that says he will always vote no, but you have those. I am starting to think more like 85-15% passing vote. Since they finally moved to make everyone actually whole (and then some) I just can't find any no's.

It may not even get to the 20% margin for the no voters this time. So far anyone I have spoken with has been a yes vote (rather before or after receiving numbers from co. email) I just haven't ran across even one no vote except for the guy that says he will always vote no, but you have those. I am starting to think more like 85-15% passing vote. Since they finally moved to make everyone actually whole (and then some) I just can't find any no's.
MDW is probably over 90% yes. One guy claimed he,was a No because it took so long and he was mad, and thought he deserved more, funny thing is , he has been here for only 4 years. I had to walk away. But you are probably right on the percentage.

MDW is probably over 90% yes. One guy claimed he,was a No because it took so long and he was mad, and thought he deserved more, funny thing is , he has been here for only 4 years. I had to walk away. But you are probably right on the percentage.
Good thing you walked away if you are like me driver. I am sick and tired of the 2-5 year guys saying they deserve the most. We have them here too and they just piss me off. I even told a guy once, "why don't you let us longer term old timers fight for what we should be fighting for, and you guys will just deal with what is left over", his fight will come to him in time. This guy was also handed this job and didn't do any time out there to work towards this job. No military, no FBO's for 10 years before coming here, no waiting for many years to get that phone call for an interview, no NOTHING. He was handed this job through another very high ranking Director letter of reference and even was rushed thru the interview process, with the Directors ensurrences. He is one of the loudest "give me, give me, give me" screamers. He has NO clue how hard it was to get in at SWA from the streets.
They never learn driver, they just keep demanding everything...

We’ve got those guys everywhere, driver. Problem is, I’m gonna be stuck here working with those guys for the next 20-25 years.

We’ve got those guys everywhere, driver. Problem is, I’m gonna be stuck here working with those guys for the next 20-25 years.
Winner Blue I got 15 to 17 years depending when I get tired of crash pad, and Michigan winters. Good, thing I am not a Steward anymore I would have told him to **** off.

I know the ratification bonus is 401k eligible but does anyone know for sure what the company will match? Talk is going around about completely maxing out the contribution and that the company will match all of it even if it is over 10% of the check.

I know the ratification bonus is 401k eligible but does anyone know for sure what the company will match? Talk is going around about completely maxing out the contribution and that the company will match all of it even if it is over 10% of the check.
They will match up to 9.3 percent, once you Max out your contribution

Co. can do whatever the co. wants to do. But I do not expect the co. to match any more than the 9.3% dollar for dollar, for a total input matched at 18.6%. Some I am hearing are maxing out within that "catch up" clause to slam towards retirement and save a bit on the tax hit for now.
Trust me, the co. will not match if we go in and change to 50% all the 50% dollar for dollar. You can still throw in the 50% but co. will only match the 9.3% dollar for dollar.
I wish they would match all of it. That would be a great boost and might even make up a bit for missing the matches for the past 7 years.

Co. can do whatever the co. wants to do. But I do not expect the co. to match any more than the 9.3% dollar for dollar, for a total input matched at 18.6%. Some I am hearing are maxing out within that "catch up" clause to slam towards retirement and save a bit on the tax hit for now.
Trust me, the co. will not match if we go in and change to 50% all the 50% dollar for dollar. You can still throw in the 50% but co. will only match the 9.3% dollar for dollar.
I wish they would match all of it. That would be a great boost and might even make up a bit for missing the matches for the past 7 years.
Thanks - that's pretty much what I was thinking too. Lots of talk about playing the system for their benefit, but unless the company has some super weird clause about how they will match that I've never been able to find, I think there are some people who are going to get less than they think with the match. There's no tax savings for those of us who have a Roth, but admittedly, there is a good savings for those with a traditional 401k.

You know the thing that pisses me off with that attitude and that seniority level is I started in MDW, many years ago and the probation is a damned red carpet picnic now. I'm sorry, I would challenge anyone who started in the last 5 years compared to the crap we went through. Hell, I remember, after everything, and I mean everything was done, being a slave to everyone, carts cleaned up, NIT and O2 serviced up, training was up to date, you got to clean the vehicles, just to stay and look busy. Lord help you, if you were caught watching tv, on your way through the shop, and lunch, yeah, that was called wolfing down a sandwhich on your way to the next airplane. I've seen guys now asleep on the couch on probation. My eval would of been thrown in the shitcan if I was caught even thinking of sitting on the couch while on probation.

Back